G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members
Interesting that Rod Fuller who was sentenced in 2013 to 6 years jail, 3 years before being eligible for parole,for defrauding the Australian Taxation Office of $200,000 is back calling races.

I'm all for giving people a second chance, and I have to say that his enforced holiday has, in my opinion, brought him back as a better caller. At least he's better than Col Hodges!

So good luck to the bloke, and may he have many more years at the microphone.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    how can a race caller knock 200k off the ATO?

where is he calling now, BL?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    He calls in NSW Northern areas Falc..

bookielover likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited May 2021

Interesting that Rod Fuller who was sentenced in 2013 to 6 years jail, 3 years before being eligible for parole,for defrauding the Australian Taxation Office of $200,000 is back calling races.

I'm all for giving people a second chance, and I have to say that his enforced holiday has, in my opinion, brought him back as a better caller. At least he's better than Col Hodges!

So good luck to the bloke, and may he have many more years at the microphone.
    Will have to fire up google as this is news to me or i've just completely forgotten about it(also possible lol)

F me that is a very harsh penalty crimes against the Government hey!! they get there full whack while the same mike hunts sit back on their hands as the real vermin of society like peds, rapists, drug dealers killing people get less and even murderers are not getting much more time.

Way too late to be arcing up over this i know lol so i must have missed it completely somehow but wish him all the best, absolutely deseves to be back calling imo it's a no brainer.He was a pretty good caller, maybe even was a backup to Ian Craig in a previous decade?

thanks tony, i'll have a listen to him...i know those northern areas well...
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    6 years for 200k government fraud.

My ex neighbour (punted on the nod ever week) only received 2 years for stealing 400k from the bank he worked at. He only got caught because he went on holidays and he then had to explain to them how he deceived the bank.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I think all Rod Fuller did  in the grand scheme of things - was claim excess travel expenses or something  like that on his tax return over many years - so it wasnt that much per year - but it was multiplied by numerous years - and thats how you come to the sum of 200k - so it might have been say 25 years at 8k per year excess 

He got dealt with so harshly - probably the harshest penalty ever in the history of Aust law  - compared to what others have done against the law 

Great to see him back calling 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    By comparison, corporate crooks of a grand scale with a penchant for sailing boats and reversible episodes of memory loss, get made Australian of the year.
    ^^ name and shame jj....... :-\"

JayJay, bookielover likes this post.

I did notice(but cant read the article)that flipper Peter Profit has commented on his reinstatement and i sense not in a favourable light..

Idgaf what anyone says Fuller has more than done his penance, is completely entitled to resume his profession i too wish him well.

thefalcon, bookielover likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    He's calling the races, Coffs harbour Armidale etc, the Trots and the dogs. He also writes a column for the local Port Macquarie newspaper.

JimmyPop, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Thanks for the update BL, hope he kills it i feel for the guy who knows what he may have lost in that long period of incarceration.