0 Members & 9 Non Members

New Handicapping System for the Trots

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• westerncatwesterncat    28 posts
    maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

According to RWWA there have been 70 horses exported to the Eastern States in the past 12 months. There have been 91 horses imported into WA in the same time, from all states and NZ. There have been 25 horses exported to the USA.

Your numbers are out a tad, Jay Jay.
    Not being rude - but i think your being misleading 

The NZ imports ( re this discussion ) are 1000% irrelevant 

What is relevant is - of those 91 horses imported - how many are from the Eastern States - you say 70 horses have been exported to the E/States - then give us the number imported from the E/States then we are comparing Apples with Apples 
    I have no idea of the breakdown. A question was asked, and an answer was given. If you want to know the breakdown you could talk to RWWA and ask for it, I'd have thought.

If RWWA has these stats on hand without having to look them up, I think it would be pretty safe to assume that RWWA is aware the horse population drain is of concern.

What they plan to do to deal with the situation is anyone's guess.
    It seems they aren't aware of the horse population, 6 meetings a week recently, with double Friday and collie/bridgetown/williams/central Sunday's.

6 meetings programmed for next week too!

Surely some of theses would have been canceled months ago
  • maybesomaybeso    84 posts

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

According to RWWA there have been 70 horses exported to the Eastern States in the past 12 months. There have been 91 horses imported into WA in the same time, from all states and NZ. There have been 25 horses exported to the USA.

What is relevant is - of those 91 horses imported - how many are from the Eastern States - you say 70 horses have been exported to the E/States - then give us the number imported from the E/States then we are comparing Apples with Apples 
    I have no idea of the breakdown. A question was asked, and an answer was given. If you want to know the breakdown you could talk to RWWA and ask for it, I'd have thought.

If RWWA has these stats on hand without having to look them up, I think it would be pretty safe to assume that RWWA is aware the horse population drain is of concern.

It seems they aren't aware of the horse population, 6 meetings a week recently, with double Friday and collie/bridgetown/williams/central Sunday's.

6 meetings programmed for next week too!

Surely some of theses would have been canceled months ago
    Why would they want to do that?

Turnover on WATAB is going gang busters. Turnover on Tuesday at GP with 8 races and 7 horse fields is up bucket loads. Sunday meeting turnover is up by up to 150%, from $80k to $200k.

If people want to punt then give them product to punt on.

It also works out well for participants. It is easier to earn when you only have limited numbers to beat home in a race.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

I think the last few months  RWWA have been concentrating on getting the new mobiles going...............

westerncat, freodockers likes this post.

• westerncatwesterncat    28 posts
    edited March 2021
    AbbysAce said:

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

I think the last few months  RWWA have been concentrating on getting the new mobiles going...............

Exactly! One thing at a time
    JayJay said:

Mares (that I know of from my inaccurate and apparently conservative list):

Rousey, Salome Miss, Tajie Baby, Semi Ramide, Dracarys,Soho Major Player, The Glass Ceiling, Rockstar Diva, Georgie Mae, Nightwatch Star, Lady Lani, Get Ready To Rock, Modern Flicks, Fair La Fete, Faiselle, Lucinda Jamar, Camilla, Taroona Bromac
    I was told that RWWA are releasing a report into horse numbers, including movements interstate and overseas very shortly. Like a lot of things one is told RWWA will be releasing, I will believe it is happening when a report is issued.

westerncat likes this post.

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

Another tidbit.

RWWA wanted to use the mobile at Pinjarra Monday. The drivers requested it be used in trials first, so was used at trials at Pinjarra Tuesday without issue. RWWA would like to use it at GP Friday, but are waiting for clarification from the drivers. The expert is over from Victoria until the mobiles have been commissioned and are in use at race meetings. Ifnot Friday, Bunbury Saturday may see the new mobiles first.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts

AbbysAce said:

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

Exactly! One thing at a time

Will be due for its first major service before its ever done a meeting!

VillageKid, westerncat likes this post.

Just watching Mondooley Mach absolutely brain them at Mildura, I know they go over to n a very low mark with discrepancies in the systems but it just hammers home it must be bloody hard to win a race anywhere here in WA.

cisco likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Tell me you were on him Gilga.
    Is that the MM that has cost us hundreds.
  • sonnysonny    1,053 posts
    Hi Freo, They are not Gilgas odds...

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Just read Gilgas post saw the name of the horse and automatically thought 20s.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

The form he is showing is the kind where not that long ago you would have thought to yourself, “I would love to get hold of that horse and bring him over to WA, he’d do a great job”.

There just seems a lot of opportunities to win races over east at the moment.

Interesting name of one of part owners.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Interesting name of one of part owners.

It’s me if that’s what you’re referring to

freodockers likes this post.

• aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    Burning Rubber using the drop in class next Tuesday at Narrogin to its maximum 

And rightly so

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

And rightly so
    Yep No issue it’s there to be used so use it 

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

Well done Rocket.

Gilgamesh, Rocket_Reign likes this post.

Mmm yeah can see the problem ,yep Know how to fix it ,should I tell them Nah they don’t listen anyway , haven’t had a reply to my latest enquiry that was 3 months ago . 
    edited July 2021
    Would a Metro Staked race programmed like the following for Friday nights 

$18,000
    L7+ Restricted to Horses that have not won a Metro Staked race RBD benefit the industry ? 

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    A Qualifying Stakes?? Heavens above, now there's a radical thought.

aussiebattler, VillageKid likes this post.

$18,000
    L7+ Restricted to Horses that have not won a Metro Staked race RBD benefit the industry ? 

How’s it any different to the LT 40k RBD now?

$18,000

Restricted to Horses that have not won a Metro Staked Race 

currently horses can enter into the LT 40k RBD now and win multiple times before exiting to the next level 

Suggestion has also been to make a rotation of these races as 4yo+ Westbred Only 

It also allows horses that have won more than the 40k in the country a chance at Metro against other Non Metro winners instead of having to compete against horses that have won multiple times at Metro Level that drop back in the L5$ races 

curmudgeon likes this post.

$18,000

currently horses can enter into the LT 40k RBD now and win multiple times before exiting to the next level 

Suggestion has also been to make a rotation of these races as 4yo+ Westbred Only 

It also allows horses that have won more than the 40k in the country a chance at Metro against other Non Metro winners instead of having to compete against horses that have won multiple times at Metro Level that drop back in the L5$ races 

I feel like it would struggle to fill a field

$18,000

some of the Friday codes struggle to fill fields now anyway so they just mix them all together in the L5$ races and make extra races from them with horses from L7 to L15 mixed together 

currently the LT$40k is a lower assessed race than the country equivalent which doesn't make sense  

The John Higgins was traditionally an M0 only now it doesn't allow non metro winners over 40k to start in it but if you have won a metro race and are under 40k they can start in it ,in fact because they are Heats you could win a heat which takes you over the 40k and already be a metro winner prior and still compete in the final 

Just trying to bring back the traditional M0 only as an option for the Industry ,probably wont happen the best they will do is change the LT40K to what we have in the country 

• getthechangegetthechange    310 posts
    programmed like the following for Friday nights 

$18,000
    Similar to mcr where mo was restricted in the metro races and the fastest class in the country was usually c5 And better with no m1 or m2 restriction

some of the Friday codes struggle to fill fields now anyway so they just mix them all together in the L5$ races and make extra races from them with horses from L7 to L15 mixed together 

currently the LT$40k is a lower assessed race than the country equivalent which doesn't make sense  

The John Higgins was traditionally an M0 only now it doesn't allow non metro winners over 40k to start in it but if you have won a metro race and are under 40k they can start in it ,in fact because they are Heats you could win a heat which takes you over the 40k and already be a metro winner prior and still compete in the final 

Just trying to bring back the traditional M0 only as an option for the Industry ,probably wont happen the best they will do is change the LT40K to what we have in the country 

$18,000

$18,000

$18,000

Hi all, 

Just wondering when we are going to see a detailed report relating to how the new handicapping model is going in relation to its objectives, Field sizes/odds on favorites/ comparative wagering growth etc.

In the mean team i'll just try to contain my enthusiasm as we head towards yet another gripping Friday night of action filled feature racing from head quarters, the showcase for Harness racing.

JayJay, AbbysAce likes this post.

Gilga you will see a detailed report when the TAB is sold and the distribution of funds will inevitably be overhauled to protect the long term sale $$$.
    In all reality the trotting industry is surviving on handouts from RWWA.
    A true reflection of trots turnover under the current system would see a reduction in stakemoney, driver payments etc etc. RWWA saving face ?? Maybe.
    However with no income from the TAB once it’s sold, those that actually earn the income are going to have a far bigger say on who gets what.
    Those that continue to bury their heads in the sand and say everything is rosy will be the first to say how they have been hard done by.
    Don't hold your breath Freo......right from the start, promise after promise after promise was made on 3 month, 6 month, 12 month, 18 month .......I lost interest after that, there were probably more......reviews and the release of relevant data (KPI's is the trend speak of flunky business types these days) which covered all the things Gil is asking about above. Along with so many "I take your point" reassurances, when there was never any intention to "take my point" to the point that I became carsick on the drive home from meetings, all I have ever seen was a couple of undetailed generalised "updates" which revealed very little. Cheer squad feel good stuff I would classify it as, even using a couple of industry participants to offer their undying support at one stage.  It is true that what was originally proposed in a "handicapping" sense is a far different animal than the original proposal, changes and tinkering around fine detail seem to be ongoing but I have never seen a detailed analysis or comparison of "befores" and "afters" which would be bottom line best management procedure for any major change in policy or direction for any properly administered private enterprise.

Gilgamesh, savethegame likes this post.

Just an observation.....fixed odds markets up for Friday Night, 9 odds on favourites, which marries up well with the 9 odds on favourites from last Tuesdays Meeting. So that's 18 out of 18 from a new model that promised competitive, "like for like" racing with far fewer odds on favourites. The Lemmings are getting closer to the cliff edge.