G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Lavra Joe Vs Jumping Jac

Harness & Greyhounds
After last nights display reckon LJ now has some serious competition.
JJM very very impressive.
JJM run at derby timed to perfection.
Should be a great match race, hopefully they both fair well in the draw.
I’m tipping JJM on last nights run but also reckon LJ bit jaded.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. Nothing against either but would love to see the Derby Trophy head to Greenbushes. But JJM a horse on the rise after last nights display. LJ been up an awful long time but trainer has done a superb job with him.

freodockers likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    100% JJ locally bred also.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    edited April 2021
    Not disputing that Jumping Jack Mac was a great run last night as it was but think it was flattered. IMO if Mighty Ronaldo had clear running he would have finished right along side JJM and we already knew that the top 2 from a derby view point had a bit on Mighty Ronaldo and he had a fair bit on the rest of them. 

To put it in perspective Rakasinc rated over a full second quicker 30 mins later being 3 deep working forward in to that first bend.

If I were a punting man I'd be very happy to have an EW bet on Mighty Ronaldo in the futures market. Ladbrokes offering $11 the win and $3.50 the place.  Can even boost that out to $14 the win if you have a mate that only uses his ladbrokes account for his 10 leg same game football multis 
    ;)

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

Rakasinc in a 3yo race I’d like to see that.
    The other eye catching run was Sugar Street.

Browny123 likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Barrier draws have the prospect to provide a number of permutations in the running in the Derby. It promises to be a genuine Classic in any event.
    Good to see a few pre race statements being made to add to the interest.
    As Borat would say...Verrrry nice.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Good for the sport, lets hope someone from the east comes with a competitive horse

Might help get some interest from over there.
    edited April 2021

Rakasinc in a 3yo race I’d like to see that.
    The other eye catching run was Sugar Street.

Think you misunderstood what I was getting at there, was nearly using him as a comparison.
    Yep Gilga I just get agitated with times particularly at GP.
    I pointed out not too long ago 2yo field at GP went roughly same time as Chicago Bull same night.
    Matching class of horse against times at GP in particular IMO can be misleading at times (for want of a better word).
    Sorry to transgress from thread.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    I hope it unfolds that way a 2 Horse War ala Salinger V Scanio or Handandwheels V Chicago Bull if that were to unfold you won’t require interstaters for Headlines .
    It’ll get the hairs on your back to stand up even our Blue Blood
    Brethren in the Gallops would take note .
    But it is set up for a swooper if the scenario that everyone is predicting were to
    unfold.
    Barrier Draw will be telling .
    A question has Halls horse won in the Breeze against competitive Horses something
    to take note if has to work in the Death.

Yep Gilga I just get agitated with times particularly at GP.
    I pointed out not too long ago 2yo field at GP went roughly same time as Chicago Bull same night.
    Matching class of horse against times at GP in particular IMO can be misleading at times (for want of a better word).
    Sorry to transgress from thread.

I cant believe how many two year olds seem to be running quicker than 1.56 this year, seems every time a check a result its 1.55 something or the other extreme.

Interesting he has drawn nine again, probably similar looking result you would imagine. Hopefully anyhow so he is cherry ripe for the big clash  

VillageKid likes this post.

• maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    Country Derby done and dusted for Lavra Joe. Home in 27.9 and 26.9 for a m/r of 1.56.8. Onwards to the derby.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Barrier draw will obviously be critical but if a war erupts between Joe and Jack, are any of the other contenders (and there are some really nice "others") capable of running them down? It shapes as a race for the ages. Lets hope it happens in front of a crowd (covid wise) and that a great crowd turns out. Off to the dawn service in down town Manjimup.
    Don’t Bother Me None looks very impressive another one to add to the list.

Rocket_Reign, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    edited April 2021
    Should the field selectors read this forum, I'll call out Sugar Street's run at Bunbury -  breezed, home in 55.44 and beaten pixels. Also Lil Happy Fella - checked down the back straight at a pivotal moment, nearly galloped - lost ground and momentum - 3 wide on the corner and still home in 55.11 to Lavra Joe (no mention in the steward report of the check). A fantastic run. 

Both needed the run and will improve significantly. 

I wouldn't say Dont Bother Me None was particularly impressive - sat in the 1-1, didn't do a lick of work until it pulled out,  the favourite galloped and the leader got taken on in a fast lead time.  
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    edited April 2021
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    KTQ said:

Should the field selectors read this forum, I'll call out Sugar Street's run at Bunbury -  breezed, home in 55.44 and beaten pixels. Also Lil Happy Fella - checked down the back straight at a pivotal moment, nearly galloped - lost ground and momentum - 3 wide on the corner and still home in 55.11 to Lavra Joe (no mention in the steward report of the check). A fantastic run. 

Both needed the run and will improve significantly. 

I wouldn't say Dont Bother Me None was particularly impressive - sat in the 1-1, didn't do a lick of work until it pulled out,  the favourite galloped and the leader got taken on in a fast lead time.  

Don’t Bother Me None couldn’t really do anymore than he did today, his last start was exceptional also. Wouldn’t think Sugar Street misses a start but might be pressing for Happy Fella to get in

freodockers, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Lavra joe, Jump Jac Mac, Mighty Rinaldo, Sugar Street top four IMO.
    Not necessarily in that order, been said before but let’s hope for an equal barrier draw.
    Horse with a more than silly long price chance esp over the 2500m IF he gets a run is American Bullitt. Needs a Benesari Lane type of race pattern to be really effective but they happen. He hasn't been far off the main contenders when things have broken his way....good luck to connections.

JayJay likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    So there no crowds at sporting events until Saturday?
  • Jumpingjacmac 4
    Lavra Joe 10
  • MrSmartArseMrSmartArse    17 posts
    Nice bet on Miss Taken tonight Jay Jay
    Well we wanted it and we sort of got it.
    My fear is M Rinaldo crosses Sugar Street and hands up to Jac Mac, LJ stuck on fence, game over.
    Let’s hope LJ gets clear running which will open it up to all possibilities.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I seriously doubt that Lewis will stay on the pegs at the start. More likely to restrain early and get off the pegs and see what unfolds up front before timing a forward move.

An intriguing race.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Lewis No chance of staying on pegs

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

That’s the million dollar question.
    Sit behind the potential leader or restrain and end up in the backend trying to chase 3 very good horses.
    If JacMac decides to sit in the breeze and LJ is at the back it will be a sprint home.
    Very intriguing but I can’t see LJ winning if he ends up in the back half, but then there the decisions that have to be made.
    edited April 2021
    Lewis won't get to the breeze early enough for the leader to let him go and sit on him barring something unforeseen happening I would reckon.
    That means there will be plenty of blurt being applied from the 1000 or even further out by LJ to sort the men from the boys.
    Possibly a late closer ? But which one ?
    I am still going to have a sneaky go on American Bullitt after the draw  
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I reckon Lavra Joe is Lincoln Storm mark 2 - as game as they come - and i hope it wins for its connections 

Ray Jones hes allways had a decent horse over the years 

I read the story 2-3 months  ago and was going to post it - he arranged to go to Kevin Charles farm to buy a horse he had earmarked - but when he got their he preferred Lavra Joe  so he bought it instead 

It would be interesting how many times that has happened - and you come up trumps - and it would also be interesting in reverse which would have happened as well - you go to buy a horse - you change your mind when you view them in the flesh - and the one you were going to buy turns out a topliner 
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Baffling to see a horse like Sound Wave get a start ahead of Don’t Bother Me None, no brainer which one you’d rather in your stable. Couldn’t even argue that Sound Waves form is superior
  • maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    One would imagine the only reason Dont Bother Me None NZ didn't get a start is that it wasn't nominated at acceptance time.

For that matter I think the two emergencies were unlucky not to get a start in front of Sound Wave.

freodockers likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I will have a crack at the speed map but as I have stated many times before not really my forte.

JJM AB  OTIS LJ GUA  PT
    MR  SS SEE ST SW CAR

Dependent on:
    • Might Ronaldo crossing Sugar Street and then wanting to hold lead
    • Jnr may be happy to rate in the breeze thus depriving Lewis of that position early
    • Lavra Joe may settle closer in the one wide  line than expected and be put into the race from the 1200m to 1000m.
    Watch the drivers rip that to shreds.