AFL 2021

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    And don’t worry. Razor Ray copped his too because .....he is Razor. :P

detonator likes this post.

edited April 2021
    There were two 50/50 games in the footy this week in my opinion.
    GWS Syd and Car P.A.
    I went Syd and Carlton. 
    I thought Port were ripe for the picking after last weeks brutal game.
    But I didn’t factor how poor Carton are. There skill level and decision making was sub standard at best. They were hard to watch. Port didn’t play great but they didn’t have to.
    You could tell by David Teague’s presser that he was as flat as I have ever seen him.
    Reckon this is his last year at Carlton. May not even see the season out. Betts and Murphy in their best 18 suggests they have real issues.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Well despite not being able to win away from home, Freo first WA side to win away from home in 21. On top of that they are the first side in the AFL to travel more than 3 hours and win a game.
    Can someone please tell these AFL commentators to get their facts straight.
    Absolute one eyed dicks.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited April 2021
    More than 3Hrs to ADL ?
    Take a DC3 ?
    :))
    Is that the best you can come up with dickers.
    I’ll put it simpler way for you.
    Which team has travelled the farthest (that means the biggest distance) and won.
    Leave it to you ( that’s you).
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Not really a stat I follow, so will concede it without contest.
    Congratulations on knocking off the reigning wooden spooners. Massive scalp :)>-

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

Well despite not being able to win away from home, Freo first WA side to win away from home in 21. On top of that they are the first side in the AFL to travel more than 3 hours and win a game.
    Can someone please tell these AFL commentators to get their facts straight.
    Absolute one eyed dicks.

First W.A side to win away from home ??? Reckon the Wildcats hold that honour. Maybe Perth Glory too.
    But seriously, when you only had 3 goals to halftime I thought for a moment “Ross the Boss” was back coaching you.
    I understand that when premierships are just a dream for you guys you have to enjoy the micro moments during a season. So enjoy.

RIO likes this post.

Hey Det have a look at the title (heading/top of) the thread, think (to have a thought) it says (written) in english AFL 2021.
    Sometimes your intelligence matches Dickers.
    Possibly twins, or joined together at the brain.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

I started this thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me that it is AFL 2021.
    I am going to let you have this moment. I understand it is a special occasion beating ummm.....thats right Adelaide.

I-)

RIO likes this post.

Well done Det, my post was actually aimed at Interstate commentators not WC. Sick and tired of hearing how Freo can’t travel when most Other sides come over here once every season, not every second week and get beaten, but Freo can’t travel.
    It does my head in.
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Travel is irrelevant for individual teams. Its relevant for longevity of careers, nothing more nothing less.
    I agree with the “travelling obsession” of the commentators etc.
    It is hard to win in enemy territory. As teams coming to Optus know all too well.
    That won’t change any time soon I reckon. 
    That is why home finals are a massive advantage.
    If you get lucky with the draw and strike teams at the right time you may win enough away games to finish top four and then your destiny is in your own hands.
    What the Bulldogs did in 2016 probably will never be repeated.

cisco, freodockers likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Skids and Oldhendo not had a lot to say on here of late
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    b-(

RIO likes this post.

Cmon Oldhendo. Not chirping this week ? Do magpies chirp or just make a s*** noise ?

Hey were DeGoey and Howe ringing Cuz in the changerooms to let him know that they had some of the same stuff Thomas and Keefe got done for ? 
    B-)
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself Deto old boy.

cisco likes this post.

Wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself Deto old boy.

Me.....get ahead of myself ??? You must have a different Deto Chariots. Haha.

cisco likes this post.

Buckley playing the concussion card for “phone gate” on AFL 360 tonight.
    And he did it with that “chiseled” straight face. Haha.
    DeGoey was that concussed he didn’t know what he was doing. Although he did manage to locate Howe’s phone as well. Haha.
    Buckley also blamed Covid cuts for not having someone guarding the open phone case as wel. Haha
    It’s called a lock Bucks. Haha.
    Man under pressure. Didn’t help him sitting opposite a coach who’ team is 5 and zip. Haha

=)) =)) =))
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    I see you have missed another appointment with your therapist.

thefalcon, freodockers likes this post.

oldhendo said:

I see you have missed another appointment with your therapist.

I am the therapist Oldhendo.
    Make an appointment and I will fit you in. Haha

8-}
    Looking forward to seeing the pics of the AFLW on the red carpet tonight.
    Bonus no swinging d***s in this award ceremony.....hang on, maybe there is. Ouch !!!
    :D

Manchild likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Dangerfield  might be out for a few weeks

Afl have investigated the "phone gate" at Collingwood.
    Apparently DeGoey only made one phone call....to Jaidyn Stephenson. Haha =))
    The Anzac clash jumpers are a disgrace.
    To allow this to happen is bewildering.
    I feel sorry for the diggers who’s eyesight wouldn’t be 20/20 in their twilight years having to try and work out which team is which. Fair dinkum.
    This is a week after the clash jumpers in Sydney vs GWS which was perfect.
    The AFL are a joke. 
    :-q
    Well third qtr this is the most boring load of shit I have seen for a very long time.
    So much for Harlem Globe Trotters
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Good quarter of footy by Geelong. Our boys looked like they didn’t know what to do. Plenty of passengers and no smarts. One qtr is not season defining but there looks to be so many holes to fill and not enough young talent to fill it.
    One qtr or one game, looks like McGovern out next week and Nic Nat going for a trip.
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Subi would have toweled up west coast today
    Didn’t watch the game but saw the scores from a distance and saw blue and white taking shot after shot at goal
    Eagles too bad to be true. Saw some vision of Nic on the AFL website being pulled apart by Kane Cornes. Nic is nowhere being fit. Criticism will be coming so I am battening down the hatches.
    Going to be a long season for all teams that get injuries and form slumps.
    Melbourne showed they are worthy contenders. Wouldn’t rule Richmond out on the back of one game though. Bullies get the Tigers at the righttime next week although English will be a loss.
    Footys alive and well.
    At least you have been brave enough to put your hand up Det.
    However injuries just like travelling are no excuse.
    I watched the game and to me it was pretty obvious the young players bought in to fill the holes were lost or there were too many of them.
    Chances are these young players coming through are simply not good enough.
    If Eagles can’t turn it around soon I suspect you are in for more than just one long season.
    It is amazing how “good” players turn into ordinary players when the great players that have been feeding them are gone.

oldhendo likes this post.