Sport

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    No their just crap Manchild

detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    :))
    I can't believe I got sucked in and tipped Port and Freo this week.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    With the cats getting up n a ripper . I reckon the hawks best was not even a hawk but a pidgeon. The one in the centre refused to be intimidated by any one and refused to fly off. Thought he had a broken wing at first
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Listen to you lot anyone think they got beaten by 100 points.
    Did you know Carlton haven’t played in finals since 2013 and yet it’s the same old Dockers getting beaten again.
    Still think both Carlton and Freo have the makings of a good side, just putting things into perspective.
    Bring on next week will trudge off to Optus looking forward to my Freo bag of mixed lollies, you never know what your going to get.
    BTW Fyfe a champion and legend of the game anyone who says otherwise is just a jealous tosser.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I put Fyfe in the same category as Goodes. Great players but a bit too full on with the self love for me to rate as Champions. Pav is probably your only true club champion IMO.

Been called a lot worse that a jealous tosser, but in my opinion Fyfe would never be considered as a champion, just a great footballer.

Robert Harvey, Simon Black, Michael Voss, Guy McKenna..their champions

oldhendo likes this post.

Chariotsonfire dislikes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Brand Fyfe lost me when asked if he had a date for his first Brownlow win. He replied was Margot Robbie available? 
    Nat Nat Nat.  Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

[-X
    Anyone who makes it to AFL level in my view is a great footballer.
    Then there’s the opinions over who are the greatest.

VillageKid, RIO likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    detonator said:

Brand Fyfe lost me when asked if he had a date for his first Brownlow win. He replied was Margot Robbie available? 

Nat Nat Nat.  Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

[-X
    Your opinion on Brand Fyfe has no relevance as it was the great Detonator that declared to all and sundry that Fyfe would be leaving the Dockers for greener pastures and you could bank on it, no ifs or buts.

VillageKid, freodockers likes this post.

The "great Detonator? Thank you for the compliment and respect. 
    Great also to see you read my posts and remember them.

Yes Nat will NOT see his time out at Freo. The elusive premiership will remain just that if he stays.
    Another tough season at Cockburn will no doubt see his radar point in an easterly direction.
    He is probably looking at Lachie Neale and thinking see........you can do it.
    =))
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    By the way Detonator the Eagles were as good as Port and the Dockers were terrible. You can throw GWS into the latter category as they have really lost the plot.
    OUTRAGEOUS PREDICTION ALERT !!!!

The only way the AFL can save GWS from going into extinction is if they recruit the biggest name in football ie Dustin Martin to the club at the end of the year.
    The club is in dire straits and the premiership window has well and truly closed.

The players will want out and no one will want to go there. That is why Dusty, at the biggest money the game has seen to get him there, will be a priority.
    He won`t do it by himself obviously but the AFL will want this to happen. 
    He has lived in Sydney I believe, and is not adverse from going back there from what I have read.

GWS is on a slippery slope to nowhere and needs serious focus. 
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    He’s contracted to RFC to end 2022.
    In saying that - if our window also closed, trading him before expiry would be a smart move.
    But not if still winning flags...

RIO, Manchild likes this post.

Watching Dusties interview with Nick Reiwoldt I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
    Pretty clear as he’s getting older he is understanding more and more the value of loyalty to RFC.

jum likes this post.

That's what kept him at Richmond last contract.
    North were offering him 50%+ more, but his manager explained to him the value of the off field earnings he would benefit from being a Richmond player v's what he'd get being a North player.
    Bit like the top NBA players (Lebron getting $40m a year to play, but makes like $200m a year off court) - the playing contract figure is the minor detail.

jum likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Don`t underestimate what Dusty can earn off field in the Sydney market with the AFL backing him in.

Israel Falou was getting $1,000,000 per year from the AFL for not even getting a kick to get a GWS supporter base.

The AFL will not let GWS drift off into oblivion.

The North argument is not a valid one. We are talking a few years and a few premierships later on.
    Dusty retreats to his farm these days to get away and avoid the spotlight. He has grown up a bit.
    Western Sydney may not be that unappealing to someone like Dusty ?
    Maybe his old man gets an exemption to go to Sydney to live ?
    And remember Buddy was never going to the Swans until......he did.
    Watch this space. Hmmmm
    :-B
    And some late mail from my work colleague who grew up in the Western Suburbs in Sydney.

His cousin was with Dusty last weekend in Western Sydney at his motorbike bike shop (Built By Bones) They were working on Dusty`s bike.    Just sayin !!! 
    ;)
    Just saying that he's buying a bike from a shop in Sydney ? :)

Hey, as I've said many times - I'm all for it.
    If / when our premiership window is over, cash in your valuable but aging chips.
    (Hawthorn did, although maybe not a great example as they've not been seen since).

I said same on here many moons ago re Pavlich - got hounded down.
    How'd that work out for Freo ?
    edited April 2021
    Not "buying" a bike Tivers, "working" on his bike. 
    Reckon Hardwick will step into Leon`s shoes as well.
    Damien suggesting that he loans his young ruckman out to another club suggests that he has checked out of Richmond already. Are GWS looking for a ruckman to boost their stocks ??? Just sayin !!!

I have got it all planned. Haha. Call me nostradamus. 
    :D
    That concerns me a bit more......
    Gotta laugh third qtr commentary bombers and swans coming off hard games in heat last week in Melbourne.
    Don’t recall any comments regarding Freo and GWS the week before in 30 plus then having to front up 7 days later on the other side of the country.
    Gotta love the commentary absolute tossers.

Manchild likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Cheated and just watched the highlights wonder what price the Swans were to make the 8 prior to season kickoff? 
    The old hindsight shoulda backed them to make the 8 kicking myself now.
    Buddy must be what 33/34 now? Assuming he likes Sydney as a home he killed it signing that marathon contract.
    Sydney $5 to make the 8 at seasons start.

The umpiring was not kind to my bombers tonight. Sydney did their best to throw it away though so all's fair in love and footy tipping
    Exciting game tonight.
    Travis Boak was interviewed after the game and was asked about the midfield stepping up.
    He answered with, last week was a real challenge against Nic Nat. 
    Ollie Wines also said last week we were playing against a dominant ruckman. 
    For those diminishing haters that still knock Nic..... take a long hard suck on my a***. Haha.

Now my attention switches to the golf. 
    :-B

RIO likes this post.

oldhendo dislikes this post.

Detonator I admire your passion but you really are doing a good job of setting yourself up.
    Port a different side last night at home,, one could argue they are like flat track bullies.
    I must say one of the hardest, toughest games I’ve seen for a long time from both sides.
    Agree tough game of footy. Two great teams going at it.
    I commented (not on here) but to my colleagues that I thought Port would have had one eye on last nights game prior to playing us.
    But when two gun midfielders comment about the midfield they came up against the week prior, they didn’t say Sheed, Gaff, Redden...., they referred to one man. The great one. 
    Just sayin 
    :-@

RIO likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    How did the saints not drop Brad Hill? Absolute liability who goes half pace when he doesnt have the ball and murders it when he does have it.
    I agree about Hill.
    Got the big dollars, got the good looking “Melbourne girlfriend” got the 3 premierships.
    But what he hasn’t got is the will, desire and leadership to tough it out with this group.
    After last week Ratten needed to make a statement.
    WTF was that.
    OMG. The drift before the game WCE $1.40 to $1.54 told a tale.
    Eagles midfield looked flat from the first bounce. Even though we had a 33point lead we weren’t slick.
    Saints found their ticker halfway thru the 3rd qtr and we were worrying about what the meals were going to be on the flight home.
    Happy for Brett Ratten. He didn’t deserve the pathetic non effort that his team dished up the week prior.
    As Eddie used to say “a week is a long time in footy” 
    @-)
    It’s called being too cocky Detonator.
    You’ve just had eight straight kicked against you with the goat ruckman.
    Pretty obvious teams are struggling to travel at the moment.

oldhendo likes this post.