0 Members & 41 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited April 2021
    Tivers said:

I will be backIng Tyler Strafaci to be the top amateur @$1.57.
    Saw an interview with him and if confidence translates on to the course then he is past the post.
    I like Justin Thomas to win @$12.00. He will do it for his mate Tiger. He has a very good short game which you need on a fast deck at Augusta.
    Good luck fellow slicers. 
    :D
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    ^^fmd have you seen me play Det?  =)) very rarely if i over adjust for the fade(slice)i either mildly hook and it goes nearly a fairway left or woods bound if it goes straight..but slice is the norm for most average trundlers i think?

Maybe unlikely but would be good to see Matt Jones have a good week.
    Assume all the action should be on Kayo or similar i haven't checked as yet?
    edited April 2021
    I will take your word on your golfing prowess TS. Lol
    Love the Masters. 
    I was considering going to see a round at Augusta when I happened to be in the US at that time.
    Think a ticket cost $900 USD just to walk down magnolia drive.  Unbelievably expensive.
    If JT doesn’t win it I hope Bryson does. He does it his way and I love that.
    Not unlike John Daly. I enjoyed watching his doco on the ESPN 30 for 30 called Hit it Hard.
    Must watch. 

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

^^fmd have you seen me play Det?  =)) very rarely if i over adjust for the fade(slice)i either mildly hook and it goes nearly a fairway left or woods bound if it goes straight..but slice is the norm for most average trundlers i think?

Yes on Kayo. If you are with Telstra you can get it for $5 per month. Absolute bargain!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

Yes on Kayo. If you are with Telstra you can get it for $5 per month. Absolute bargain!
    yes mate! i signed up a month ago it's a real bargain and a pretty good service so far..

@Det..lack of prowess mostly lol the older one gets the swing doesn't get looser that's a given trust me.
    Your right into the golf i see i don't follow it much anymore so my bets will be small..and likely futile.$900? wow that's ridiculous money.
    When H firstly mentioned Bryson i had to check on the Golf Digest form guide to see who he was talking about, also his tip i had never heard of him lol

Anyway should be good to watch fellas..although sleep depriving.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Read an interesting article re Phil Mickelson  today

He said - the 1st time in many years - that Augusta is hard and fast - especially the greens - and that brings a total different  perspective - he said the course has been a bit defenceless for many years - because the fairways are nice and wide - and it hasnt got US Open rough etc 

He said because the greens are so firm - youve got to leave the ball in the right spot - and likewise miss it in the right spots 

Those fast slick bouncy greens - makes it wide open - i mean that Honda Classic that Matt Jones won  - the greens were super slick their too - a couple of players 4 putted from 15 foot 

Betting on golf boy - you could have 10 picks and still miss out - but because the course is going to be firm and quick - and if a bit of breeze comes up as well - you want a player whose got a natural spring - not some manufactured thing which might fall to bits under pressure 

So along those lines my tip is the current Open champion  Shane Lowry the Irishmen - got a real natural free flowing swing - and got good touch around the greens - and how Mickelsons talking that is a must this week

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Ive had something on Morikawa for the tournament at $29 and had to have a small go at the 1st round leader market at the same price.
    Tough first day for many, but Justin Rose takes the honours on day 1 with a 65. He was +2 through 7 holes and then came home with a wet sail shooting -6 on the back 9 after eagle and birdie on 8 and 9.

Many of the big names with work to do. The best tip on here is Lowry at -1 and could have been better with some luck. Morikawa solid at +1 but threw away some shots coming in. Justin Thomas also solid at +1.
    My amateur Strafaci was +1 after 7 when I went to bed.
    One of his two other amateur rivals for my bet was +8 with 4 to play. 
    Happy days until I woke up and switched on the Ipad. My bloke finished +8.
    The pommie bloke finished + 10
    The other amateur finished + 4
    All players won`t make the cut so I have one round for my bloke to get his s*** together. Haha.

Justin Thomas is sitting nicely at this stage. He has an early tee off so time to get to work.
    edited April 2021
    Decent player though Rose, can stick on i'd say the others are already a bit behind the 8 ball chasing a proven player like him?

I missed the cut..off as in 8pm our time betting closed to place bets of the type i decided and live betting didn't have top 5,10,20 or whatever options so stuff it i tanked.Was going to have Matt Jones as a spec top 20 finish he is 2 over and Smith +2 also i think..had changed my mind and decided to sack Niemann he went +3 but all irrelevant really.

Watched some of the play but the hours are a bit rough to watch much with the 12 hour difference.Saw Leishman was -4 after 8 but lunched the lot to finish even.

good luck with your bets.

Some big movers over night with Finau, Thomas, Leishmann, Cam Smith, De Chambeau, Zalatoris, Speith and Weisberger all posting -4 or better to be right in contention. Justin Rose with nerves of steel shooting 72 after being +3 through 8 holes retains the lead at -7. My man Morikawa shoots a solid -3 to be well placed at -2 and 5 shots off the pace. That ground can be easily made up or lost but good to see him in the second half of the week.

Notable cuts include Dustin Johnson, Macillroy and Jason Day.

LeaderboardBreak
    Pos Player R2 Thru Total 1
    J. Rose
    E F [F] -7 T2
    W. Zalatoris
    -4 F [F] -6 T2
    B. Harman
    -3 F [F] -6 T4
    M. Leishman
    -5 F [F] -5 T4
    J. Spieth
    -4 F [F] -5
    T6
    S. Kim
    -3 F [F] -4 T6
    C. Champ
    -4 F [F] -4 T6
    H. Matsuyama
    -1 F [F] -4 T6
    B. Wiesberger
    -6 F [F] -4 T6
    J. Thomas
    -5 F [F] -4 T6
    T. Finau
    -6 F [F] -4 12
    X. Schauffele
    -3 F [F] -3 T13
    C. Conners
    -3 F [F] -2 T13
    R. Palmer
    -4 F [F] -2 T13
    C. Morikawa
    -3 F [F] -2 T13
    C. Smith
    -4 F [F] -2 T17
    M. Jones
    -3 F [F] -1 T17
    S. Cink
    -3 F [F] -1 T17
    V. Hovland
    -2 F [F] -1 T17
    B. DeChambeau
    -5 F [F] -1 T21
    M. Thompson
    E F [F] E T21
    H. Stenson
    -1 F [F] E T21
    B. Todd
    -1 F [F] E T21
    A. Ancer
    -3 F [F] E T21
    B. Watson
    -2 F [F] E T21
    J. Rahm
    E F [F] E T21
    M. Hughes
    E F [F] E T21
    R. MacIntyre
    -2 F [F] E T21
    S. Lowry
    +1 F [F] E T21
    T. Fleetwood
    -2 F [F] E T21
    M. Fitzpatrick
    -2 F [F] E T32
    C. Schwartzel
    -1 F [F] +1 T32
    H. English
    -1 F [F] +1 T32
    P. Reed
    +3 F [F] +1 T32
    M. Laird
    -1 F [F] +1 T32
    G. Woodland
    E F [F] +1 T32
    K. Na
    -2 F [F] +1 T32
    T. Hatton
    +2 F [F] +1 T32
    S. Scheffler
    E F [F] +1 T40
    J. Herman
    -2 F [F] +2 T40
    J. Niemann
    -1 F [F] +2 T40
    W. Simpson
    +4 F [F] +2 T40
    C. Bezuidenhout
    +4 F [F] +2 T40
    J. Olazábal
    -1 F [F] +2 T40
    M. Wallace
    E F [F] +2 T40
    L. Oosthuizen
    -2 F [F] +2 T47
    S. Muñoz
    +1 F [F] +3 T47
    I. Poulter
    +1 F [F] +3 T47
    P. Casey
    +2 F [F] +3 T47
    J. Kokrak
    +4 F [F] +3 T47
    F. Molinari
    +1 F [F] +3 T47
    B. Horschel
    -1 F [F] +3 T47
    P. Mickelson
    E F [F] +3 T47
    A. Scott
    +1 F [F] +3
    H-BOMBER said:

Some big movers over night with Finau, Thomas, Leishmann, Cam Smith, De Chambeau, Zalatoris, Speith and Weisberger all posting -4 or better to be right in contention. Justin Rose with nerves of steel shooting 72 after being +3 through 8 holes retains the lead at -7. My man Morikawa shoots a solid -3 to be well placed at -2 and 5 shots off the pace. That ground can be easily made up or lost but good to see him in the second half of the week.

Notable cuts include Dustin Johnson, Macillroy and Jason Day.

Justin Rose's was a big bounceback as about 7 holes in watching, he was playing crapola and looked like he was going to shoot 78 or even 80! 
    Good to see a few of the ausses in the mix Leishman is playing well, Smith was much better and even Matt Jones at -1 is going ok in only maybe his 2nd ever Masters i think.

I know you guys have money on a couple of Yanks but i would like to see one of our boys win it.

Liking my man Justin Thomas’s position at the moment.
    Shame he bogeyed the last.
    But no lead is safe on this course and you can make ground very quickly.
    Jordan Speith winning would be one of the biggest feel good stories of recent times.
    Plenty of golf left in this tournament and that would be one of the biggest understatements. Haha
    :D
    How did your Amateur guy go? 

edited April 2021
    2nd last. +17. Haha.
    Mind you if was I was in the same group as Dustin Johnson I reckon I wouldn’t be able to hold the club as well.

:-q :-q :-q

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Speith  is the one for me - broke the drought in the Texas open last week 

Is a multiple major winner - and he knows how to a score on the board - hitting it straight - especially off the tee has been his problem 

Ican remember when he was winning those majors - Jack Nicklaus said - look he doesnt do anything special - but he just knows how to win golf tournaments - that is Spieth to a tee - pardon the pun 

But he is a big time winner ( won 2 Aust Opens - great of him to come over - where as most of them dont ) - and if i had my life riding on it - i want to be on him - because he can close the deal 

detonator likes this post.

Big win by Matsuyama. Held his nerve throughout and do just enough in the end.

Morikawa disappointed in a tie for 18th. But he wasn't alone. Top aussie was Leishman, closely followed by Can Smith. Both get an invite back next year and that's a win
    The Zurich Classic of New Orleans starts this evening which is a 2 ball team event on the PGA tour. Lead up to the USPGA in mid May.

I'm with the combination of Finau/Champ to perform well.

Outright $17
    Leader first round $21
    Top 5 finish $4
    Top 10 finish $2.50

Set those alarm clocks
    H-BOMBER said:

The Zurich Classic of New Orleans starts this evening which is a 2 ball team event on the PGA tour. Lead up to the USPGA in mid May.

I'm with the combination of Finau/Champ to perform well.

Outright $17
    Leader first round $21
    Top 5 finish $4
    Top 10 finish $2.50

Set those alarm clocks

Hey Bomber - if you are keen on the US golf which i am - what i do is as follows

Go on your computer to  Golf TV - they are over in the USA - you need to register with a password - and then you can Log in for free - piece of cake - totally free

And on the Thursday and Friday - they have 2 featured groups back to back following each other - so if one of the groups is off at 8 oclock in the morning - the next featured group is the one off at 10 past 8 etc - and they will show every shot live of those 2 featured groups - now that normally comes on about 9pm Perth time - there is a problem with it tonight however 

So from 9pm to about 11pm i watch those 2 featured groups - one night they had Adam Scott and Jason Day in those 2 featured groups  - so i could watch every shot they hit live 

H-BOMBER, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Thanks mate will do that. Been using Kayo early morning previous.

Finau and Champ T1 after 10 holes on -6 [-O<

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Leaderboard after Round 1 @Zurich_Classic:

T1. Hovland/Ventura -10
    T1. Garnett/Stallings
    T3. Champ/Finau -9
    T3. Horschel/Burns
    T3. Bradley/Steele
    T3. Lee/Stanley
    T3. Hubbard/Cappelen
    T3. Oosthuizen/Schwartzel
    T3. Leishman/Smith

Gilgamesh likes this post.

My blokes Finau and Champ T1 after a 68 in the second round to get one back on the Norwegian pair of Hovland and Ventura. Another mover on the day was the group of Rose and Stenson also with a 68

SECOND ROUND - PLAY COMPLETE
    -------------------------------------

TEAM TO PAR THRU
    ---- ----- ----
    1. Champ/Finau -13 F
    1. Hovland/Ventura -13 F
    3. Stenson/Rose -11 F
    3. Watson/Scheffler -11 F
    5. Werenski/Uihlein -10 F
    5. Oosthuizen/Schwartzel -10 F
    7. Leishman/Smith -9 F
    7. Kokrak/Perez -9 F
    9. Bradley/Steele -8 F
    9. Horschel/Burns -8 F
    9. Todd/Kirk -8 F
    9. Rahm/Palmer -8 F
    9. Percy/Chalmers -8 F
    9. Oppenheim/Murray -8 F
    9. McDowell/Wallace -8 F
    16. Garnett/Stallings -7 F
    16. Duncan/Schenk -7 F
    16. Homa/Gooch -7 F
    16. Noren/Norlander -7 F
    16. Pieters/Lewis -7 F
    16. K. Lee/Stanley -7 F
    16. Mitchell/Snedeker -7 F
    Some.big movers overnight, the South African team and the Aussies shooting -9 on the day. Finau and Champ shoot -5 to be T2. Big last round coming up

Leaderboard thru 3 rounds @Zurich_Classic:

1. Oosthuizen/Schwartzel -19
    T2. Leishman/Smith -18
    T2. Champ/Finau
    T4. Watson/Scheffler -17
    T4. Hovland/Ventura
    T6. Pieters/Lewis -16
    T6. Duncan/Schenk
    T6. Bradley/Steele
    T9. 9 teams tied -15
    Well the big movers from Saturday night were the ones to come out on top overnight. The Aussies v The Staffers with both teams finishing on -20 for the 72 holes. It's was the Aussies Smith and Leishman taking the win with a par on the first playoff hole, with Charlton smashing his drive into the water and ending the Saffers hopes. My blokes Finau and Champ crashed and burnes with a final round +4 and T17 wiping me out.

Final leaderboard @Zurich_Classic:

???? Leishman/Smith -20
    2. Oosthuizen/Schwartzel -20 (lost in playoff)
    3. Werenski/Uihlein -19
    T4. Horschel/Burns -18
    T4. Mitchell/Snedeker -18
    T4. Bradley/Steele -18
    7. Rahm/Palmer -17
    That should read Oosthuizen smashing his drive into the water....
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i have received a great email on the rules and regulations that must be adhered to. i'll send chris a copy and he may be able to post on here, its an interesting read.
    The Velspar Championship is underway tonight for the PGA and it's one of the last chances for a good showing before the USPGA in a few weeks. Paul Lowry aiming for his third Velspar Championship win an a row.

My picks for the 4 days are

Corey Connors at $19 outright and $4 top 5
    Peter Uihlein $81 outright and $12 top 10

Had to have a stab at the first round leaders for both at $26 and $101 also.

#lovegolf