G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Is Bob Peters a Dockers fan?

West Australian Racing
Looks like he's done Hayden Ballantyne a few favours.
+1 -1

Uttsy likes this post.

Comments

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Don’t think we can question Grant and Alana’s ability on recent form but what’s Hayden doing? Nothing untoward implied just saying he could be on the rise with these performances
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Bob would go another level if so.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I think more the case he was given a massive leg up with Mankind and the winner of the last yesterday. Why else would someone as astute as Bob move those horses on when they still had their best in front of them.
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Bob is West Coast fan , he had a corporate box at Subi, but I don't know if he has one at Optus
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,715 posts
    Rodent said:

I think more the case he was given a massive leg up with Mankind and the winner of the last yesterday. Why else would someone as astute as Bob move those horses on when they still had their best in front of them.

Pretty sure he just got them at a sale that anyone could have chimed in didn’t he?

jum likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Here is a quiz for you 

What was Bob Peters 1st good horse - and it is a long long time ago - and you will never guess the trainer 

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Markovina said:

Here is a quiz for you 

What was Bob Peters 1st good horse - and it is a long long time ago - and you will never guess the trainer 

Approx what year are we talking?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i reckon the trainer was ivan haggerty...
    thefalcon said:

i reckon the trainer was ivan haggerty...

No Cigar im afraid - and the time frame was 40 plus years ago 
    he had a host of them until he appears to have settled down with his current team...
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    trainers i can remember Bob had---- first two was Dave Clarke, then Cliff Smith,----Not in order Ross Price John Price. Trevor Andrews Jim Taylor  Greg Harper. etc etc.

power prince paragon of virtue congressman,natsaha 

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

trainers i can remember Bob had---- first two was Dave Clarke, then Cliff Smith,----Not in order Ross Price John Price. Trevor Andrews Jim Taylor  Greg Harper. etc etc.

Paragon Of Virtue - was the one - i thought it was Allan Clarke who was the trainer 
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    40 plus years... jeez how could you begrudge the guy his success after all that time, effort and coin.

oldhendo likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited April 2021
    Very fond memories of Natasha...... And the racehorse  :x

savethegame, jum likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

Rodent said:

Pretty sure he just got them at a sale that anyone could have chimed in didn’t he?
    If that is the case, he has done his homework very well because he has picked up Bob's best. Maybe Grant Williams is a Dockers fan?

savethegame, The_Bull, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• RexRex    397 posts
    Flanders said:

Markovina said:

Here is a quiz for you 

George Way I think was his first trainer.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    I think Frank Dixie was Bobs  1st trainer , He was at Yalbra stud in Gosnells   long long ago 
  • RexRex    397 posts
    Rex said:

Flanders said:

Markovina said:

Here is a quiz for you 

I can recall he had horses with George at the same time as Yossie Golderg.
    i think it would be well before george, rex
  • RexRex    397 posts
    thefalcon said:

i think it would be well before george, rex

Yes, probably right. I know George trained for him at one stage.
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    Bob like everyone else has to move some horses on. Think of it like this, sellers on e-bay, positive feedback (or results as this case may be) from buyers is paramount. You cant just sell the shite ones, you need to move on some good ones as well otherwise there will be no buyers of any kind in the future.

Bob like everyone else has to move some horses on. Think of it like this, sellers on e-bay, positive feedback (or results as this case may be) from buyers is paramount. You cant just sell the shite ones, you need to move on some good ones as well otherwise there will be no buyers of any kind in the future.

Yes but the best of the ones he moves on have been going to H.Ballantyne!
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    Probably does more homework than anyone else

Probably does more homework than anyone else

If it's just homework then the astute purchases should come from multiple sources. So far they all seem to be ex Peters that can gallop. I suspect he may be privy to some inside info.
    ^^ hard to join the crosses though, rodent....
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts

George Way was his 1st trainer followed by Roy Edwards
    Bob has sold many winners at his sale, Old Cobber probably being the best, if he can sell a horse with a few wins to come people will keep coming back to buy the next group

JimmyPop, thefalcon, Manchild, hash likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Markovina said:

Here is a quiz for you 

Reinella  Bill Dillon, he part owned it with Robert Maumill

Manchild likes this post.

Rex said:

Rex said:

Flanders said:

Markovina said:

Here is a quiz for you 

I can recall he had horses with George at the same time as Yossie Golderg.
    well before Yosse, Dave Golding was Georges owner at the time, Bob worked for Dave at Premier Motors. 1st horse was a horse called Cagney by Todman. was no good, so George went to Singapore to try and sell it, he lost the horse playing cards up there,  my late father was the winner, was sold on at a handy profit but it never won a race

Manchild likes this post.

nice to see you pop up again piston_broke. what you do not know about perth racing in years gone by is not worth writing home about. you certainly must have listened to and drove your Dad mad...and picked up a lot along the way.
    i heard a bit from my dad, but nothing like you.
    we are going up to kal. on june 1st mainly to catch up with the Fernies....my cousin has some great big b&w photos.