G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

AFL 2021

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Wasn’t Nic’s greatest game I am first to admit.
    But the likes of Kelly Gaff Sheed had no run in their legs either. All had just over 20 disposals.
    They were flat as a tack.
    It was a horrible watch. 
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    As I said all teams including Freo struggling to travel.
    From memory think Freo kicked first three goals against Carlton but I stand to be corrected.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    What in hell happened to West Coast

Ihad it on in the car - with Chris Johnson and Nathan Burke doing the special comments - Eagles just kicked a goal - it was 13.3 to 7.6- 

Just got home - from that point StKilda ( of all teams ) kicked 8 goals 6  to a single point - hate to say it - but thats what you call a Capitulation 

RIO likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Match fixing ?????
    Sorry. I have no other explanation.
    Most bookies payout early, once the margin is 32 points.
    Eagles led in the 3rd quarter by 33 points and then the Saints kicked the last 8 goals of the match.
    Jack Darlings dropped mark in the last quarter was because the sun was in his eyes.
    :-B

freodockers likes this post.

Nothing like watching your Masters bet implode with a triple bogey on a Par 5 with your eyes stinging from sleep deprivation. WTF  @-)
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    The old travelling reference is going to stick its head above the trenches whenever a side suffers a loss like yesterday Freodockers. I suppose in reality it has something to do with it . But they only lost in the dying minutes against the bullies the other week. And this couldn't get their hands on the ball yesterday in a game they should have all but closed out after being 5 goals up in the third quarter.i reckon most the interstate clubs that travel nearly every second week are putting that (traveling) at the end of the list nowadays as to why they loose as apposed to how it was viewed years ago. The sainters got on a roll that the Eagles just couldn't answer. I do t know if it's the rule changes that were implemented at the start of the season, but haven't we seen some fair dinckum rippers this season so far. And some fairly poor ones as well. One of them being the train wreck which was the Saints last week. If they had any ticker at all it was always going to manifest in yesterday's game the playing group as a whole would have been embarrassed with their effort from the week before and hoping for a lot more clohesion being put on show yesterday. In saying that it was the Eagles to lose after being that far in front in the third quarter. There will be some questions asked and a bit of soul searching going on at Mineral Resources Park in the coming week
    Simpson in his presser alluded to our midfield not up to scratch. 
    The numbers suggested that. Think he even pointed out Sheed as a potential injury cloud or not well ?
    Even Kelly was average and was not a factor. The turnovers and bad decisions from the likes Waterman Shepard Barrass McGovern were comical.
    Darling dropped mark.
    The list goes on.
    Not sure what to make of it all to be honest. Nic had no spring in his step. Ryan seemed disinterested for 3 qtrs.
    If the saints can turn around their pathetic effort from the week before (with our help) we can do the same this week against the pies.
    How NOT to build the North Melbourne profile ? Give them the early game on a Sunday during school holidays and employ Kellie Underwood and Joey Montagna as commentators with special comments from Jason Dunstall. :-O

Thunderstruck, Manchild, jum likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Oh yes i heard HER commentating another game last week? just from highlights.Not being sexist but she doesn't cut it..should call the ladies playing.Never heard joey but to be fair to him he is probably calling it with earplugs in to drown out her dronelike fuggen voice :D

detonator, freodockers likes this post.

Bucks under pressure after their 1 and 3 start.
    Looked like a man devoid of answers in his press conference.
    Adams is a massive loss for the next few weeks.
    But on the bright side for “chisel face “ Bucks. He would take great delight and pride in the current form of his ex players Treloar and Stephenson in their new clubs.
    Lachie Keefe would have enjoyed  burying his old team last night as well. 
    :D
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Simpson in his presser alluded to our midfield not up to scratch. 

The numbers suggested that. Think he even pointed out Sheed as a potential injury cloud or not well ?
    Even Kelly was average and was not a factor. The turnovers and bad decisions from the likes Waterman Shepard Barrass McGovern were comical.
    Darling dropped mark.
    The list goes on.
    Not sure what to make of it all to be honest. Nic had no spring in his step. Ryan seemed disinterested for 3 qtrs.
    If the saints can turn around their pathetic effort from the week before (with our help) we can do the same this week against the pies.

With no in and under midfielder we were devoid of ball winners. Sheed, Gaff, Kelly and Duggan cant get close to the type of value a Shuey or Yeo bring to our mids. Until we get an in and under playing that wants to contribute, all the best outside runners will be looking ordinary and have most possessions under pressure....like yesterday, and then look slow an create turnovers.

I dont think we have another in and under player - except Redden who is there to annoy the opposition in and under players - so no where near as attacking as Shuey or Yeo. If i was Nic Nat i'd get sick of tapping it to a spot to see your team mates being second to the spot you hit it to.

My prediction - Nic Nat a managed rest. Duggan dropped, Allen to Centre Half Back, Williams and Vardy in for the ruck...Now to see if i get 1 right!!!!!
    Every time Jobe Watson invites Nic Naitanui for comments in the Geelong Melb match he calls him Nic Nat. 
    His name is Nic you dumb f***. God it’s annoying.
    How would you like to be called Jobe Wat ? 
    X(
    Don’t know if anyone noticed but Tim Kelly about 15 min mark last qtr kicked ball and grabbed his hammy, appeared to be struggling to run after that. Nothing been said but wouldn’t be surprised to hear something this week.
    Didn’t notice that but did notice he looked sluggish all day. 
    Maybe he was carrying something prior. Hopefully he is ok and was just cramp.
    Midfield would be very thin considering who else is missing
    I know I am in a minority when it comes to tribunal decisions but surprised that Ben Cunnington got off on appeal.
    I thought he was hard done by when he got cited initially. But when he did cop a week I thought he was gone and no way would he get off.
    I likened it to the Fyfe one where there was no malice in it just a collision.
    The difference was one got concussed and the other didn’t.
    So the result determines the penalty. If Laird didn’t come back on Cunnington would have got a couple of weeks.
    To me they still haven’t got the system correct.

Manchild likes this post.

Det can you tell me what the point of the bump was.
    The player had kicked the ball two steps before and the ball was gone. He ran past the ball and chose to bump for absolutely no reason at all.
    Given the current situation he should have got a week for being so dumb.
    edited April 2021
    To me it wasn’t a bump. I would describe it as more of a block.
    Cunnington turned his body slightly and absorbed contact towards his back in a blocking /impeding motion. You are allowed to bump in this game. The bump is not illegal.
    So Cunnington got pinged because the player went off holding his knee. Then Laird came back on so wasn’t concussed. The tribunal cleared Cunnington because he shouldn’t have got cited in the first place.
    If Cunnington tackled Laird without the ball it was automatically 50m down the field. Certain goal.
    The day the players jump out of the way like ballerinas and are too frightened to touch the other player the game is in trouble.
    And again in the minority, I reckon Hawkins elbow on May wasn’t an accident either. 
    It was well disguised and wasn’t obvious enough to nail him, but he has priors and he was frustrated at the time in losing another contest. His arm action was a bit unusual to my eye.

:-B
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Spot on i have been saying this you years, how can the tallest and although the fattest player in the game only average about 1 mark per game. Gets back to the uneducated West Coast supporters that are brainwashed by The Waste Australian rag and 7 news that pays the poster boy.

The guy is only playing for his spot in the team and the publicity that brings in his money.

Come on Deto bless us with your superior knowledge.
    I reckon they are vulnerable tomorrow night.
    Too many injuries and out of form players.
    Karl Langdon hey. Speaking thru his fantasy football bias.
    He has played that for years and years and it even comes out in his commentary. 
    In his world he only focuses on meaningless stats. Coach’s focus on impact.
    Line every teams No 1 ruckman up against a wall and every coach would pick Nic over the rest.
    All Australian multiple times. Champion data rate him the No 1 impact player in the league even ahead of Dusty.
    Didn’t Brodie Grundy have 51 hit outs to 4 the other day and his team lost ?
    But he probably got 20 kicks and took 10 marks. Not sure If I was a forward I would be licking my lips thinking I would get hit on the tit from Brodie.
    But you guys keep listening to Karl for your football wisdom. Good luck with that. Haha
    =))

freodockers, RIO, spinking likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Was that a new rendition of the eagles song I heard? Must admit I didn't know they changed it.

BTW it's shithouse.

RIO, Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

Take the 4pts tonight.
    Collingwood were brave.
    Grundy carved up Nic in the first qtr. Nic couldn’t run across the ground. No spring at centre bounces.
    He looked as though he was carrying an injury. But he did fight back after the first qtr.
    Oscar showed again he is ready to explode. He does everything.
    Pies should persevere with Darcy up forward. But he is so good in defence.
    When Cole clashed heads in the last minute, the noise/crack was really loud. I feared for Cole because it sounded nasty. Must have a hard head.

#-o

freodockers likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Sorry Det, I have to pull you up here. Nic Nat is the best tap ruckman I’ve seen live. Outside of that, he is on the whole, completely ineffective in most aspects of the game.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It might be that I don't watch enough of the eagles/Natanui, but did he seem like he had a bit of fire in the belly more than usual with respect to some of the attacks on the ball and tackles? He was quite ferocious in the second half especially
    NicNat might be out of form and everyone getting into him but I’m pretty sure every club would take him if they could get him.
    Pies unlucky with Howe and Degoey ruined what might have been a very close game.

Sorry Det, I have to pull you up here. Nic Nat is the best tap ruckman I’ve seen live. Outside of that, he is on the whole, completely ineffective in most aspects of the game.

I will concede that Nics positioning around the ground is not one of his strengths and never has been.
    Last night he was ineffective in that area particularly. 
    I watch Nic more than anyone and currently he is carrying something. 
    His attack on the player with the ball is not there. Can’t cover the ground at the moment. Grundy got away from him way too easy. 
    And he is not getting off the ground at centre bounces.
    At the moment the Eagles are just going. Need to to keep bagging 4 pts when their available and wait for the cavalry to arrive. Ie Shuey Yeo Ryan and Rioli.

spinking, Manchild likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Well I'll beefhooked. A Collingwood supporter calling west coast supporter uneducated. What was that saying about the pot and the kettle

detonator, Manchild likes this post.

Hands up those supporters who Boooooooed Sco Mo last night.
    I am declaring that I was one who boooed. Only because.......we love to boo. Haha 
    :P

RIO likes this post.