G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 4 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Track record in the Group 2 Dubai Gold Cup (race 3 - 3200m) - 3:17.45 by Subjectivist, previous record was 3:17.92 (held by Vazirabad - 2018). Vazirabad won this race in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Vazirabad's peak Timeform rating was 123. Also it would be nice if more Dubai Gold Cup horses could be aimed at the Melbourne Cup or Melbourne Cup runners aimed at Dubai Gold Cup. Both races are 3200m, one is WFA, the other is a handicap. Cross Counter the only horse to win both races - Melbourne Cup into Dubai Gold Cup

savethegame, thefalcon likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    No harm done hopefully nor in trying i suppose but i dunno why they had a dip at the Tancred with Melody Belle.
    edited April 2021
    Mr Quickie!! some win that  :x 

Honorable mention to a couple of analysts from Sectional Stars and again on Insider Trading this morning(Valance involved with both shows)who suggested wait and see if there is money for it then bet up if there is..around 9's firming throughout the day and jumps at 6.50..happy days.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Melody Belle's Record Outside New Zealand

27/5/2017: 1st - Group 2 Sires Produce Stakes (1400m SW at Rosehill, Australia)

10/6/2017: 10th - Group 1 J.J Atkins Stakes (1600m SW at Doomben, Australia)

17/2/2018: 5th - Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes (1200m SW at Randwick, Australia)

3/3/2018: 9th - Group 1 Surround Stakes (1400m SW at Randwick, Australia)

2/11/2019: 1st - Group 1 Empire Rose Stakes (1600m WFA at Flemington, Australia)

9/11/2019: 2nd - Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes (2000m WFA at Flemington, Australia)

22/2/2020: 3rd - Group 1 Futurity Stakes (1400m WFA at Caulfield, Australia)

14/3/2020: 3rd - All Star Mile (1600m WFA at Caulfield, Australia)

4/4/2020: 4th - Group 1 Doncaster Mile (1600m HCP at Randwick, Australia)

11/4/2020: 6th - Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m WFA at Randwick, Australia)

8/8/2020: 6th - Group 2 Missile Stakes (1200m SWP at Rosehill, Australia)

22/8/2020: 11th - Group 1 Winx Stakes (1400m WFA at Randwick, Australia)

7/11/2020: 3rd - Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes (2000m WFA at Flemington, Australia)

3/4/2021: 6th - Group 1 Tancred Stakes (2400m WFA at Rosehill, Australia)

Overall: 14 Starts: 2 - 1 - 3

jum likes this post.

edited April 2021
    As mentioned before they are BIG pussies these blokes on Get On with their nana let it ride place bets, or moreso that they back one's who are super short the win and this week it's a 1.90 pop paying 1.18 the drum  Animoe, last week it was Master Of Wine(who is no more than a passion pop these days)..it ran 3rd at 1.20.

So I'll see their girly bet and raise it with 1K on Mo'unga to place in the Donny at 2.75.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Your loyalty to Mo’unga is admiral TS, but I am on Aegon to knock you off. May the best horse win.  :P
    it's on Det :P i think yours is not well weighted at all? back on the soft helps him to regain that sterling NZ form though, he has been a blackbooker of mine for some time too.

detonator likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Tommy Berry on song today.

god i just had to turn off Opie Bosson's missus and change channel, was on the ch 7 coverage coming from "across the dutch"...a "posh" kiwi accent does not work lmao

Manchild likes this post.

Bet of the month Animoe, the "girls" should have let it ride for the WIN
    Had it won a long long long way from home.
    I agree TS. Bet of the month.
    $1.90 was better than bank interest.
    Just hoping JMAC repeats the dose in the next on Sky Lab. 

[-O<

Thunderstruck likes this post.

I agree on Sky Lab too, might have a few bucks on Cumani's galloper Khoekhoe too he is getting close to winning a Derby(Hit The Shot 2nd in the VRC version)...
    big cat ran near last  :-q Khoekhoe went alright.
    Yeah didn’t give a yelp. Do cats yelp ?
    Run was too bad to be true. I will be checking the stewards report.
    The favourite is a cat too. After the Victoria Oaks I knew it had a heart as big as s “split pea”.
    :-q

Thought Tommy Berry was the Hawkes Sydney Jockey ?
    I note he isn’t on Masked Crusader ?
    can't argue with any of that critique mate..yes they do yelp sort of if you tread on their foot or tail  :))
    detonator said:

Thought Tommy Berry was the Hawkes Sydney Jockey ?

I note he isn’t on Masked Crusader ?
    yeh not sure, usually is i thought too that's strange, i like the horse a lot but the jock not as much and it's a hot field so i'm just going to watch on(although i recouped my losses on the derby cats with Liquero just then TF it held on phew...)
    Reckon Bivouac bounces back though, it and Masked C should be running on hard.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    LSCR Randwick: R9 - 12. Think It Over at 3:45pm on veterinary advice after the gelding sustained multiple abrasions and laceration in the float en route to the course. @aus_turf_club
    Diappointing was Bivvy, Masked Crusader is the heir apparent.
    Didn’t have a bet in the TJ but Nature Strip only loses when I am on it. Haha
    This next one is the big one though Det vs TS. 
    As if just backing a winner is stressful enough let alone competing for bragging rights Haha.

I have to declare my hand though. I am just risking my bonus bet money on Aegon so marginally less stress. Good luck TS. 

:-SS

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    A casual observer of E/S racing these days but Nature Strip gets more pies thrown at him than Razor Ray at the MCG but that was absolutely arrogant in the TJ. For a supposed fake champ, he has won a sh*tloads of group 1's and many millions of buckaroos.
    I am a sometimes potter JJ i confess and sometimes with justification i think as he has a couple of decent flops to his credit, however 6 group 1's don't lie so today i'll eat humble pie lol
    JMAC loves him which is great to see.Certainly towelled them up, the runner up very good also.

seen a few in their stalls during the coverage on 7 what beautiful beasts they are and Nature Strip looked very handsome a real chestnut close to nearly red really?

JayJay likes this post.

edited April 2021
    god that was fn awful didnt seem to go in the ground at all WTF and was too far back..oh well spell time maybe, first losing bet on this beauty i still love him.

Congrats Jamie Kah she kicks goals everywhere. 
    =D>

Anyone else think Bruce is MASSIVE overkill on the corniness??

oldhendo, JayJay, Manchild likes this post.

Bruce has got worse as he gets older. Too much.
    Need to watch the replay for my crab TS.
    McEvoy went searching for bums all the way up the straight it appeared.
    Yours was too far back it appeared. Jockey must have thought he was riding Chataqua. 

have a little hunch they maybe should have gone the derby road with hindsight but nevermind.
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    No, the barrier ruined any chance.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Bruce is nauseating, has been for years, anywhere.....should take up royal watching, he would be right at home salivating over Mr Mountbatten's demise.

Back to Nature Strip......in the stalls, absolutely perfect specimen ....and today (I take your point on some celebrated flops TS), raced accordingly....looked it up, approaching 10 million with bonuses.

Thunderstruck, oldhendo, Manchild likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Yeh to some degree the passion was admirable back in the day but he really is pretty pukeworthy lol 

Ballarat Tomorrow i have one at ok odds 6.50(because it has drawn crapola)called Irish Playboy, Henry Dwyer trains it.
    If you have a spare 5 minutes or even a couple check out Racing.com and watch it's two runs back from a spell at Pakenham first up when he won and the unsuitable(for his pattern anyway)Moonee Valley where he ran a fantastic second 2nd up.
    Horse is flying, the track conditions won't matter nor will the 60kgs and he has a nice long straight to launch home as per these other two ripping runs, also think the barrier holds little fear for this reason and he should get his chance to run over them late.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ i usually get henry's tips thunder, not a word yet, they usually come in the day before...
    Do ya? well poke the bear then cmon mate? lol 
    Would be surprised if he doesn't think it has a good chance the field is down to 12 so IP comes into gate 11, soft 7 track should be fine subject to it not turning into a bog later...into 5's now

savethegame likes this post.