G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

AFL 2021

Sport

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Fcucken umpires how is that not a grab Liam just got robbed. Their fcucken this game
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Well that stings. 
    Character building I reckon......for me. Lol
    I am now going to have a big sulk. 
    I can either watch Freo and hope they get beat or put on the 2018 Grand Final and watch it for the 687th time. 
    :-q
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    For your sake I hope you chose the latter.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Been critical of the unwatchable nature of the game but the joy is returning. Some absolute ripper games and some fantastic one on one contests.I am watching a lot more games than in the last couple of seasons.

Manchild likes this post.

Haha. Watched some of the Dorkers. Missed the main highlight though. 
    Ie Fyfe getting sat on his ****. 
    Who said the bump is dead ???

edited March 2021
    The Fyfe incident will create a lot of discussion this week.
    To me the concussion was caused when his head hit the ground. Seemed the GWS player was half pushed into Fyfe and braced for contact. Fyfe was not expecting contact and was in a vulnerable position as his eyes were focussed on the ball. Fyfe’s momentum was going sideways towards the GWS player as well which added to the force of the impact.
    I reckon the GWS player has no case to answer. But if he does GWS should appeal it.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Huge game next week Carlton v Fremantle 

Freo unfortunately are running out of players - JL is not really getting a far go - decimated by injuries both years so far - and to key players 

And from Carltons perspective - if they drop this 0-3 - they will be greasing the skids under Teague- another year in the wilderness looms  

I think if Fremantle had their full compliment of players available theyd win - but they havent unfortunately .
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Markovina said:

Huge game next week Carlton v Fremantle 

Freo unfortunately are running out of players - JL is not really getting a far go - decimated by injuries both years so far - and to key players 

And from Carltons perspective - if they drop this 0-3 - they will be greasing the skids under Teague- another year in the wilderness looms  

I think if Fremantle had their full compliment of players available theyd win - but they havent unfortunately .

Be nice if Carlton could get their best side on the park too .

jum likes this post.

Line them up Blacks. Dockers outs will be:
    1. Fyfe
    2. Lobb
    3. Hamlin
    4. Pearce
    5. Logue
    All A graders plus a number of others on the next level. Walters should be back.

Fill in those missing from Carlton and others may way them up.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    detonator said:

The Fyfe incident will create a lot of discussion this week.

To me the concussion was caused when his head hit the ground. Seemed the GWS player was half pushed into Fyfe and braced for contact. Fyfe was not expecting contact and was in a vulnerable position as his eyes were focussed on the ball. Fyfe’s momentum was going sideways towards the GWS player as well which added to the force of the impact.
    I reckon the GWS player has no case to answer. But if he does GWS should appeal it.
    I agree.
    Was surprised to hear calls for the GWS player to get weeks,
    Was just an unfortunate yet innocent collision between to guys with eyes for the ball / in traffic to me.

detonator likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Reid has been given 2 weeks assessed as careless with high impact and high contact

RIO, detonator dislikes this post.

Careless I guess is an apt description
    Watched that incident another 10 times and seriously GWS must appeal. 
    How they get careless ???
    High contact ??? Fyfe’s concussion was more to do with his head hitting the ground.
    Didn’t see Fyfe holding his jaw or anything afterwards.
    What was Reid supposed to do ? Leave himself vulnerable too.
    Michael Christian is a joke and our game is becoming a joke.

RIO likes this post.

Should Stefan Martin be sighted for trying to blind Nic Nat ?
    Medium high contact to the head which could cause serious injury. Careless.....yes.
    Why didn’t Christian give Martin two weeks ??
    Oh that’s right....it was an accident. (I agree 100%)

X(

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    They will appeal and he will be given one week because there was contact. Both players eyes for the ball . Correct Deto the game is becoming a joke
    edited March 2021
    I haven’t watched AFL 360 yet but read Wheatley and Robinson both calling for Reid’s blood.
    Del Santo said it was an accident so no case to answer.
    Fans on Big Footy Forum all saying Reid has no case to answer.
    If GWS appeal Spin and win it, he will escape penalty.
    If they lose it will be an extra week. Reckon for the sake of our game I hope GWS go all the way.
    If the AFL are really concerned about player welfare how about not scheduling the first home games of the season for the Eagles and Dockers to be played mid afternoon in 30+ degree heat.
    Oh that’s right no player has collapsed due to heat stroke....yet.
    Seriously the AFL are a joke.
    Play these games at 6.00pm in March on a Thursday Friday Saturday night and you get an extra 10,000 fans going along too.
    Just saw the angle (on 360) from behind the GWS player.
    2 weeks is justified.

oldhendo likes this post.

Just waiting for Home and Away to finish haha. Then I will take a look.

freodockers dislikes this post.

I have an open mind on the decision but some on here would change their view if the recipient of the bump was one of their elite players.

freodockers, oldhendo likes this post.

Watched AFL 360. Mark Robinson is a f***wit.
    He said Reid left the ground....Wrong you idiot.
    Robinson said Reid should have allowed Fyfe to absorb the hit and take Fyfe with him to lessen the contact. WTF
    Reid stood there and braced for contact after being pushed forward slightly by the Freo player. 
    Fyfe’s body position ie loose and moving sideways and making contact against a 100kg body didn’t help his cause.and then his head hit the turf. Maybe Fyfe should complain against the Optus surface.
    What is next from the AFL. No high mark attempts just in case you get concussed when hitting the turf. Fear of getting sued because the rules don’t cater for duty of care. Please !!!
    Get more contact at the Matthews Netball Centre on a Saturday afternoon.

I have an open mind on the decision but some on here would change their view if the recipient of the bump was one of their elite players.

Or maybe after 10 concussions it is time for Fyfe to wear a helmet. Duty of care to yourself.

1. Fyfe
    2. Lobb
    3. Hamlin
    4. Pearce
    5. Logue
    All A graders plus a number of others on the next level. Walters should be back.

Newman,C Curnow,Marchbank,DeKoning,Silvagni,to a lesser extent McGovern and a young Kemp ,who’s supposed to go ok.
    Ok tell me there all crap <:-P
    And Cripps is getting needled every week just to get out there,can’t move properly,shouldn’t be playing.

cisco likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

1. Fyfe
    2. Lobb
    3. Hamlin
    4. Pearce
    5. Logue

Newman,C Curnow,Marchbank,DeKoning,Silvagni,to a lesser extent McGovern and a young Kemp ,who’s supposed to go ok.
    Hmmm C.Curnow has the potential to be an A grader (not there yet though) the others are B- to C- grade. If Silvagni's name was Jack Smith he would have been delisted in 2016!

Chariots you can add- Walters, S.Hill, Tucker (all A-B+ graders) plus Sturt, Crowden, Henry, Bewley etc if we are going on potential as BAF has!

1. Fyfe
    2. Lobb
    3. Hamlin
    4. Pearce
    5. Logue

Hmmm C.Curnow has the potential to be an A grader (not there yet though) the others are B- to C- grade. If Silvagni's name was Jack Smith he would have been delisted in 2016!

Chariots you can add- Walters, S.Hill, Tucker (all A-B+ graders) plus Sturt, Crowden, Henry, Bewley etc if we are going on potential as BAF has!

Yeah ok ,Silvagni kicked 3 against Richmond round 1,but you West Aussies know all about it,at least we’re not looking for excuses before a games even been played
    Blacks I can't see any Dockers supporters making excuses but I am unsure who Markovina follows.

BlacksAFake likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

Blacks I can't see any Dockers supporters making excuses but I am unsure who Markovina follows.

Whoever my money is on 

Had to laugh when Blacks a Fake - listed McGovern - an absolute spud - who has been a high price monumental  rank failure at Carlton 

Very hard to read the early form - except the obvious that Rich are a mile better than everyone else - but Melb ( who the Dockers lost to ) look allright - so the Dockers loss to them might not be too bad 

freodockers likes this post.

Markovina said:

Whoever my money is on 

Had to laugh when Blacks a Fake - listed McGovern - an absolute spud - who has been a high price monumental  rank failure at Carlton 

Very hard to read the early form - except the obvious that Rich are a mile better than everyone else - but Melb ( who the Dockers lost to ) look allright - so the Dockers loss to them might not be too bad 

I did say to a lesser extent McGovern,for that reason,he’s done zilch.Carlton were 5 points behind Richmond with 5 minutes to go,so if we’re looking for honourable losses ?
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Went to the game on Sunday.
    The main difference Freo 20 to Freo 21 is the new ruckman Lloyd Meek. 
    He is very versatile, great mark and good on the ground. He also allows Darcy to go forward when resting, think at one stage Freo had Taberner, Fyfe and Darcy in the forward line, opened everything up with so many big options, complete opposite to what we have seen in past few years.
    They are still a young side and going to have ups and downs but they have certainly got the list and talent now.
    Looking forward to this weekend against Carlton.
    Just hope both sides bring their best, should be a cracker if so.
    As for GWS, they remind me of the Freo collapse 2016.