0 Members & 29 Non Members

Lavra Joe Vs Jumping Jac

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• SchinzigSchinzig    4 posts
    Regards to soundwave ,
    Last 7 starts has 3rd to Otis midweek GP
    4th caduceus G3 qualifier (held up )
    3rd metro open 3yld (held up till 100m )
    5th western gateway G2 qualifier from near rear position
    4th Northam yes was too bad to be true and
    8th Battle of Bunbury 3yl listed qualifier drew outside front caught wide restraining to rear first 600m lavra joe running 1:54 up front .
    Has clearly had excuses last two runs for whatever reason that maybe .
    Has fronted up in all the races that qualify you for this and was more than competitive one would see if you watch replays .
    Those horses suggesting should have got a start did not front up in any of those races but the one city race they did finished down the track for memory . Miss Boudicca only been races in restricted fillies races . Belcatherine missed start in pacing cup for same reason so handicapper got that rite !
    IMO handicapping panel got this field 100% spot on . Yes DBMN prob is the better horse but the point is it didn’t show up when it matter and SOUNDWAVE did proving his worth with the rite luck in running . And yes he can’t win it but good on connections for backing themselves and giving the horse the chance to prove his worth like he did !!
    That’s all thank you xo ????
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    maybeso said:

One would imagine the only reason Dont Bother Me None NZ didn't get a start is that it wasn't nominated at acceptance time.

For that matter I think the two emergencies were unlucky not to get a start in front of Sound Wave.

It was definitely nominated and balloted
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    All depends on if Seeryanfly wants the pegs. If so Lewis will get Joe off easy and be in front of a heap of horses. 

Personal opinion is they would be crazy not to hold on Ronaldo, can only go on what you have seen and I don't think its like Jumpingjackmac will be eye ball for eye ball in the first 50m, the fave seems to take some time to wind up off the arm so you would almost have to restrain to give him the front which in turn I feel would give him the race.

Only way I'd be handing up would be if Lavra Joe was out 3 wide pouring on the pressure.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Think your pretty close Chariots other than JacMac going straight to the front.
    Can’t see LJ settling too close let alone getting off the fence which is going to be a job in itself.
    11 has good speed and will follow the 2 and 12 will also be looking to get on there back.
    Good luck LJ but he really is going to need some early luck.
    Mind you at his best he is probably good enough to sit 3 wide the last 1200 and still win.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Tabtouch prices very conservative on the roughies in my opinion.

• MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    Thank you for your summary Schinzig.
    Your points make it very clear as why Soundwave received a start and DNBM didnt.
    Anyone who did their Due Diligence would have had to come to the same conclusions as yourself.
    If i owned Soundwave i would have been quite dissapointed if he didnt get a start.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    I agree with the policy of not enough local form 100%.
    However it appears 100% full 360 on Oaks field selection Boorraa. Not even a trial in WA and got a start in front of others.
    Maybe selectors have drawn a line in the sand here and said no more, which I think is a good thing as long as they remain consistent.

JayJay likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    It was a stout defense of Sound Waves selection but an equally strong case could be mounted for Be Rock Hard and Miss Boudica.....even Aussie Scooter.....4 wins, much faster winning times (1,56.5 v 2.00.2), higher level (4 v 3),more prizemoney,  held up hopelessly behind JJM last start etc. In the end, it comes down to one persons or persons view. Personally,, I would not have put Sound Wave in the top 14 but that is irrelevant.

Booraa on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish. Without even a trial, that was an astounding call and without justification in my opinion.

Rocket_Reign, VillageKid likes this post.

• ZimmermanZimmerman    80 posts
    Otis was badly checked last Friday at 500m losing lengths and momentum but ran home gamely only half a length from derby fav. A repeat of that effort and some luck could see him in the finish

freodockers, Cant_Refuse, VillageKid likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    edited April 2021
                                                       THE CLASH----

1.  WESTBRED                                                  1.    KIWI
    2.  COLT                                                                  2    GELDING
    3   HANDY TRAINER                                              3    CHAMPION TRAINER
    4  OLD CHAMPION DRIVER                                  4    NEW CHAMPION DRIVER
    5  2500M 3 STARTS 3 WINS                                  5    2500M NO-- STARTS

6. LAVRA ----   VIRTUALLY 14 MONTHS STRAIGHT RACING WINNING FEATURES AT WILL.
    6. JACK.-----   TARGET SPECFIC WHEN SPELLED IN NOV. FOR THE DERBY.

Hope both horses  bring there best. any unfortunate driving errors might open the door for others Think Lavra capable of running four quarters  at 28.4 over  the 2536m even after decent l/time if everything.falls into place with a controlled  breath in the run. Only meeting between the pair previously both didn't have much luck. go the ----WESTBRED                                                                             

• PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    edited April 2021
    They have met on three occasions

Lavra Joe beat Jumpingjackmac 26/3/2021

Lavra Joe was 2nd and Jumpingjackmac was 8th 20/11/2020

Jumpingjackmac winning and Lavra Joe was 3rd 04/12/2020

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    Lavra Joe and Jumpingjackmac have met 3 times. Twice as 2yo's and once at 3. Lavra Joe has finished in front of the other twice, the last time in March when he started outside JJM and won in a m/r of 1.54.4 for the 2130.

The sighter race for me was the Western Gateway pace over 2536m when Lavra Joe smashed the clock with a m/r of 1.54.4, just 0.3 seconds outside the track record. He started from gate 10 that night too. I don't think there is another horse in the field capable of matching that feat.

PackedMetalPanda, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

THE CLASH----

1.  WESTBRED                                                  1.    KIWI
    2.  COLT                                                                  2    GELDING
    3   HANDY TRAINER                                              3    CHAMPION TRAINER
    4  OLD CHAMPION DRIVER                                  4    NEW CHAMPION DRIVER
    5  2500M 3 STARTS 3 WINS                                  5    2500M NO-- STARTS

6. LAVRA ----   VIRTUALLY 14 MONTHS STRAIGHT RACING WINNING FEATURES AT WILL.
    6. JACK.-----   TARGET SPECFIC WHEN SPELLED IN NOV. FOR THE DERBY.

Hope both horses  bring there best. any unfortunate driving errors might open the door for others Think Lavra capable of running four quarters  at 28.4 over  the 2536m even after decent l/time if everything.falls into place with a controlled  breath in the run. Only meeting between the pair previously both didn't have much luck. go the ----WESTBRED                                                                             
        SHOULD HAVE BEEN  ONE MEETING WHERE BOTH DIDN,T HAVE LUCK.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Not disputing that Jumping Jack Mac was a great run last night as it was but think it was flattered. IMO if Mighty Ronaldo had clear running he would have finished right along side JJM and we already knew that the top 2 from a derby view point had a bit on Mighty Ronaldo and he had a fair bit on the rest of them. 

To put it in perspective Rakasinc rated over a full second quicker 30 mins later being 3 deep working forward in to that first bend.

If I were a punting man I'd be very happy to have an EW bet on Mighty Ronaldo in the futures market. Ladbrokes offering $11 the win and $3.50 the place.  Can even boost that out to $14 the win if you have a mate that only uses his ladbrokes account for his 10 leg same game football multis 
    ;)

The important thing about having an opinion is celebrating when you are right.....and quickly moving on when you are wrong