G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Tasmanian Cup - and he was allowed to keep the win ??!

Harness & Greyhounds
Have a look at the drivers whip use (and leg) in the straight of Race 7 at Hobart on Saturday night.

If ever there was a race where the driver/horse was disqualified then this it it.

But no, pay tote. Inquiry to be held in a few weeks time. 

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Already covered under another thread but weak decision by the stewards.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Bully has now been relegated to last

JayJay, Markovina likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Decision should have been made on the night......in effect, Mr Murrihy has determined it to be deliberate cheating by the driver. The suspension/fines penalty issued on the night seems very light in view of the horse being relegated to last. I can't see why it wasn't disqualified completely.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Ray Murrihy is a top class steward - and he didnt mince his words either  in that Ritchie Callendar - syndication case - when the horse was sold and the proceeds were distributed to the owners 
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    And all he had to do was sit there and drive like a normal reinsmen.
    Nup I’ll drop my foot and bounce around like a clown. And then I’ll belt the crap out of it.
    What a tool.
    Interesting rule that HRAA 174.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

I worked under Murrihy in my bookmaking days and we had our differences of opinion but when he left WA for greener pastures there was a lot of mutual respect.

Very weak decision by the stewards at the original inquiry.

TrackBias likes this post.

Original protest was dismissed because the protesting drivers alleged interference and excessive whip use Cost them the race. Unfortunately watching the replay from side on they didn’t get close enough to suggest they would have beaten the winner. Therefore what the drivers protested under didn’t warrant overturning the decision.
    At the subsequent inquiry under rule 174 the stewards were able to relegate over the drivers actions over the final couple of hundred mtrs.
    Nothing to do with any interference to other runners in the race.
    Murrihy has suggested that there is no onus of proof on the stewards to decide that the breaking of the rules was sufficient to change the result. Going forward anyone breaking the whip rules could be relegated and this is the only way drivers will abide by the rules. Relegate a few and it will clean up very quickly.

freodockers, curmudgeon, LightningJake likes this post.

Or taking legs at the start, the scenarios are endless.
    Would suggest Rule 174 is going to become very popular now that persons are aware of it.
    It is basically the relegation rule that was brought in early 90s from memory then removed. Unbeknown to most it still exists within the laws.

LightningJake likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Watching Tuesday nights I thought there were a fare few drives that had more than just a wrist action being using over the final stages
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Or taking legs at the start, the scenarios are endless.
    Would suggest Rule 174 is going to become very popular now that persons are aware of it.
    It is basically the relegation rule that was brought in early 90s from memory then removed. Unbeknown to most it still exists within the laws.

When you watch the Euro trots.....the stewards drive inside the track and DQ you immediately if they see you cause interference.....Result...very little interference in the racing =D>
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

And all he had to do was sit there and drive like a normal reinsmen.
    Nup I’ll drop my foot and bounce around like a clown. And then I’ll belt the crap out of it.
    What a tool.
    Interesting rule that HRAA 174.

It actually makes me feel a bit sick to watch it, I agree just drive it normally and it still
    wins.
    https://tasracing.com.au/replays/13032021-harness-hobart?race=7

For anyone who wants to see it

curmudgeon, cisco likes this post.