In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

ASCOT 27/3/2021

West Australian Racing

Comments

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited March 2021
    Quality coverage by Sky. WTF! Sky 2, split screen with a dog race that hadn't started and no sound for the entire race (the commentator talking about the upcoming dog race). And there was nothing on Sky 1!

bigorangecat likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Thought u home with River Beau @thunder. Odds on pop grabs u on the line.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    yeh spewing and the coverage on SKY was pathetic too agreed
    edited March 2021
    Sky loves going to a dog race when there’s $108 in the win pool and their just about to come onto the track. Meanwhile with hundreds of thousands of dollars involved in a horse race why be able to watch and hear that ?

I’ve seen them go to a dog race with around $100 in the win pool - saying such and such has been well backed on the tote, but much better on fixed odds haha there the best!

Ngawyni, Manchild likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    ^^^^ Blame smirker Mark McGowan. He has put the rest of Australia offside. The eastern states have forgotten about us. Seems Sky believes we have seceded.  @-)
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Ngawyni said:

Quality coverage by Sky. WTF! Sky 2, split screen with a dog race that hadn't started and no sound for the entire race (the commentator talking about the upcoming dog race). And there was nothing on Sky 1!

Use this link below, once the NSW meetings are done for the day they switch to Ascot and u catch the whole back end of the meeting inc mounting yard footage and interviews etc

https://m.racingnsw.com.au/LiveRaces.aspx#ath

Ngawyni, bigorangecat likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    While agreeing that Sky treats WA terribly the last 3 races were in full on STC
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    PC said:

Lunar Impact - the daughter of Real Impact who won the George Ryder Stakes. Real Impact is the sire of Deep Impact.

Deep impact is the sire of real impact ;)
    edited March 2021
    Just looked at Giddyup selections on Tabtouch, they were pretty well on the mark all day. Good effort. Unsure if that’s regular but each time browsed lately they’ve done quite well.

RIO likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited March 2021
    Lucky Linda Lulu  :( Just couldn't hang on. Even fourth would have been a result.  :( :( :(
    edited March 2021
    Lunar Impact just $34.80 on the tote and $51 fixed over $16 less for every $1 - beats me why anyone would have $10 or $20 each way on the tote, just robbing money off yourself.

My Friend Paul in the Melvista a genuine 250/1 chance was paying just $32 on the tote. With prospective payouts like that is it any wonder the tote is going down the gurgolator.
    edited March 2021
    Another good run today was Outback Jack a real gutsy effort.

There’s not much to say for the other four. Off Wego and Flash Ducati had every chance to run on, but just plugged home one batted at best.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    RIO said:

And then the same pilot pulls the head off one, making sure it is tucked in behind a wall of horses, rather than taking a dream run along the fence!!!!!

Yep, all in the running!!!!!
    same same Bradley on mine!! one of our two should have beaten those camels who fought out the finish with clear running..and Downforce unluckiest of the one's close up.

RIO likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Wish Mr Porter had of waited for the run that he let Linda get. Would have bolted in. Great finish to the race though.

Amasenus is low flying and Miss Conteki has a great turn of foot. They should keep winning. Nice effort by My Demi in the last too.

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    May be just the way I am looking at it. But think the stewards should have at least asked some questions of CJP ride in the Melvista at around the 1100m mark . As I said may be the way I have looked at it because nothing in the report
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

3kg Apprentice .K. Bennett has handy book of 5 rides. with a interesting  booking Magniforce who posses enough ability to win a saturday race terrible gate but if they decide to go forward he can wing the gate having a trial  under his belt, with a second up card showing 3 from 4. at 20s might get you outta the chair at the 200 m. mark,

Comment from prior to his last start in city Shows a fair bit of grit. Magniforce  always a worry when they travel long distances to race Probably the Hannans hcp winner Jungle Master who won about 16 races in kalgoorlie sure he never cracked a city win. 12 moths ago Magiforce was beaten 44l in provincial championship final. 2/2 P. Carberry in saddle
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Hope you had a nice collect @savethegame