G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    And for those into the Euros, John Catlin is on 59 watch as he is -10 through 14 holes in Round one of the Tenerife Open in Spain.

I'm cheering Higgo at $19 and Keifer at $26.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Think you mean Paul Casey Bomber.
    I missed getting on him at $2.00 for top 20 finish. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me.
    detonator said:

Think you mean Paul Casey Bomber.

I missed getting on him at $2.00 for top 20 finish. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me.

Yeah mate you are dead right! Got my Paul's mixed up haha
    Phil Mickelson wins the US PGA as the oldest winner in history.

Backed him 2 tournaments back at $151 and didn't have the stones to go again!! I was on Higgo and he flopped the middle two rounds, but keep your eye on him when he heads back to Europe.

It was a great watch the last 6 holes stretch. Mickelson now gets automatic exemption to the US Open next month

The_Bull likes this post.

I bet around Phil and paid the price. Cost me a s*** load of sleep as well and for no result.
    The scenes up the 18th were unbelievable. What happened to Covid in the US ?
    Disappeared overnight. Even Vegas is open. No masks.
    I love Brooks Keopka......when he wins with my money on him. But what a miserable so and so he is.
    Golf is addictive. Haha.

@-)
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    edited May 2021
    Go Lefty !!! When you can out drive Bryson DeChambeau on the longest course on tour at 50, you're going well !!!

The crowd reaction with his approach shot on the last had me welling up 
    :x

Golf is VERY addictive!

jum likes this post.

Yeah those scenes at the end were Tiger-esque

You have to give it to the guy. He is a machine at 51 yo and has never looked better. Looking at some of those "old" videos he was a typical golfer/s body and the new blokes coming through are more athletic, have trainers, incorporate new technology to complement the ever changing equipment advances in the game. He's taken it all in his stride. He's also very likeable and giving to the fans, especially the kids. Some people don't like him, I'm a massive fan. His Twitter is good viewing also.

Can win the US Open too on about a month.
    detonator said:

I bet around Phil and paid the price. Cost me a s*** load of sleep as well and for no result.

The scenes up the 18th were unbelievable. What happened to Covid in the US ?
    Disappeared overnight. Even Vegas is open. No masks.
    I love Brooks Keopka......when he wins with my money on him. But what a miserable so and so he is.
    Golf is addictive. Haha.

@-)

Yeah the interview afterward didn't do Brooks any favours. Basically he says it's good for Phil he won, but the knee is still healing, crowds were banging him up blah blah. You could tell he was shitty haha. Sorry Brooks, can't blame the knee to miss so many putts.

As for COVID, I think if vaccinated then don't need to wear a mask....also I think mask wearing is optional in the US?.....can't work it out...

Phil is 9 years my senior. Maybe there still is hope to make the tour haha

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited May 2021
    H-BOMBER said:

Phil is 9 years my senior. Maybe there still is hope to make the tour haha

:))
    Whats your handicap Bomber. Im off a 19. Only been playing for 3 years every 2nd weekend
    I played a lot of Junior golf and got to single figures. These days I'm happy to shoot between 80-90

jum likes this post.

Best I did was 16 at social club at Hillview. Best round was an 84.
    "Those were the days my friend...I`d thought they`d never end"

jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Cant beat a Saturday afternoon with good company having a dozen cans whilst listening/watching the races on the I pad, cruising around a golf course.

detonator likes this post.

jum said:

Cant beat a Saturday afternoon with good company having a dozen cans whilst listening/watching the races on the I pad, cruising around a golf course.

Where does one obtain this lifestyle...
    jum said:

Dozen cans ??? F*** I would have to decide which ball to aim at on the 18th tee. Haha. :-B

I'd be dead after 9 holes

detonator, jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

And broke

jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited May 2021
    In the Beautiful South-West of our state Bomber. Very good lifestyle down here. And its only 6 cans on the front and 6 on the back   <:-P

And to be honest its usually about 10 through 18 
    :)

H-BOMBER, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Dont know if you have been following the simmering  feud  ( which is about to errupt )between the 2 Americans - big Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau - by the way i will state that im in Brooks camp - i like him - dont like the other bloke though

After the PGA - Brooks was  being interviewed on the practise putting green - Bryson walked behind him - the interview stopped  - you could see how upset Brooks was - muttered some expletives - i thought he was going to deck him 

Theve both been at it on social media - Bryson tweeted - to Brooks  _ " Its nice to be living rent free in your head " - boy thats something Deto would say to the Freo supporters on the footy forum - hah 

It will be fun when the Ryder Cup  comes up soon because those 2 will be team mates - fun times

detonator, H-BOMBER likes this post.

Yeah saw that Marko. Absolutely hilarious.
    Brooks response was gold. 2 young bulls going at it.
    One of the earlier responses to the Keopka Chambeau feud was Brooks put a picture of his 4 major trophy`s with the caption *two shy of  a 6 pack". This was on the back of a dig about comparable fitness levels.

If the captain of the American Ryder Cup team has a sense of humour he would put Bryce and Brooks in the same pairs. Haha.

Markovina, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited May 2021
    Was great to see Phil win! Crafty golfer great short game(my kryptonite this)..Aussies notoriously go shit at the PGA historically(i think)have we ever won one?

Yeh fellas 12 cans would make my slice highly dangerous lmao..
    Have in years past though hit the 19th at halfway on a function day and whoofed down 4 schooeys in 40 odd minutes gone out and seriously nailed the back nine..is insanely good medicine up to a handful of beers I have found.

I was only ever a 16 odd handicapper when playing fairly regularly due to err "inconsistencies" but once shot a 1 over for 9 holes(actually choked the putt for a par round was very pearced off), have had multiple mid to high 70's scores on decent courses, which made the more regualr close to 90 scores way more frustrating you guys will relate to what I'm saying :D

Mildly frustrating game due to the ingrained competitive streak i have maybe u guys too? but all in all it is a thoroughly great social outing a game of flog, bloody miss the social club days.

jum likes this post.

*Pretty sure the yanks still dont gaf about Covid really
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Australians have actually had more individual winner of the PGA than any other major (there have been more total wins in the British open but only 4 individuals).

They are Jim Ferrier, David Graham, Steve Elkington, Wayne Grady and Jason Day.

Well there ya ģo, thought we were very light on in one of the US majors clearly it is not the PGA.

Was great to see Phil win! Crafty golfer great short game(my kryptonite this)..Aussies notoriously go **** at the PGA historically(i think)have we ever won one?

Yeh fellas 12 cans would make my slice highly dangerous lmao..
    Have in years past though hit the 19th at halfway on a function day and whoofed down 4 schooeys in 40 odd minutes gone out and seriously nailed the back nine..is insanely good medicine up to a handful of beers I have found.

I was only ever a 16 odd handicapper when playing fairly regularly due to err "inconsistencies" but once shot a 1 over for 9 holes(actually choked the putt for a par round was very pearced off), have had multiple mid to high 70's scores on decent courses, which made the more regualr close to 90 scores way more frustrating you guys will relate to what I'm saying :D

Mildly frustrating game due to the ingrained competitive streak i have maybe u guys too? but all in all it is a thoroughly great social outing a game of flog, bloody miss the social club days.

Embleton golf course doesn`t count TS. Haha.

My claim to fame was the Burswood Golf course. Finished Eagle Birdie.
    Drove the green Par 4 17th 260m 20 ft putt for Eagle
    Birdied the Par 5 18th.....Lets not talk about holes 1 thru 16. Haha
    :-q

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts

Well there ya ģo, thought we were very light on in one of the US majors clearly it is not the PGA.

Masters only 1 (Adam Scott)

edited May 2021
    Good to see the golf thread up and firing again

Tonight is the start of the Charles Schwab. A nice field assembled, notably last week's winner Phil Mickelson on the quick back up. Like many I like Zalatoris this week.

Also the Euros are back at it in Denmark. Migliozzi should be prominent on the final day. Also Scrivener the Aussie comes back from Group 1 company at Kiawah to BM 84 company this week, he should also figure.

Pretty packed schedule with tournaments on every week. Hard to feel sorry for them though.
    For those who watch, Mickelson/Spieth/Berger are a featured group live on Golf TV at around 915 pm. Free to join Golf TV to watch featured groups as mentioned in previous pages.
    Phil on the backup ? 
    Not sure you would get any Tennis player backing up a week or even 2 weeks after winning a Slam.
    Kudos to Phil.
    I reckon it is easier to win powerball than pick the winner of a golf tourney before the first group tees off. I had five players going for the win after round 2 of the pga and still missed Phil. Haha.

Yeah Phil committed to the tournament before the US PGA as he has won there twice. Gives him a fortnight into the Us Open