G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    A horse that has won numerous races still can go to the east as a NR 50.

A horse having its 1st start starts as a NR 50.

Still not a bad senario if that horse has alot of HWOE dollars to its name.

Gets to race maidens.

freodockers, getthechange likes this post.

• aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    AbbysAce said:

Gets to race maidens.
    agree really dont think this is going to make a big difference to High HWOE horses that have dropped back they can still be sold to the east at NR50

impacts some maidens and low assessed horses in respect to their NR points more being given 20 points to bring them up to higher than their initial rating even though some have never won a race and others only won 1 

Don't think WA will ever change the the NR but if they do their will be a lot of eastern states horses with low ratings coming west for a short time while we all transition through the ratings for a couple of years 

getthechange likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Former WA types Alfs Odyssey  & Hidden Figure run the quinella in the 2nd at Mildura today.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Hell will freeze over, Mooner Murray will vote Labor and the Kiwis will forgive the Chappells before WA ever adopts NR. We are rapidly approaching cottage status......"Chase The Ace" at the Deanmill Workers Club is worth more that we are racing for at Narrogin tonight.

VillageKid likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Well done to Matt Young for his radio interview with Nathan Turvey on One Out One Back. Great insight into the ups and downs of harness racing.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Any news if there were suspensions for interference in race 3 last night?
    Driver of the 1 forcing a run that wasnt quite there

edited June 2021
    AbbysAce said:

Gets to race maidens.
    Seems to be errors in the drop back adjustment horses in WA that haven’t had their ratings adjusted up that have won races and are still below NR50 must only come into effect if they race after June 16 
    Possible that the clause is only triggered when they change jurisdictions/states and that their actual NR remains in the unlikely event that WA ends up deciding to drive on the same side of the road as the rest of Australia.
    Nope 
    JayJay said:

Possible that the clause is only triggered when they change jurisdictions/states and that their actual NR remains in the unlikely event that WA ends up deciding to drive on the same side of the road as the rest of Australia.

More I checked into it more seems like it’s just an error ,technical anomaly 
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    I am hearing strong rumors that a senior stewards son was the one who tested positive to covid 19 and although his father tested negative on the first test (only a few days after being identified at an exposure site) still went and officiated in his steward duties potentially putting everything into jeopardy.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Millsy had something on 6pr today regarding serious COVID breach racing industry Tuesday night but I missed it.
    So more than likely correct.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    That’s a massive rumour,surely not true or the industry would be investigated already.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Absolute incompetence if everything circulating is true.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Its irresponsible of participants to be circulating rumours. Why are horse people such gossips
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Speaking of gossip,why did Shanway leave Corey Peterson’s stable? Been doing a great job with it
  • PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Speaking of gossip,why did Shanway leave Corey Peterson’s stable? Been doing a great job with it

Corey is off to Sydney to train, fantastic opportunity for him and Shanway, Smooth Rye and others have changed stables.

He currently can’t leave due to covid situation.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Has he got a setup at Menangle or as a private trainer?? 
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    KTQ said:

Its irresponsible of participants to be circulating rumours. Why are horse people such gossips

So you believe KTQ, that a person in that position in the industry. Who could have stopped the whole industry with there actions should not be spoken about and held accountable.   :-?  :-??

I don't believe names have been mentioned. Whats the point of having an anonymous forum if you cant  
    :D

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Gilgamesh said:

Corey is off to Sydney to train, fantastic opportunity for him and Shanway, Smooth Rye and others have changed stables.

He currently can’t leave due to covid situation.

Wow that’s massively disappointing for us over here to lose a young talent like that but good on him for getting the opportunity, hope he excels.
  • PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    sonny said:

Has he got a setup at Menangle or as a private trainer?? 

https://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=48710

Love it when the caller states that your horse is prone to doing things wrong......when it doesn't. Not the smoothest mover granted, but has never offended in a race. Do your homework son, don't make stuff up.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Yeah well done on your horses last night Jay Jay at Burwood Park last night - just watched the replays their 

Northam looks alot fairer and safer - with the 6 by 4 - 10 horse field limit - the track size dictates that - and it fits nicely- gives most runners in the field a chance

Ocean Beach rattled home - nice run that 

As for the racecaller - just my opinion - but there was too much Jimmy Jacques ( who im not really a fan of )  in it for me - in that - hes saying/suggesting what drivers should be doing - or what options they should consider taking in the run 

Callers are there to call the race - thats it - just call the race 

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Yes, I agree but he is a young caller, learning his craft and trying to make it sound interesting. I actually think he goes better than okay, maybe just trying a bit hard but no real knock on him. Jimmy is all "Danni this, Danni that"....overly familiar but that is his style, it won't change and he is passionate about what is, lets face it, not a very good product. I hate knocking callers, it is a tough deal. We all have our preferences.
    Trackwise, the 6x4 seems to working okay......I am not a fan of the 9x3 at GP at all.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    edited July 2021
    Markovina said:

Yeah well done on your horses last night Jay Jay at Burwood Park last night - just watched the replays their 

Northam looks alot fairer and safer - with the 6 by 4 - 10 horse field limit - the track size dictates that - and it fits nicely- gives most runners in the field a chance

Ocean Beach rattled home - nice run that 

As for the racecaller - just my opinion - but there was too much Jimmy Jacques ( who im not really a fan of )  in it for me - in that - hes saying/suggesting what drivers should be doing - or what options they should consider taking in the run 

Callers are there to call the race - thats it - just call the race 
    OB was a good effort.  I like the Friday night country meets & follow more than GP, which at times to me is a bore

Oh for the days of the old fashion callers like George Griller.

JayJay likes this post.

Have always preferred the 6x4 start.
    It is fairest of them all.
    Different now to old days where track conditions and driving styles ruined any chance from 5,6,9 and 10 barriers.
    Nowadays they go forward from 6 and work from 10.
    Nothing better than driving through from 9 and landing 1x 1.
    Would like to see it trialled at GP with fields of 10 or less. Might even stop some of the sprinting home stuff.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    The 10 horse 6 x 4 format was settled upon after a club committee meeting that included RWWA Harness Manager Kerry Hanks. The concern that the track width had a role in scrimmages & a spate of locked wheel incidents in 12 horse fields was voiced. The solution was seen to be a trial period of 10 horse max fields that could be revoked by either party. Kerry gave an undertaking that if nominations were too voluminous she would add an additional race wherever possible to keep faith with the fraternity.
    It has been operational for a number of months now & is seen generally to be a successful move in terms of race safety & overall fairness & earning possibilities in running.
    The comments here are in that corner it appears. 
    Good to get feedback without request.

JayJay, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Couple of place roughies at Bunbury tonight.
    Captains Cote 16 bucks fixed and Soho Gigolo 16 fixed.
    Only 7 horse fields but both worth a go.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Big pile on Twitter after a drive in the last at Bunbury last night, (not saying it was not warranted, awful drive, holiday coming you would think) , but some comments were made from the industry, which I thought was a no no by RWWA.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Muldoon said:

Big pile on Twitter after a drive in the last at Bunbury last night, (not saying it was not warranted, awful drive, holiday coming you would think) , but some comments were made from the industry, which I thought was a no no by RWWA.

How can they give him time? He has done the same thing several times and never got time.

Plus you look at the sectionals? average lead time, 30.3,30.6 

His horse hung in, leader running out, they race tight, little room for error.

Probably the karma train getting the fav after his drive the week before.