G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    I battled Falc, I battled......not too bad today, just wet but Wednesday was disgraceful, max of 10, felt like 3 and as cold as you could imagine. Extra rations for the mares, albeit a bit later than usual. Christ, it was miserable. Not sure that Bunbury Trots on Friday night will be any warmer but I'll be there, hopeful as ever.

jum, thefalcon, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Sydney’s lack of intensity against Hawthorn was embarrassing. Most players including the likes of Papaly Heaney Hickey etc were going at half pace.
    Hmmmm. 
    :-B
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Young players might be getting tired Det.
    They went hard early in season.
    Whole team seemed to lack energy. Heaney 3 possessions into the 3rd quarter.
    Reckon if that was a horse race the stewards would be looking into it. Be certainly checking the betting records. These days you can almost bet on how many kms players cover in a game. 
    Don’t like all the fields you can bet on in a game of footy. Opens up to potential corruption. 
    Also draft picks positioning. 
    Sydney still in the finals hunt but wouldn’t see them making the prelims so who remembers what team finishes 5th 6th and at the expenses of draft picks. 
    Hawthorn were pathetic in their previous game. So not like Sydney were not playing an elite team. 
    But you are right Freo. Young players were always touted at dropping off later in the season.

Carlton last week prime example.
    We will probably see more of it from here on in.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Freo keep their faint final 8 hopes alive with their win today 

Shaun Darcy played pretty well - his rucking and o/head marking and can drift forward 

Probably showing my age a bit here - but the player he reminds me  of alot from yesteryear - considering he is a left footer - big ruckman/forward - how he moves the whole lot  - is Big Bob Johnson 

And just like Big Bob - Shaun Darcy  shows no emotion when he plays - and that was Bob Johnson to a tee - if he kicked a goal there was no celebration at all 

Big Bob use to chew gum - thats about the only difference between those 2 
    Not sure what you mean faint Marko.
    Have a look at Freos next three games and have a look at WC next three games.
    May come down to the derby.
    That’s not mentioning Sydney who are starting to struggle.
    Injuries will play a big part for all sides.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Markovina said:

Freo keep their faint final 8 hopes alive with their win today 

Shaun Darcy played pretty well - his rucking and o/head marking and can drift forward 

Probably showing my age a bit here - but the player he reminds me  of alot from yesteryear - considering he is a left footer - big ruckman/forward - how he moves the whole lot  - is Big Bob Johnson 

And just like Big Bob - Shaun Darcy  shows no emotion when he plays - and that was Bob Johnson to a tee - if he kicked a goal there was no celebration at all 

Big Bob use to chew gum - thats about the only difference between those 2 
    During the game i actually thought he was looking very Graeme Moss like today...Only thing missing was a handbag
    West Coast will beat Richmond tomorrow. Take it to the bank !!! :D

RIO likes this post.

You are dreaming Det.
    Dare to dream my friend. Haha
    Go boys !!!
    ;)
    Sorry Det I didn’t realise Duggan back in.
    That’s a big in.
    Haha.
    Premiership player. That’s one more than you have in your entire team.....just sayin. Haha

:-@

RIO likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    You have overlooked Hamling  :>
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Haha Marko.....Big Bob....Darcy moves like Bob, well Bob hardly moved at all, just stood in the goal square and frustrated the living bejeezus out of whoever played on him. Saw him kick 13 one day on Mal Atwell.....when Atwell was the WA State Full Back and a mean mother. Remarkably canny old player was Bob. No emotion shown when he kicked one, too busy sussing out the race results on the scoreboard.

RIO, Markovina likes this post.

You have overlooked Hamling  :>

Has he played a game for you blokes yet ? :-?
    I am in the minority here I reckon but I believe the Adelaide Crows player should be rubbed out for breaking the jaw of the Saints Hunter Clark.
    He wanted contact. Mckay came in at unreasonable speed to realistically take possession.
    Should get weeks. 
    Saints were leading 5.5 to 0.0 when it happened. He was out to exert a physical presence but went too far in my opinion.
    Be interested how the tribunal view this.
    edited June 2021
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

West Coast will beat Richmond tomorrow. Take it to the bank !!! :D

about the 2nd or 3rd time i've ever had a sports bet. Backed the Eagles to win!! Now that is a big weight to try to carry to the line!!!

detonator likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    If Andrew Gaff can get 5 weeks for breaking a jaw this blokes got to get at least the same. Lined up the Saints player from 15m away & jumped in the last stride before contact....cheap weak dog act....there was only one player with the intent for the ball & he got injured.

freodockers, detonator, JayJay likes this post.

Amazing how the Fox Footy callers try to undermine the AFL by promoting their own beliefs, nothing to see, play on.
    Jason Dunstall supporting a blatant elbow to the back of Luke Ryan’s head in a marking contest.
    One inch the wrong way and he gets knocked out.

curmudgeon, detonator, JayJay likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Anyone who has played football at any level knows "accidents" are rarely accidental. Spatial awareness is heightened & time seems to slow down with the intensity of physical exertion and concentration. In the incident under review here you can see the other Crows player involved start to prematurely tackle the Saints guy but following a glance at the incoming Crows player releases and backs off the chase....with a lifetime between his action and the actual collision. He read the play but the Saints guy was oblivious to the rising threat.... and he really should have been more aware of the possible malice as well. 

Great game of footy boys. Atmosphere pulsating here at Optus.
    Nic outstanding.
    4 points down. This could be a classic.
    Go boys !!! [-O<

Manchild likes this post.

Classic doesn't do it justice.

RIO likes this post.

Can someone tell me when NicNat is retiring.
    What a player he is.
    Swear Richmond got there goals when he was off and West Coast got theirs when he was on.
    Reckon your spot on Freo. Oscar probably gifted Richmond a few when it was his turn in the ruck.
    But hand on heart, Richmond were the better team tonight.
    They are a slick well coached team who will be hard to top this year especially at the G.
    But it was exciting.
    Chance to catch the breath over the bye week and reload.
    Dare to dream !!!!
    :D
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Great performance by the Eagles to get off the canvas and record a memorable victory.

Boo stadium played its part again with a 25/15 free kick count but that should not detract from the Eagles best win for the season.
    edited June 2021
    Nice to be on the winning end of an exciting match like that.
    Even if we had lost I wouldn`t have been too disappointed considering we served it up to the best team in the AFL.
    There are always sub plots and our young blokes stood up in the heat namely Harry Edwards, Foley and Luke Edwards. Should be a rising star award for Luke Edwards I reckon.
    2nd game of AFL. 50,000 spectators against the reigning Premiers when the heat was on in the last qtr.  9 possessions. Impressive.
    Will watch the replay...of course. Free kick count went our way but always good to see the slo mo replays and hear commentators to see if they were warranted or missed.
    Go Boys !!!
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Get the tape measure out when you do..............

:((
    edited June 2021
    Its like diving Tivers.... you get more points for the difficulty.
    Ball travelled 11m. At full pace Ryan on the left allow him 2m. 
    6foot 5inch lumberjack Josh Kennedy getting down to snaffle it inches from the ground allow him 2m.
    11 + 2 + 2 = 15m. Haha.
    But hey...swings and roundabouts. Coleman Jones 50m penalty was about as soft as "Meadow Lea". 
    Josh had to kick his from 40m out on the boundary and Coleman Jones from the goal square.
    Next ???
    [-X