G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    He puffed and puffed, poor darling. Needs some hard runs so he'll trial 1 or 2 more times. Wants to run and wants to win and hes looking really good. Chirps a little in the stalls but so nice to handle.

freodockers, Cant_Refuse, VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    What was the injury KTQ
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    He broke a pedal bone and part of his coffin bone in the final 200m of his last race back in Dec 2018 (Nugget heat).
    Hes been in work since July 31 last year just slowly building up so this trial has been a long time coming.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Jay jay,is awaiting instructions going to return in the near future.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Back at the stable after long and patient recovery, resembles a Minke Whale.......on a diet and has had 4 weeks light jogging. So far so good but a fair way off getting back to racing.

VillageKid likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Good to hear he is still a chance to get back.

JayJay likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I see the other night at Penrith Dibaba made it 7 wins from 7 starts in NSW - and banked 34k in stake money 

That 10 out of 10 is looking a real live chance 

curmudgeon, savethegame likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Markovina said:

I see the other night at Penrith Dibaba made it 7 wins from 7 starts in NSW - and banked 34k in stake money 

I hear there aiming for the Ladyship mile

JayJay likes this post.

The filly Five Bangles that won race 2 at Pinjarra yesterday quite well related.....out of a full sister (a $400k stake earner) to the $1.2 million earner Beaudiene Boaz. She is a full sister to highly performed Bad To The Bone. A $220k yearling purchase from the 2020 NZBS sale at Christchurch.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    edited April 2021
    Jack Mac trialed again last night for anyone interested.

savethegame, JayJay, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Hope all's good still one more trial prior to his return?
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    If we take others to trials, he'll likely go along for a ride too. :)
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    R2 tonight Jessie Joan @$20plus looks well worth a spec to me. Can see it leading and giving a lot of cheek. Will be taking it with the fave No8 Lets Get Messi and No9 Triple Bree up the top end of some first fours.
    R5 Battle Of Bunbury shaping as a contest into the first corner....a lot of them wanting the lead in order to slipstream Lavra Joe when he moves forward I would think.
    Gilga you haven’t done your form.
    Race 2 Sunshine Swift great run last start.
    Race 3 I like Sats Malloo just needs to repeat last run, get carried to sprint lane and should be all over them.

Gilga you haven’t done your form.
    Race 2 Sunshine Swift great run last start.
    Race 3 I like Sats Malloo just needs to repeat last run, get carried to sprint lane and should be all over them.

A rare one up for me though Joan was pretty lucky to keep battling for that third spot.

Still a chance we get a barrier draw that can make the Derby a real one to remember although even if Lavra Joe draws to get an easy lead he has a lot of the crowd on his side that would love to just see a total domination.

freodockers likes this post.

Balmy night at Bunbury with an excellent crowd, a Kiwi Day promotion, very successful.....and some very good racing.

They are getting closer to Lavro Joe although he pulled away in the last 100m and the time was outstanding. Pinny Tiger went out of his skin and nothing wrong with Ronaldo's run either. Is Joe getting to the end of his prep???? Still, I wouldn't be betting against him in the Derby.......he is a stunning looking horse in the flesh.

JayJay said:

Balmy night at Bunbury with an excellent crowd, a Kiwi Day promotion, very successful.....and some very good racing.

They are getting closer to Lavro Joe although he pulled away in the last 100m and the time was outstanding. Pinny Tiger went out of his skin and nothing wrong with Ronaldo's run either. Is Joe getting to the end of his prep???? Still, I wouldn't be betting against him in the Derby.......he is a stunning looking horse in the flesh.
    My guess would be that he might have had a light week and that run will bring him to a peak. 

Still if the Hall horse draws to lead it could set it up for a horse like Ronaldo.

Personal Preference is Joe leads and blows them away, body of work says he deserves it.
    Reckon Lavra Joe needs the paddock, still winning but I don’t think he is at his best.
    It would be a very hard decision one more run ie derby or tip him out and look after him.
  • ashleighmpashleighmp    24 posts
    I spoke with Ray earlier, the horse had a light week in training as the round trip to Gloucester Park last start was 13 hours and he thought the horse could do with a quiet one.

I really do hope Lavra Joe gets his Group 1. He deserves it.

JayJay, freodockers, Cant_Refuse, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Just went to tune in and was wondering what happened to the remaining races at Kellerberrin?
  • ashleighmpashleighmp    24 posts

Just went to tune in and was wondering what happened to the remaining races at Kellerberrin?

Road blocks were being put in place and they had to be out by 5pm apparently. So the last two races were called off

Roadblocks for what ???
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    I think they read the road closure wrong, road closure was from Tammin to Coolgardie not the other direction 
  • maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    Gt Eastern Hwy is closed in both directions from Tammin to Coolgardie. Tammin is west of Kellerberrin
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    maybeso said:

Gt Eastern Hwy is closed in both directions from Tammin to Coolgardie. Tammin is west of Kellerberrin

By the time we packed up and left it was nearly 5 anyway ,hardly a breath of wind perfect conditions to race ,no road closed signs leaving Kellerberrin towards Quairading (An alternate route if Tammin Rd was closed ) but anyway decision was made ,can’t change it once they call it off it’s off 
    Still think it was safe to run the last 2 and don’t think people would have had any trouble getting home Tammin or Quairading way if detour was required 
  • maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    That is what Emergency Services do ... make decisions about how to deal with anticipated emergency events. In this instance they decided to close Gt Eastern Hwy from 5pm due to a cyclone being expected to impact that area. I am sure RWWA had no option but to shut down the trots early to ensure the safety of everyone involved.

savethegame likes this post.

65mm in our gauge this morning, place is awash......and we are 100's of miles away from the path. Trust all out in the wheatbelt are okay......bitter sweet these cyclones, fantastic opening rains so long as you still have a roof.
    Rocknroll whitby was crying out for the 2500m on its run friday. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets up tonight at the 20/1
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Markovina said:

Make that now 8 from 8 

I wouldnt  be surprised if he gave it a short spell  or a freshen up - time was very good - but  i didnt think it was as quite as impressive as other wins  

savethegame likes this post.