Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Comments

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Bob likes the cash in the end..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Dont we all!
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Magic Millions have just announced she has been sold to Arrowfield for $3.2m
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Adds further gloss to the turd that is Bloodstock auctioneering...lovely transparent process. Caveat Emptor indeed. Someone out the back must have swatted a fly at $3.4 million!!!!

curmudgeon likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    not like Bob.... :-?
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    JayJay said:

Adds further gloss to the turd that is Bloodstock auctioneering...lovely transparent process. Caveat Emptor indeed. Someone out the back must have swatted a fly at $3.4 million!!!!

My brother recently bought a young broodmare by Duke of Marmalade out of a Galileo mare for $1K .....she has as much chance of throwing a champion as Arcadia Queen ....not being disrespectful to AQ....great racehorse but breeding...it's a stab in the dark at the very best. As for the bloodstock sales ring machinations ....puhleese !!!!!
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts

JayJay said:

My brother recently bought a young broodmare by Duke of Marmalade out of a Galileo mare for $1K .....she has as much chance of throwing a champion as Arcadia Queen ....not being disrespectful to AQ....great racehorse but breeding...it's a stab in the dark at the very best. As for the bloodstock sales ring machinations ....puhleese !!!!!
    If that’s true why is there a thread on here twice a year with people complaining about Bob’s dominance?  You reckon he’s fluked 9 Perth cups, 9 of the last 11 Derby’s?  Puhleese!!!!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    You are barking up the wrong tree mate.....I am not casting aspersions on AQ or Bob Peters & his record.....that's his business and he seems pretty good at it. The Cups & Derbies certainly aren't flukes...but will a son or daughter of AQ win one ? You tell me....not with hindsight...before the event.

• WinsumlosesumWinsumlosesum    138 posts
    edited May 2021
    JayJay said:

Adds further gloss to the turd that is Bloodstock auctioneering...lovely transparent process. Caveat Emptor indeed.
    Someone out the back must have swatted a fly at $3.4 million!!!!

I agree probably all make believe bids. But maybe he was offered 3.4 by someone. Didn’t take it then offered 3.2 by a stud that offered him free serves from seriously expensive bulls for a number of years?
    Just a thought

jum, oldhendo likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    My mate bought a well bred mare 3 years ago for 12k. She'd already had a few foals which had done ok but no black type. All of a sudden one of them starts winning black type and boom, jags a Group 1. Now his foals are worth a lot more and his phone is ringing. It's like he's won lotto.

jum, curmudgeon, Manchild likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

JayJay said:

But maybe he was offered 3.4 by someone. Didn’t take it then offered 3.2 by a stud that offered him free serves from seriously expensive bulls for a number of years?
    Just a thought

Exactly 
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    I hear the tendon injury isnt that bad, could she go back into work?
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Was sold as breeding proposition only, at least that was my understanding.
    don't forget, if she was sold privately there is no eye watering commission to the hammer bangers.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    MM still get their %

RIO likes this post.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Christ if he sent her to Galileo hope he races it in UK, the are not worth a crumpet in Aust
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Heard at the races yesterday that Arcadia Queen May have been on the float that crashed yesterday. Only what I heard
    don't tell me another horse float crash.... X_X
    Unfortunately yes . Racenet reporting 5 mates being transported from the Gold Coast sale had to be euthanised.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

That should have been mares
    don't tell us she was on the fated float.... [-O<
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Latest comment from racing.com is that the mares were in foal and none were group 1 winners so that at least rules out Arcadia Queen

Thunderstruck likes this post.

thanks for that info tony.
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    Manchild said:

Was sold as breeding proposition only, at least that was my understanding.

The new owners can do wotever they like. Race or not race
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    tony said:

Latest comment from racing.com is that the mares were in foal and none were group 1 winners so that at least rules out Arcadia Queen

Still sad though 5 beautiful horses innocently killed.

spinking likes this post.

it was the 3rd in about 2 months....
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

tony said:

Still sad though 5 beautiful horses innocently killed.

One of the five thoroughbreds killed in last weekend’s float crash in the Hunter Valley has been revealed as former Chris Waller-trained mare Tsaritsa, who only days earlier was sold for $950,000 at the Magic Millions National Broodmare Sale.