G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    I like watching the European tour - its on at a friendly WA time - the standard is no where as good as the USPGA - and some have  very ordinary swings - but that makes it fun because anything can happen - and i like the commentators - there mainly ex players - like Richard Boxall - but theve all got a sense of humour - so it is an entertaining stress free watch 

Some of the things you see on the European tour  - they were in Belgium or Denmark or somewhere - and this plump South African guy - he hit his shot up to the green way off line - and no bulldust - he had to get in a row boat with oars - and cross about 10-15 metres of water - there was someone on the otherside bank - and a rope on the front of the boat - pulled the boat in - the pro golfer got out - hit his ball up to the green - got back into the boat - and  crossed back to the otherside where the green was

Unbelievable stuff -  pretty amateurish but it was funny - youd never see that in America

H-BOMBER, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Yeah I dont mind the Euro tour. i see Bland is backing up his form afetr the Championship win.
    H-BOMBER said:

Yeah I dont mind the Euro tour. i see Bland is backing up his form afetr the Championship win.

Yeah i was barracking  for him when he had the breakthrough win - what 20 plus years on the tour - 400 plus starts and he finally got his 1st win

The other thing i like watching on the Euro tour - and its got nothing to  do with golf - is they allways have a little bit of promotion of the country their in - so they might show pictures of the classic old buildings - or the countryside - i like looking at that stuff

Recently they had 3 tournaments in a row - in various islands in Spain right on the Atlantic Ocean  - so the views from the golf course were quite magnificent - and one of the islands - they said they get 300 days of sunshine  a year - when i was watching that - i thought i could quite easily live their

Thunderstruck likes this post.

What I found amazing with the Canary Island Tournaments was how different the course can play week to week...everything from simply pin placement to how the grass is mowed and presented. Gives a big appreciation for Turf/course management
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Geez Jordan Speith was weak today. Kokrak handed the trophy to Speith on a plate but couldn’t take advantage.
    An on course commentator asked Speith on the course towards the end what wasn’t working and he said everything. Couldn’t drive,chip, putt particularly on the back nine. He was ordinary.
    And yes I am talking thru my pocket !!! 
    :-&
    Yeah it was his to lose. I didn't watch the main coverage and was very surprised to see the result...the iron into the water on 18 was the nail in the coffin...

Zalatoris just battled.
    Iron into the water on the 18th was my cue to hit the shower and then head to work. Haha. :-q
    Absolute scenes this morning as Jon Rahm, putts out on 18 with a 6 shot lead after 3 rounds, is notified he is COVID positive and has to withdraw from competition.

He was under daily testing protocol from Monday as he had a close contact event and by the rules of the PGA, because he isn't vaccinated, he has to abide by these strict testing regimes.

The silly thing is that if he was vaccinated then the PGA wouldn't have tested him as vaccinated participants are exempt from testing. As I understand things.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Got to feel for Joh Rahm. Going into the last round six shots up only to be told he has covid and can not finish the tournament. Be pi..ed off if you backed him. Just another way to loose your money
    The Palmetto started tonight in The final lead up to The US Open. A few star studded names playing in Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka in The featured groups. DJ currently -5 through his round in A retrn to form. Doc Redman lead at -7 early on.

Ive backed my man Higgo at $41 and FRL at $46. This kid will win soon on The US tour
    Those following my man Higgo finished T3 after the third round at -8, 6 shots adrift.

Fast forward with 3 holes to go Higgo in the final round and he is only 2 behind with a birdie chance.
    Higgo cards -11 and is clubhouse leader!

Overnight leader Chesson Hadley -11 down the last in trouble and needs par now to force a pay off with Higgo...
    And Higgo WINS the Palmetto Championship after an implosion by leader Chesson Hadley. It only took him his second start to achieve his first win on the tour. I knew it would happen soon but not this soon!!

Life is good.

detonator, jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Unbelievable win Bomber. You called it early and what a result at $41.00. 
    Picking a golf winner at those sort of odds is amazing particularly when you only have 2 runners.
    My “sphincter” would have been flexing “ten to the dozen down those last few holes”. Haha.
    Outstanding !!! 
    =D> ^:)^
    Cheers, only backed Higgo win and Higgo first round leader. Nice to get one after following him for so long
    Tonight sees the beginning of the US Open. A massive field of the world's best to compete at Torrey Pines which requires pin point driving accuracy.

The featured groups are sensational. The early featured sees Collin Morikawa, Justin Thomas and Brooks Koepka starting at 10.28 pm on Kayo. Strafaci, Matsuyama and Bryson on the latter groups during the main broadcast.

Ones to watch in my opinion are Xander Shauffele, Scott Scheffler, Jason Kokrak and always Brooks Koepka in these majors. Man of the moment Garrick Higgo tees off at 4.28 am our time so I'll be up early to watch my man go round.

I've backed Higgo again at $67 outright and also at $67 for first round leader.

He is going from BM 84 class to Group 1 company but he's a young man in very good form who hits a long, accurate ball and let's be honest, after he won me the cash last start of be a fool to not back up on him.

Best of luck and good viewing

jum likes this post.

Yep the US Open i think it is the best and strongest of all 4 majors - probably the best golf tournament in the world - because the rough is brutal - youve got to hit the ball straight or  otherwise you get severely punished - and thats how it ought to be 

All this talk about - because players are now so strong - they can hit the ball a mile - thus making alot of courses so easy - however all you have to do to counter that is have brutal rough and have undulating slick greens - so you need absolute precision iron play and even chipping and putting 

That tournament 2 weeks ago  in Germany - in Munich - where the young English guy Marcus won - that was fascinating to watch - because they had brutal rough and undulating bouncy greens - those type of courses find out alot of players

I reckon this years US Open is wide open  - you dont need some  super ball striker - you just need someone who can hit it straight - play 4  steady rounds of 71 and probably walk away with the trophy 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Spot on Marko. Maybe I don't understand a lot of the stats these days but they seem extreme when going deep into form of players. Like racing, just keep it simple. Make birdies and pars, not bogeys and you'll win. Pretty easy game haha
    Jon Rahm for me. Sentimental favourite after being ripped off at the tournament the other day when leading by 6.
    $10.00 to win the tournament.
    Go boy !!!

No Rahms a campaigner

Dives through the gates to a golf tournament - with the roof open on his convertible - cap on back to front - listening to blaring - heavy metal rock music 

No i like when fat boy has got a big lead and chokes - he gets angrier and angrier - beautiful to watch - love seeing him get beat 

Iwas watching the preview show tonight - if Rory can somehow survive the 1st round - even say 73 ( not 79 ) then i think he can win 

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    I've Backed 3
    Rory straight out
    Finau straight out
    Cam Smith, eachway

My only bet I have had so far is a head to head in the first round. Lee Westwood to win over Kevin Streelman.
    Westwood in the clubhouse at E. Streelman currently at E hovering over a 12 footer for birdie.(play suspended) Got the par 3 8th and the 620+yard par 5 to finish. Reckon my body clock will wake me up at around 2.30am to see how this plays out. Haha.
    Hopefully Streelman wakes up a bit stiff and sore Haha
    Phuck me. Streelman misses his 12 footer for birdie. Then pars the next and then drops a 39 footer to save par on the last to halve my bet. Gee golf can be frustrating playing and betting.  X(
    After 36 holes - Richard Bland the Englishman 2nd at 5 under 

Well in his 40s took 470 starts before his break through win earlier this year 

Amazing if he won the US Open - hes not a big hitter - but hes got a technically correct good swing - that will hold him in good stead 

Well round 2 done and dusted and 72 players make the cut.

My man Higgo missed by 2 shots. He had +5 on day 1 which included 9 bogies!

A few other big names have missed out. The cut is set at +4. No amateur made the cut with Kozan hitting the lip from 6 feet to bogey the last to miss out.

Both Brooks and Bryson are at even par and if there was any sense of theatre, the USGA would pair them together in a featured group to tomorrow.

Now I need to find a winner at the half way mark .

Markovina likes this post.

Bubba Watson has basically done nothing for about 3-4 years - he did win that match play tournament but who cares

He had a very good round yesterday - sits at about 3 under 

This 3rd round is Bubbas most important round in about 3 years - another good round and he is a chance to win - or is just going to fade away again 
    Rahm still within striking distance. My pick before the tourney but no financial interest.
    I will be rooting for the Canadian as well Mackenzie aHughes. Watched his interview after the round.
    When asked what he has done different to be in this position. His reply…..nothing. Some days a 60ft putt drops in for birdie other days it becomes a 3 putt. From there you get momentum.
    If Rory is ever going to break his Majors drought ( 7 long years) then this it - just 2 behind

Since he has changed coach - he seems more relaxed - and he is swinging the club beautifully

He was paired with Johhson in the 1st 2 rounds - Johnson for mine has got an ugly swing - there is nothing classic about it 
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    John Rahm  =D>  =D> Two massive clutch putts on 17 and 18.

Am I a bad person, because I really enjoyed watching Bryson implode .
    ;))
    Was a great closing 9 holes to watch. While Louis certainly lost it for himself with his drive on 17, Rahm won it with those two clutch putts.

De Chambeau imploded with +8 in the last 9 holes after leading with 9 to play! He wasn't alone with many having the course get the better of them.

All honours to the winner who was favourite at $10 at the start and vindicates his DQ last start when looking all over the winner.

Many will back up in this week's Travelers Championship including defending champ DJ at TPC River Highlands