G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Forgot to add the commentator didn't have Elleker Hanover in his first four tips at 1.04.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    The only good point of Ritchie Bell's calling is that he could nail a photo finish.

Now he cant even do that.

In the spotlight in the Pearl heat.

Beach Start last Tuesday

Joey James , and there is probably more...............
  • Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    KTQ said:

You dont see harness tracks downgraded from Good very often these days do you. Noticed last couple races at GP were rated Dead

Didn’t notice the rain did you? I myself was surprised it wasn’t downgraded to slushy with the amount of water on the surface I could see off the television
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

KTQ said:

You dont see harness tracks downgraded from Good very often these days do you. Noticed last couple races at GP were rated Dead

Didn’t notice the rain did you? I myself was surprised it wasn’t downgraded to slushy with the amount of water on the surface I could see off the television
    They need to start changing status of tracks more! We had a horse race at Bunbury and the announcer literally said I can't see the horses, the spray coming up off the wheels was basically a hose spraying up yet the track was still 'good'. 
    From a betting perspective, you need to know the status of the track. There is little wonder that the horses that won on the dead tracks last night were all barrier 1 (obviously there are other factors but horses won't be coming from last so often on a dead track). 

freodockers likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    When did Northam go to only 6 across the front and have field sizes there been capped at 10?
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Agree with KTQ about track ratings. Fought hard at HRA level to have Fast, Good, Dead, Slow, Heavy but the stewards seem reluctant to change readings. Mudguards and splash sheets should be a trigger to a track change but still reluctant to alter the rating from good. Times are not laways the criteria.
    Gilgamesh said:

When did Northam go to only 6 across the front and have field sizes there been capped at 10?

About 2-3 months ago.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    I heard that Ross Oliveri has trained 2500 winners but no mention of it anywhere???

Was all over Twitter when it happened.
    Thank Chariots.. I am toooo old for twitter...

freodockers likes this post.

• REDHOTSREDHOTS    2 posts

Agree with KTQ about track ratings. Fought hard at HRA level to have Fast, Good, Dead, Slow, Heavy but the stewards seem reluctant to change readings. Mudguards and splash sheets should be a trigger to a track change but still reluctant to alter the rating from good. Times are not laways the criteria.

So in the last race at GP, they went 27 quarter for the final quarter? Is the track really "dead" if they run faster times then when the track didnt have rain on it?
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    REDHOTS said:

So in the last race at GP, they went 27 quarter for the final quarter? Is the track really "dead" if they run faster times then when the track didnt have rain on it?

27.6 after a 2 minute mile rate. Not sure your point but that’s awfully slow and after those sectionals would of been a 26 on a dry track
    edited May 2021
    sonny said:

Sonny they say forums are Facebook for old men and I certainly fit into the old men category.
    I actually thought the track ratings for GP and the late downgrade were accurate on Friday.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Been a few remarks about track ratings, abandoned meetings etc..obviously the almost exclusive mobile barrier use has changed the landscape .....but I think we put up with a hell of a lot worse weather back in the 1960's and 1970's......and I knew I went to one ridiculous meeting at GP but I wanted to look up some stuff to be sure I wasn't imagining things. And I wasn't.

Chariots may recall but I remembered a really dirty night when the track was a bog and Golta, a stunning black horse of the Godecke's, ploughed through the slop to beat a top field (Binshaw, Color Glo etc) in a feature or FFA. All I recalled was that the times that night were ridiculous. And there was no thought to calling the meeting off.

Well bulls eye, I found the meeting, March 16, 1968. Track deteriorated as the night went on but the winners were: Race 1 (3yo Sires Heat) Roscott (Lyle Lindau) MR 2.12.6, Race 2 Atai (N.Moscardini) MR 2.17.8, Race 3 (3yo Sires Heat) Bank Street (Bob Pollock) MR 2.16.0, Race 4 (2.21 and better) Gallant Ron (L.J. Robinson) MR 2.17.7, Race 5 Lord Mayors Cup Golta (Bill Godecke) MR 2.14.6 beat First Adventure, Golbesti, then Tony Hall, Dalspeed, Binshaw, Tiara Court, Good Grattan. Did not finish Gallant Ribbon, Hal Butler, Color Glo, Radiant Fortune. Race 6 Brookton (L.J. Keys) MR 2.17.2 and Race 7 (2.19 and better) Smackerola (Noel Eddy) MR 2.16.9. Official Track Rating: Wet.
    To put it in perspective, Color Glo won the Tatts Cup on June 5 rating 2.5.5 and The Five Eight won a Qualie the same night rating 2.9.6 for Jimmy Schrader. So we are not dealing with no hopers here, they just raced in conditions that we wouldn't walk outside in.
    Hats off to track staff these days especially the volunteers at provincial venues during winter, the mobile has dramatically altered the job description.

Chariotsonfire, VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I tell you what Jay Jay - many years ago it wasnt just the trotting track - re the inclement weather - many years ago over East - i got bogged ( and i mean seriously bogged )- exiting the carpark of a country track 

I cant recall how i got out of that pickle - but i can vividly remember people getting out of their cars ( not to help me hah ) with torches - instructing the drivers - because it was that dicey - to keep them on the firm stuff - otherwise they were ratshiit like me 
    sonny said:

I heard that Ross Oliveri has trained 2500 winners but no mention of it anywhere???

Matt Young spoke to Ross Oliveri today on One Out One Back about the achievement.

JayJay, JimmyPop, VillageKid likes this post.

The interview can be heard on Tabradio via Tabtouch for those interested.

VillageKid likes this post.

Yes . I heard the interview. I always listen to one out one back.. The best..... Meet Ross when he was in Sydney training out in the lowlands at Richmond in the 80s...

VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Jason Grimson a youngish trainer in Menangle  NSW - horses are going great - having a fantastic run 

However the stewards have done something - i have never heard of before  - especially the period of time

' Jason Grimson has been directed to present horses trained by him to HRNSW Retention Facility Menangle - where they will be housed and trained under the supervision of HRNSW Stewards from Sunday 6th June to Saturday 19th June "
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Well that’s a bit out there Marko.
    Must have some pretty serious goings on to warrant that sort of treatment.
    He has improved a few horses . If they have not have a positive how can the stewards do that??

• getthechangegetthechange    310 posts
    Hi Marko
    NSW Harness Racing issued a news article on 27th May with regards to TCO2 levels where it was mentioned as part of their policy
    someone with more computer skills than mine may be able to provide a link to the page
  • getthechangegetthechange    310 posts
    TCO2 policy initially issued on 27th January and repeated 27th May
    Peachee attacks the leader gets beat 75 mts, no QDT. :-O

Probably not the 1st time when a stablemate has been sitting back in the field..................
    AbbysAce said:

Probably not the 1st time when a stablemate has been sitting back in the field..................

AbbysAce said:

AbbysAce said:

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    I think Chance Eclipse is a great 1win 3place bet in the first today. Hopefully go 3 back the fence and rattle home

PackedMetalPanda, Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    They just not listening to your instructions Gilga.