G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

AFL 2021

Sport

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Dockers need a fit Cocks to combat the Eagles tall forwards or they will giving away a significant height advantage.

To combat they will need to dominate in the midfield and Nic Nat will have to be near hist best to prevent that happening.  The loss of Shuey is starting to tell big time.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Agree Chariots but my question with Eagles is if it only takes 3 outs to expose their depth well what is going on.
    If I had a choice of midfield Freo/Eagles next five years it wouldn’t be Eagles, not to mention backline.
    Might not be this week but the wagons are circling.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Heard Jack Darling on the radio tonight - said the obvious they reviewed game today - blah blah blah - no credit given to Geel - said the Eagles best is best in comp - i think that is debatable - he did say their worst is the worst in the comp though - fair enough 

However he did say he was talking to one of their strength/cond guys - who said Hurn JK and Petro are all certainties this week - so they are 3 good ins 

Eagles have won the last 10 derby games - i knew they had a good record 

Giving this game more thought - i think it would be fair to say ( given their vast difference between home and away form ) the Eagles - are front runners and down hill skiers - and i reckon their StK Loss was worse than the Geel one - because the Saints are a Rabble 

Thus if there is a big crowd allowed in - cheering on their boys - then i think the Eagles will win nicely - however if its like Freo v N Melb - no crowd allowed - so the Eagles havent got that cheering behind them - then i reckon Fremantle will roll them 
    Oscar Allen is a bit of enigma for me. Early on I thought he was over rated but he proved me wrong to the point that Jonathon Brown pre game on Saturday stated that he could become the best player in the AFL.

Oscar responded with only 8 possessions but he had plenty of mates. Tipping him to bounce back in the Derby.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I liked the way we down hill skied straight past Port Adelaide a few weeks ago. 70% near that performance and we get past Freo.
    Mt Buller here we come. Haha 
    :-h
    It was at home though Deto and I think that is the point Marko was making.
    Should have beaten Bulldogs at Marvel. Cripps kicks the goal from 10m out and we are 3 goals in front in the last qtr.
    Had Saints on toast at Marvel.

Should Port bemoan they couldn’t beat the down hill skiers at Optus ?
    After all they are the premiership favourites.

But looking forward to watching my boys live this week. Always a bit of sting in these games.
    I do miss watching the excitement machines though. Ryan, Rioli, Shuey and a fit Naitanui.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    detonator said:

Is Mark McGoo and the government going to compensate Freo for the lockdown/lost revenue.

We have had two lockdowns now and you can count the total infected people in the community on one hand.
    The guy is a paranoid nazi. After all he keeps his job and gets paid for standing in front of the microphone but the poor restauranters and people in hospitality are screwed over.
    Not good enough McGoo.
    But he did thank the W.A people for doing the part and controlling the “outbreak”. Outbreak ????
    Isn’t that where you at least have more than 3 people surely. Emotive word “outbreak”. But use it in its right context rather than scaremongering and trying to justify your microphone time.
    350 close contacts with 225 tested. All negative. Even the guys family were negative. 

:-q
    One thing we totally agree on.

detonator likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Commiserations to you Skids and Oldhendo. Bucks wants to continue to coach the pies.
    Unlucky fellas. More years of coming up empty. Oh well.
    \:D/
    edited April 2021
    Watching the news tonight, I noticed Shannon Hurn looked as slim as I have ever seen him.
    Not sure it was my eyes deceiving me but it will be interesting to see how he gets across the ground this weekend.

:-B
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    detonator said:

Watching the news tonight, I noticed Shannon Hurn looked as slim as I have ever seen him.

Not sure it was my eyes deceiving me but it will be interesting to see how he gets across the ground this weekend.

:-B
    On a lighter note Det

Jack Darling did say - that since Shannon Hurn has stepped down as captain - that his jokes had improved - theve got better - ha 
    Wouldn`t associate Shannon Hurn as a joke teller but never judge a book by its cover I suppose.
    Some would say that since he has stepped down as captain the Eagles have become a joke.
    I`m not one of those though. 

:x
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Once again you are in the minority.

8-}
    ^^^Just the way I like it.  :D
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Why is there no Thursday night game again? Lift AFL
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    None until round 13 at least that is as far as the schedule goes at the moment.

I did read somewhere that the VFL games are on Fox until then.
    detonator said:

No Dusty no Richmond ?

Dennis Commetti on Seven tonight said “ no Dusty no Tigers”
    He obviously reads my posts. 
    =))
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Dennis in his retirement must be as bored as me.

=)) =)) =))

detonator likes this post.

What is with this clown Koch and his pea brain followers?

Port joined the AFL as Port Power, wearing a predominantly Teal jumper.
    This jumper has slowly evolved into a mostly black and white version and now they want to wear a black & white jumper? They've marketed and sold 1000's of Black & white jumpers, complete with magpie logos and produced 1000's of scarves the same... this is in total breach of the contract they signed when entering the competition.

They talk about 'heritage'... why not wear one of the 5 jumper designs they wore, for 32 years, prior to black and white that the SANFL side Port Adelaide magpies still wear?

Their 'history' started as the 'Cockle Divers', they wore a blue and white hooped jumper, then a Dark blue & white jumper, then a pink jumper, then a pink and teal jumper, then a different version of the pink and white... before, in 1902, their black and white 'jetty' (where does this prison bar garbage come from?) jumper was worn.

Koch, the breakfast show babbling booby is an embarrassment to the game. Geez, people used to complain about Ed, this halfwit makes Ed look like a genius.
    edited April 2021
    Can`t see what the big deal is with the jumpers in terms of what they look like.
    If Port play Collingwood in Melbourne then Port being the away team wear the predominantly Teal to prevent a clash.
    If Collingwood play Port in Adelaide then Collingwood wear a jumper that doesn`t clash.
    Richmond in their 2017 win wore yellow with a black sash and white shorts. There was some pushback on that until they won and the jumper sales went through the roof.

Jumper clashes should be the overriding factor in determining what the teams wear.
    The Anzac clash was a disgrace along with the Hawks Crows clash in Tassie.
    The Eagles Geelong game was played with common sense. Geelong wore the traditional "away" white shorts and Eagles wore blue to make more of a distinction visually between the two clubs.

The AFL should show some balls and make the call.
    Eddie is gone now so they no longer have to suck up to him.
    And Collingwood`s power broking within the AFL is diminishing with every negative story on how they`re going.
    Being a wiggles fan, of course you wouldn't understand what the big deal is with jumper designs. Your canary yellow and baby blue are the most putrid colours in the world. Not to mention you've had more jumper designs than a good sammys bin.

The Black and White stripes and the Magpie have been symbolic with the greatest club in the world since 1892... and Port Power want to wear it?!?!
    This has nothing to do with Ed, this is about what is right. Port Power are an AFL club, Port Adelaide Magpies are an SANFL club. Power have as much right to the black and white jumper and magpie as what Pakistan has to the stars and stripes of the USA... none!

oldhendo likes this post.

Has Eddie written to the Newcastle United Magpies or Juventus to complain that they wear the Black and White Strips too. Haha
    I don`t seem to mind the Eagles colours, particularly in 2018 on GF day.
    Your stripes didn`t help you that day.
    Reckon that is where your club is going backwards cause your focussing on the small issues.
    Maybe if you concentrated on retaining players rather than gifting them to other contending teams (and paying half their wage) you may not sweat the small stuff. Haha

=))
    A typical 'nothing post'

Koch is the one moaning.
    The other teams (soccer) you mention, have what to do with the AFL?

'Half their wage' please, another ignorant utterance.

Eds gone, if you hadn't heard.
    SKIDS said:

A typical 'nothing post'

Koch is the one moaning.
    The other teams (soccer) you mention, have what to do with the AFL?

'Half their wage' please, another ignorant utterance.

Eds gone, if you hadn't heard.

Haha. Touched a nerve obviously.
    If I was scoring this one it would be game set match to me.
    Didn’t realise you were Kochie’s spokesperson on PTT.
    Cold Pies !!!! Haha.
    ;)
    No Dusty no problem.
    Richmonds work rate when they don’t have the ball separates them from the other teams.
    You can almost see them taking more delight in that part of the game than setting up goals.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Thought Kalgoorlie lad Ben Miller might have got the call-up ,just shows the strength of the tigers,gladly give him a crack at the eagles.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    think Buckley will be enjoying retirement before the end of the footy season....He looks more out of ideas than the players!!!
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    detonator said:

No Dusty no problem.

Richmonds work rate when they don’t have the ball separates them from the other teams.
    You can almost see them taking more delight in that part of the game than setting up goals.

Martin, Lambert, Prestia, Vlaustin - just to name four
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    RIO said:

think Buckley will be enjoying retirement before the end of the footy season....He looks more out of ideas than the players!!!

Same thought just occurred
    Reckon Peter Moore, Peter Daicos and Gavin Brown would be scratching their heads thinking is this what we visualised our boys being part of ?
    Reckon the other Daicos boy maybe thinking North Melbourne looks a better option come draft day.
    Ouch..... 
    @-)