In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members

Is Bob Peters a Dockers fan?

West Australian Racing

Comments

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    thefalcon said:

nice to see you pop up again piston_broke. what you do not know about perth racing in years gone by is not worth writing home about. you certainly must have listened to and drove your Dad mad...and picked up a lot along the way.

i heard a bit from my dad, but nothing like you.
    we are going up to kal. on june 1st mainly to catch up with the Fernies....my cousin has some great big b&w photos.
    see if they can find Bobs cheque for the Perth Cup ;)
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i don't think Bob liked cheques but i heard a certain person needed a shoe box to carry home the sling..... [-X.....that was each time..... $-)
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Gee hasn't that mobs percentage improved since Tyson Kermond left his knowledge .
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Markovina said:

trainers i can remember Bob had---- first two was Dave Clarke, then Cliff Smith,----Not in order Ross Price John Price. Trevor Andrews Jim Taylor  Greg Harper. etc etc.

power prince paragon of virtue congressman,natsaha 
    Paragon Of Virtue - was the one - i thought it was Allan Clarke who was the trainer 
    Pretty sure it was Don Clarke, related to Ron Franklin

Markovina likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Ross Price I thought trained POV
    thefalcon said:

i don't think Bob liked cheques but i heard a certain person needed a shoe box to carry home the sling..... [-X.....that was each time..... $-)

ha ha not what he use to say, Young Filipinos Railway 2 days earlier was big, it paid for his 3 blocks in Ascot, as I said the cheque is still in the mail, shoebox must have been full of pennies
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Don Clarke & Ron are step brothers
    are the blocks still in the family, P_B? who rode young filipino?
    spinking said:

Ross had POV after Don Clarke .Cliff Smith took over from Don Clarke.

spinking said:

Ross had POV after Don Clarke .Cliff Smith took over from Don Clarke. Do remember around some time Ross Price trained congressman that JJ Miller rode in kalg cup may have ran second thinking JJ had a fall earlier in the day and had a very sore shoulder in cup.Then next year Congressman ran 2nd in Caulfield Cup George Hanlon was Bob Peter's Melb trainer then

spinking likes this post.

thefalcon said:

are the blocks still in the family, P_B? who rode young filipino?

blocks still there cnr of Mathieson Rd and Leake str

Young Filipino won the Railway and Fairetha won the Cup
    following year Young Filipino ran 2nd in the Railway and Fairetha won the Cup again

spinking said:

Ross had POV after Don Clarke .Cliff Smith took over from Don Clarke. Do remember around some time Ross Price trained congressman that JJ Miller rode in kalg cup may have ran second thinking JJ had a fall earlier in the day and had a very sore shoulder in cup.Then next year Congressman ran 2nd in Caulfield Cup George Hanlon was Bob Peter's Melb trainer then

Colin Hayes and Bart all had a turn training for Bob
    love to have heard what Bart had to say at certain times of their association... ;))
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    He is now 2.5 million richer after selling Celebrity Queen to Coolmore.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Wow wonder what Arcadia Queen would have fetched then?  Can only think Sandra put her foot down for that not to go ahead. Bob admitted he has plenty with those same blood lines and thought it made sense to sell...... But how could you?  
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    It's a business and he's a businessman

Manchild, thefalcon, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Used Cars.. Used Horses
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Meant to put a question mark there. It was meant as an aside following the business comment and not meant as a negative.
    thefalcon said:

love to have heard what Bart had to say at certain times of their association... ;))

Old Spice was the Bart had