G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Albany Cup Today

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
The first thing noticed about today’s Albany Cup is the surprise omission of country cup regular Barry’s Rabbit however upon closer inspection today is Easter Sunday - explanation noted.

Okey doke moving onto the big one - if Marachino doesn’t win it, then nearly everything else can.

Extremely wide open outside of the favourite, have a bit of soft spot for the top weights in these races ( there absolutely thrown in @bomber ) so just for the sake of taking on the favourite something small on all three - numbers 1, 2, 3 Touch Of Silver, He’s A Parker, Push To Pass.

He’s A Parker his last win was the Pinjarra Cup in April 2019 it’s been a long road to hoe since. Let’s go again.
Touch Of Silver he’s been soldiering on ok.
Push To Pass the other old grey well we need a bit of luck there.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2021
    Never realised the rank outsider 33/1 seven year old mare Losing Ticket is by Tickets a blast from the past, recall backing him as a young horse in NSW, could get a mile back and rocket to the line over shorter trips.

Would run over the dash in the two year old races and often be just getting warm as the winner crossed the line.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    In the main races I'm with

Apollo $5 - drops 6kg from last start when running on well. Before that, carried nothing for the first time in a while and duly saluted. Back to this weight, drawn well and great track/distance stats is a great each way play

Push to Pass $9 - I cannot have Marrochino at $2. I'm looking up the top (@Ridersonthestorm33) and I am planted firmly in the Push to Pass camp. Was to me a better run in the Esperance cup than Touch of Silver, who will have to carry more weight today than on that ocassion. PTP gets 3.5 kg off ToS and the extra distance and track stats are all on its favour. PTP went around for a look last start at 1400m, was never a hope in that company over that distance.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited April 2021
    In regards to He’s A Parker a form guide states from two runs ago...rider “concerned with action and poor recovery rate.”

Hmmmm that’s a worry, sounds suspiciously the same as heading home from Gloucester Park after the last race on a summers night in the 80’s and 90’s 8-X

thefalcon likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Piercing down in Albany leave me out i think.... will see what happens with the track conditions.
    Looks to be some surface water in the straight, and a camel hangs on and wins the 2nd...
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Demi Go Round has 0-0-0 second up stats but this includes a DQ when first past the post.  Over the odds I think
    I greened out of backing Pikey thankfully but i LOL at that result, the first 4 result not up as it's blown up the server  :))
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Winner School Work for Sarah Searle at Albany  only 50 starters in last 14 years. Sarah had  a horse she purchased for 500 more then 20 years ago who  was very good galloper Cranky Tikit.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Backed Dhurun....drinking for fun
    Haven’t seen a replay and first thoughts only.

Touch Of Silver - awful
    Push To Pass - awful
    He’s A Parker- awful
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ they should be in a nice green paddock for burnt out equines..

H-BOMBER, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

The old grey’s ain’t what they use to be and He’s A Parker is along way away from his Pinjarra Cup win and placing and dual Bunbury Cup placings.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited April 2021
    thefalcon said:

^^ they should be in a nice green paddock for burnt out equines..

There’s not enough nice green paddocks for all the retired race horses that deserve them, it’s easy to say though.

Also just because they can’t run as fast or for as long as they used to doesn’t mean they don’t enjoy doing it, hell there’s plenty of retired pro sports stars playing in vets leagues around the place when it’s pretty obvious they shouldn’t be.  If it’s not hurting them and they aren’t resenting it which only those close to them would know then fair play to those involved

Rodent likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Think falc only being facetious, for me it’s just from a punting perspective. They struggled in a weak Albany Cup. He’s A Parker just a six year old.

They were all decent drifters in the market, not surprising!