G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members
R1- PLAYING RED was a good run first up in a fairly strong class one. Arguably finds a weaker race coming into a Westspeed 58+ having finished alongside Mercanto at her last start. Was finishing off well at that run but peaked late and so should be better for the run. From the gate she may find herself a little closer and gets good weight relief coming into a higher grade of race.

R2- ROMMEL’S COMMAND showed some real fight for 2yo taking on the older horses last start. He only won a maiden but was headed and fought back in what has appeared the worse part of the Northam track. His first up run against his own age group was good when breezing before looking to find 1100 too sharp. Sticks to the 1400m trip here and should again lead, roll and fight. Those are good qualities for 2yo racing.

R3- SON SON was scratched from what looked a winnable race Wednesday to take on the older horses. Gets a little bit of weight relief coming up to 60+ grade but more importantly he gets a senior jockey as he can take a bit of riding to get into gear. Looks really well suited finally getting to 1400 in a race he looks capable of controlling from the front despite the wide gate. From there he will make himself hard to get past.

R4- Best Bet: THAT’S FUNNY AZ was looking for five on the bounce last start in the Diggers Cup. That race produced Cockney Crew and the first four in the Eurythmic (beating all runners from alternate races). He on the other hand comes back into a 74+ and is reunited with Madi Derrick who won twice on him previously. Should find the breeze easy, loves racing off three week gaps and the faster they go the harder he is to catch.

R5- GRACEFUL GIRL is yet to miss the placings from four starts and looks like winning good races in the future. Was beaten at her first two when unable to overcome two heavily leader biased tracks but was flying late. But the two wins at the end her campaign were good when showing a super turn of foot and going from in trouble to soft winner in a matter of strides. Did similar in a recent trial and although she’ll get back here too she has some X-factor.

R6- ACROMANTULA gets some real benefit from the early scratching of We’ve Got Dreams. Don’t think he cops the same pressure from THIS’LL TESTYA who may be content to breeze outside him and that suits. Has looked very push button at both runs this campaign, he jumps, relaxes nicely and has a real turn of foot once asked to go. Looks very well placed against the older horses in 66+ grade with 56.5kg.

R7- COME RIGHT BACK is foolproof. Was bolting with nowhere to go in a similar race last start but as soon as he got some clear air he charged through to win decisively. That was only his third run of the campaign after two mile runs and so he should only improve coming into this. Draws to do little work but if no one wants to lead he can take it up himself. Looks a progressive stayer who can continue going through the grades into the Belmont season.

R8- DANCE MUSIC is a super race mare and can give this a shake first up. Won a couple of fillies and mares features at the end of last campaign but before that ran third to Kementari and Celebrity Queen in a group three. That is as good a form as any of her rivals and her recent trial was excellent. Flies fresh and looks like being able to take advantage of her middle draw and be in the first four in running. From there they have to catch her.

R9- NERODIO looks a stakes grade horse who’s been unlucky to bump into Miss Conteki twice this campaign. Both runs have been super on the clock this prep and he was pulling ground of her late last start. Sticks to 72+ grade but there are no Miss Contekis and after Ramoly’s claim he continues to be well weighted. Should find some cover midfield and his turn of foot can take care of matters from there.
+1 -1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Comments

• SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    edited May 2021
    Ascot Black Bookers:

Playing Red, Pink n Grey, Buzzoom, Son Son, Sowar, Billy Ray, Not To Be Mist, War God, Bruce Almighty, Divine Pair, Panzdown, Secret Pearl, Come Right Back, Cup Night, Flirtini, Nerodio, Moschard, Jericho Missile.

Good Punting :-c
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    Flirtini - blinkers on first time, enough said, get on
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    jeez seagull, you are going to be busy.... ;)

Manchild, carey likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Can someone tell me what she was doing on TFA took off before the corner y just had to hold till home turn and home opens the door as u guessed it up get  pike shake my head with some of these rides in perth not happy.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I thought Free Trade was value at the $91and could run a good race.

With scratchings it came into 61 and now I see it's $34. Might be worth a place bet
    i'm going to keep my beady eyes on Uni Time in the roma... :-B

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Give me a spell number 10 in last perth racing it goes good lol.
    Never won first up never won at distance  i can think of some good names to  rename some of these races lol.
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    Highland beat stopped like a pricked balloon in the last 100, not fit enough, never are with that stable
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts

Give me a spell number 10 in last perth racing it goes good lol.

1st up last prep ran 5th to Elite Street in an unsuitable 1000m with 55.5kg. In the same grade today it dropped to 54.5kg, over a more suitable trip coming off a dominant trial win (runner up won at Ascot midweek). S.O'Donnell replaced C.Staples. It was over the odds for sure. Prep before, 1st up beaten 2.3L by Laverrod having no luck. As a 3yo it was a certainty beaten 1st up as well in Saturday class.
     The horse goes well 1st up and you'd know that if you looked at the runs rather than relying on "never won 1st up".

Manchild, Gilgamesh likes this post.

PNG
    PNG
    son.PNG

Notapuntas, Whatisthepoint, jum, Gilgamesh likes this post.

No i just been in game long enough to know that horses way outside market  first up 1200m is a low percentage play dont care how good trial was its not a race fitness run.As i was on the 2nd horse i back that  every time and get the result more times then not.the ride was average.Just  i have noticed i dont know what it is about wa racing but results happen like that to much to be random for mine it seems to be just the place in my view.
    Good for you mate happy for you but like i said before i could not have it and if i was a bookmaker i be happy to lay that horse everyday of week.In long run i be way infront.But well done to u i was on 2nd horse it had no luck in run thats racing.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    The stewards reports in WA are a joke.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    @rodent well done mate however was that your only bet on the race or was it a lay off on the quaddie? If so like I said, well done too good, because I couldn't have it in this company first up given the likes of its opposition and let's be frank, the first up record is ok but does scream back me. What you said makes some sense of course, but to back it with that confidence and it be your only bet is too good.

Yes I was on the second horse for a nice chunk of the quaddie too
    i got my mystery tri up in the last...nearly 500 drops in.....probably break even as i take them every week...anyway, thanks son, shaun .

H-BOMBER, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    H - it was probably his first bet one of dozens of different accounts from the rodent family
    It was my only bet outside of Betfair. I backed a few on Betfair including the winner. I won on the race on Betfair and the fixed odds collect was a bonus.

H-BOMBER, thefalcon, Whatisthepoint likes this post.

Well found rodent.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Just saw footage on Facebook from P.Carbery view of the Roma cup from barrier to finish . Good watch

tony, bigorangecat, detonator, jum likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Saturday night football next two weeks at Optus. 
    Get to Belmont boys and make it double headers.
    \:D/
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Hows Belmont looking,anymore alterations,and is it still that marathon walk in.?
    I was told at the races Saturday Glamour that due to the amount of horses fast working on it that it was not in that flash a condition itself. Only what i was told cant say if its right or wrong
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    spinking said:

I was told at the races Saturday Glamour that due to the amount of horses fast working on it that it was not in that flash a condition itself. Only what i was told cant say if its right or wrong

Surely they should only be working on the inside (trial) track
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    I hope not,as what happens when we get the first of the heavy rain,and its not in good order, fingers crossed all os ok.

JimmyPop likes this post.

Just drove past it looks very green to me.Also looks like they have built a new area at the back of the stand overlooking the stabling area
    i wonder what that "area" would be, spink....any ideas?
    Presumption only Falc. But I an thinking a observation type deck to check out the horses parading around the the stabeling area. Like the area at Ascot were they parade out the back before coming down into the mounting yard. Hopefully their is a bar and some facilities up there. All will be revealed come Saturday

thefalcon likes this post.