G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    A fair whack of it quite possibly left the state in the back pockets of M Purdon x 2 & D Aiken x 1

cisco, Markovina likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Yes its sad what happened to Richmond Raceway - many fond memories - the betting ring had a real buzz to it i thought 

Dont know how many entrance points there were - but i used to enter - about 50 metres further back from the corner of the home straight - and it was a lovely walk down towards the grandstand - with the birdcage - and all that lovely grassed area - and stabling area to the right . Right at that top of that grassed area - there was a guy with a freezer selling ice creams in the warmer months 

The dissappointing thing is and its just not RR - but anything with character from the past - well today it is just one thing - and we all know what that is 

Different topic - but same result - but when i was in Sydney - there was this beautiful old  building on 3-4 levels - full of antique dealers/- they  all had about 7-8 pieces - like say a bookcase or desk or lithograph - bit of Royal Doulton perhaps - and it was one of lifes pleasures to go their

Have a guess what it is today - blooody units - anything which had character - is now either houses or units

cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

• PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    If G.P was sold what do you think would happen ?
    You can’t have it both ways complaining of track dimensions and racing style .
    Meanwhile appreciating History , Chatacter & Location .
    HAROLD PARK V MENANGLE no contest ! on which one most people would prefer.
    Most Harness Racing Juristictions committed a crime to the sport in there short sighted
    desicions .
    in some instances in Sport it can’t always be about money because if that was
    the case a handful of Olympic Gold Medals for the Australian Swimming Programme is a
    Bad return on Investment nothing against the Olympic Swimming Organisation.

VillageKid likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Nine in a row for Dibaba.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts

Only any good over a mile was the PTT mail.
  • maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    Ya gotta laugh. The "PACING WA SUPPORTS WA BRED MS PACE" has 8 starters, 6 of which have NZ as a suffix.

freodockers likes this post.

Its going for 10 in a row - which is a blooody good effort Thursday night at Penrith- Race 3

NR up to 60 - ideally drawn - gate 2 - over 1700 

If you can believe those early estimated prices on HRA - its $3 second fave behind an ex Kiwi of McCarthys

However Lukes horse - 2 wins in OZ - its beaten nothing and its run slow time 

I think Dibaba might start $1.50 and lead and win 

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=48056

Might be needing a new trainer
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Some interesting research done on the drug detected

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=48056

Might be needing a new trainer

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    An ill wind for some is a refreshing sea breeze for others...champagne moments for Rocket in January!!
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Integrity dept have been busy in that state last month! 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    JayJay said:

An ill wind for some is a refreshing sea breeze for others...champagne moments for Rocket in January!!

Birthday gift for the prince haha

JayJay likes this post.

Hard to miss the run of PTT’s own trained Just Barney last start. Soft run along the pegs today, bit of daylight late will have to be playing a big part in the finish of R6 at around the double figure mark.
    Some great work from all involved in getting Mollidor off the track at Bunbury last night after it unfortunately fell with a lap to go. They had less than a minute to unhook the cart, untangle the gear and stand her up to clear the track. Trust she is okay but Bailey's cart copped a hammering once again. Aiden DeCampo's hurdling skills need brushing up.....can smile about it now but some anxious moments before a brilliant outcome. 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Well done Jeremy, a Merredin Cup into the cabinet.
    Plenty of single file racing coming up this Friday night unfortunately
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

Lavra needs to go east
    Today/Tonight is what you call harness racing paradise

Meetings at Shepparton Newcastle Redcliffe GP Mildura Wagga Hobart Dubbo and Bunbury 

9 Meetings that would have to be a record - just putting my bets on everywhere 

freodockers likes this post.

Go Barney, Jeremy and Em!!! Great value.
    NZ winner at Winton on the weekend is well named....by American Ideal out of the Bettors Delight mare Gabrielle Marie. "Tommy Waterhouse". Applicants to do his box each morning need only apply if they own a large shovel and a big wheelbarrow.
    R5 tonight Woodlea Ragnar is a ridiculous price @$31, gets any luck and it will be right in the finish.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Burning Rubber but the same.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

R5 tonight Woodlea Ragnar is a ridiculous price @$31, gets any luck and it will be right in the finish.

I agreed particularly for the place @ $6.50 but had every chance and was disappointing.

Gilgamesh said:

I agreed particularly for the place @ $6.50 but had every chance and was disappointing.
    Definitely, firmed in the market but ultimately probably ran like a 30/1 pop. Disappointingly I only came to backing him when looking back through Tuas Delight's last few runs and never ended up backing him!
    I see Bert Newton because of diabetes had to have his lower leg amputated - hope all goes well for him 

But back in the day Bert was a bit of a harness racing fan- at one stage he had a couple of horses with Ron " Tubby " Peace - when Peace had topliners like Nicotine Prince .
    Bloke in Sydney got 19 years for EPO 

Like ive said before - they dont muck around in NSW when handing out the penalties 
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Andrews team was firing in Sydney in the 90s...
    I think ol mate Mr Profit labelled Malcolm Locke "the 3rd best trainer in the world" some time back......around the time he was in charge of David Aiken's NSW stable and trotted out the defense of piddling in the horse stall as the reason the horse went positive (and got time for it) or maybe when he claimed an ordinary Tassie horse Gotta Go something, which started whizzing around Menangle in 1.51 and change......can't remember exactly but won't be subscribing to good old Pete's page to find out. Yep, they are good trainers some of those NSW operators, very good trainers indeed.
    I think 18 years 9 months plus $12,200 swab recovery expenses plus loss of stakes from 4 races, one of which the horse won, is a none to subtle way of saying don't slam the door on the way out.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid, Cant_Refuse, Betonme likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Maybe we should put them in the Hall of Fame like we do in WA.

savethegame, KTQ likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Marko Stewards in Syd love there penalties brilliant. But you need to tell them what Hocking is have look race 7 Tamworth to day unless Tom Ison foot went to sleep & he lost control of its use.--- Ha ha