Comments

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    edited May 2021
    This forum sucks on mobile
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    edited May 2021
    Blah
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Dont be stupid. If we had any doubt at all about him galloping, do you think we would have raced him? Id much prefer him in the Pearl heats we paid up for next week than home in the stable.

Are you going to point out every single multi galloper from now on? How about the horse that caused the 2 false starts in the same race that has galloped in 4 of its trials/races? It could have taken the entire field out

This site effing sucks on mobile
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    KTQ said:

Always liked stands better myself.

Cant_Refuse, VillageKid likes this post.

Markovina said:

Notice the passing of  A.D. tony TURNBULL he was the first driver to land 2,000 winners in australia first to win inters in consective years--first to win inters& miracle mile in same year.  never forget the ''bathurst bulldog'' hondo gratten winning inters in perth after most of the field was tko'd early.

Old  A D is gone hey 

Not just saying this in recognition of him - but  as great a horse as Paleface Adios was - and it was an incredible horse - and who will ever forget its farewell race - the Cranbourne Cup - which it was victorious - and the crowd on a Monday - it was huge for its swansong - truly unforgettable scenes 

However as great as Paleface was - Hondo had its measure - and who will ever forget that Miracle Mile where the Bathurst Bulldog  sat outside Paleface  and nailed it right on the line 

The other thing i noticed over the years - reading bits and pieces - Darren Hancock was one - that Tony was a hard person a real hard man 

But rest in peace   A D 

Marko favorite time in harness use to collect the glossy photos outta of all the harness &racing  publications it was nothing to go to the paper shop and pickup 5or6 magazines every month.for the old man remember few put on my wall. Rocket Glenfern, Alecane ''The ugly duckling'' Manaroa. Thought  later years some great horses were crucified destined never to win the inters because of Handicaps and others would have won multiple inters if they didn't have to start  from 24yards.

Markovina likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts

Markovina said:

Notice the passing of  A.D. tony TURNBULL he was the first driver to land 2,000 winners in australia first to win inters in consective years--first to win inters& miracle mile in same year.  never forget the ''bathurst bulldog'' hondo gratten winning inters in perth after most of the field was tko'd early.

Old  A D is gone hey 

Not just saying this in recognition of him - but  as great a horse as Paleface Adios was - and it was an incredible horse - and who will ever forget its farewell race - the Cranbourne Cup - which it was victorious - and the crowd on a Monday - it was huge for its swansong - truly unforgettable scenes 

However as great as Paleface was - Hondo had its measure - and who will ever forget that Miracle Mile where the Bathurst Bulldog  sat outside Paleface  and nailed it right on the line 

The other thing i noticed over the years - reading bits and pieces - Darren Hancock was one - that Tony was a hard person a real hard man 

But rest in peace   A D 

Marko favorite time in harness use to collect the glossy photos outta of all the harness &racing  publications it was nothing to go to the paper shop and pickup 5or6 magazines every month.for the old man remember few put on my wall. Rocket Glenfern, Alecane ''The ugly duckling'' Manaroa. Thought  later years some great horses were crucified destined never to win the inters because of Handicaps and others would have won multiple inters if they didn't have to start  from 24yards.
    Long time ago Game Saver- re publications - but Friday lunchtime i use to duck into GP and buy both the NSW Trotguide  and Vic Harness Racing  Weekly - this was pre internet - but both were great publications - all the form plus great articles/stories . Couldnt wait to get of both of them - take Friday afternoon off - and the world  could just drift on by for all i cared - because i had 2 great reads which filled in the afternoon beautifully 

savethegame, JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

KTQ said:

Always liked stands better myself.
    No - i preferred the old walk up starts of years back- wet night - Mobile had lost traction - thus theyd have walk up starts 

Only saying this in jest - they were diabolical - no phone betting back then to lay off - Tab agents also shut - 

Idont think i ever got a collect from a walk up start 

savethegame, Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Kellie Kersley did, was only ever in one walk up start at Northam and she cheated and won accordingly.

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    KTQ said:

Dont be stupid. If we had any doubt at all about him galloping, do you think we would have raced him? Id much prefer him in the Pearl heats we paid up for next week than home in the stable.

Are you going to point out every single multi galloper from now on? How about the horse that caused the 2 false starts in the same race that has galloped in 4 of its trials/races? It could have taken the entire field out

If the stewards make a mistake then yes I will mention them.  The horse you are talking about galloped at the start and has duelly made ODM so not really apples for apples. but can appreciate you trying.
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts
    KTQ said:

yes but that horse went back to trials and did everything right to earn the chance to race again, your horse didn't and then comes out and gallops checking a number of runners, this exact situation should never of occurred in the first place as your horse should of been made to actually complete a satisfactory trial,doing everything right

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Nothing worse than horses that jump marks on track. You drive with your heart in your mouth.
    Worse they usually only do it under pressure and have very good memories.
    Get a big shadow roll KTQ and pull his head up so he’s looking at the stars.
    Good luck with him.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Gee I havent seen in a while one finish as quick as Beach Start did in Race 2 at GP tonight!  :-O

Chariotsonfire, Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Nothing like that since the “Japanese steam train”
    Hurricane Rufus.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Or Justaboyden in the Pacing Cup when Fred Kersley had to hang on coming around the home turn.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

Euston Flyer 17 fixed a place way overs.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts

Or Justaboyden in the Pacing Cup when Fred Kersley had to hang on coming around the home turn.

It was leaving the back straight that worried me Chariots, he nearly spun out. Left hand down Chooky, left hand down...hard......unbelievable sight.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Emily gets more grit out of leaders & breeze horses in tight finishes than anyone. I reckon more than one or two male drivers get the wobbles when they see her sitting like a church mouse and her drive kick kick kicking.  

cisco, VillageKid, maybeso likes this post.

Emily gets more grit out of leaders & breeze horses in tight finishes than anyone. I reckon more than one or two male drivers get the wobbles when they see her sitting like a church mouse and her drive kick kick kicking.  

I agree with that

One of the strongest drivers ( non whip ) ive  ever seen is Allan Donohoe - was once the premier driver in Qld - went to Vic and got into all sorts of strife - but he is back in Qld - poking around with a couple of horses

And in the last race last night at Redcliffe - and on a roughy  - his drive in the home straight ( when headed ) was vintage Allan Donohue - it was strongly and vigorously and fairly driven to line - and he only hit that horse once with the stick 

Thats why i was critical at times of that Mathew White when he was in WA - you cant just sit their and tap them - you can be strong and vigorous without being cruel to the horse
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

Nothing worse than horses that jump marks on track. You drive with your heart in your mouth.
    Worse they usually only do it under pressure and have very good memories.
    Get a big shadow roll KTQ and pull his head up so he’s looking at the stars.
    Good luck with him.

big RED shadowroll on him at trials tonight and went smooth as silk.

Would have been VERY fun to watch in the Pearl :( Always the way

freodockers, JayJay likes this post.

Marko Stewards in Syd love there penalties brilliant. But you need to tell them what Hocking is have look race 7 Tamworth to day unless Tom Ison foot went to sleep & he lost control of its use.--- Ha ha

He got 6 weeks and a $1000 fine - 15 times he used his leg to make contact with the horses leg 

Just my opinion - but that is a horrendous and disgraceful light penalty - should be more like 6-12 months - and do it again and you get life disqualification

The big worry is - if you have these ratbags who are brazen and stupid enough to do it in actual races then it is almost  certain it would be done on training tracks - look at some of those high profile gallops trainers - and what they did to their horses on the training track 

freodockers, JayJay, savethegame likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Lost race as well, horse disqualified and they lose the $3k stake but .....15 times? Deliberately seeking advantage? Slapped with a limp lettuce leaf.
    Markovina said:

Marko Stewards in Syd love there penalties brilliant. But you need to tell them what Hocking is have look race 7 Tamworth to day unless Tom Ison foot went to sleep & he lost control of its use.--- Ha ha

He got 6 weeks and a $1000 fine - 15 times he used his leg to make contact with the horses leg 

Just my opinion - but that is a horrendous and disgraceful light penalty - should be more like 6-12 months - and do it again and you get life disqualification

The big worry is - if you have these ratbags who are brazen and stupid enough to do it in actual races then it is almost  certain it would be done on training tracks - look at some of those high profile gallops trainers - and what they did to their horses on the training track 
    The Disqualification should have taken place prior to all clear. it was blatant  disregard for the industry on all fronts. The penalty minimum of 12 months. got a phone call just after the line to have a look at race 7 Tamworth. surely his foot rest has broken.?. Watch the replay this clown has no morals or respect for anything.  very lucky kid--they don't realize a  eposides  like this can snowball into not even being able to own a dog.. 
    I have never seen anything like that ever.
    You could see his foot bouncing off it’s hocks.
    Another clown that just had to sit there and do his job.
    Stamp it out 6 weeks and disqualify the horse.

Should have been a steward.

I have never seen anything like that ever.
    You could see his foot bouncing off it’s hocks.
    Another clown that just had to sit there and do his job.
    Stamp it out 6 weeks and disqualify the horse.

Should have been a steward.

Yeah i reckon  FD - you  should have been a trotting steward  - i reckon NSW - what about 7-8 or 9 years  ago might have been a good fit for you - so its a lost opportunity 

You know you could have  become real Palsie /Wellsie  with some of the trainers and drivers - and the odd swab goes missing  who cares - or we dont even worry about it - when the big stable  money goes on - all good 

You could have profited nicely from that FD - so much so that today you might be sitting in a nice house in Claremont/Cottesloe - surrounded by Eagle supporters 

freodockers likes this post.

edited May 2021
    See south australian Trainer and owner stood down. ordered a truckload of wheaten chaff--and oaten turned up( ha--ha.).with 25 million worth of ice for joints---  may have come from w.a.

See south australian Trainer and owner stood down. ordered a truckload of wheaten chaff--and oaten turned up( ha--ha.).with 25 million worth of ice for joints---  may have come from w.a.

Who are they
    That’s why I live in Freo Marko, no Eagles here just seagulls,
    Last race Mildura last night.
    Mr Pumblechook straight to the front from barrier 2 never looked like getting beaten winning by 20 mtrs.
    Odds come up after race $104.00 for the win.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    You dont see harness tracks downgraded from Good very often these days do you. Noticed last couple races at GP were rated Dead

Last race Mildura last night.
    Mr Pumblechook straight to the front from barrier 2 never looked like getting beaten winning by 20 mtrs.
    Odds come up after race $104.00 for the win.

The favourite ex W..A. horse Elleker  Hanover was 1.04.with a career record of 122 starts for 4 wins..pre-race the commentator had mentioned it was plain at waragul on tuesday. Mildura had a 150/1 winner there previous meeting----But the king of mildura Bernie Winkler wins again 27 wins from 48 starts at the track  the N.R.up to 120.races pbd on N.R..

freodockers likes this post.