G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Is Bob sending a team over East this spring?

West Australian Racing
Around that time of the year again, is an eastern states raid on the agenda for Bob and the team does anyone know?
Also asking for Wayne Hawkes, he wants to know if Pikey can be relied upon as their go to Melbourne guy again :D

Western Empire, Celebrity Queen, Magical Dream and Inspirational Girl might be a few select ones that could emulate the success of last year? None of those have trialled as yet.Add possibly Western Power who trialled 2 weeks ago.

Comments

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Superstorm and Inspirational Girl already with Danny O’Brien as has been pretty widely reported.  Bob has stated in a few interviews the rest will stay here.  Western Empire has the railway at his mercy I would think.  

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Wow OK, didn't read about the other two but haven't been that interested in my defence.
    Wonder why no return for the team maybe Bob is jaded from a few going amiss recently.

Do you know then mate is Pikey planning on going over or?
    Haven’t heard re Pike but you’d think he would have first refusal and will depend on borders and what other rides he can drum up over there.  
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    danny o'b might have ollie or williams in mind for his good ones.
    Heard him on the radio say the programming of the horses is up to Bob so I’m sure Bob will get his choice of hoop as well.  Be interesting to see who rides Superstorm in the Lawerence next week, Bob has gone with Lane or Zahra previously when Pike is not available.  
    Sorry Lawrence is 2 weeks away still.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Didn’t think Bob would ever send a horse to O’Brien again,after the debacle in 2008
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    Bob seems to go with the flavour of the month with the over east trainers. When weir was flying, he had horses. Waller the same. Danny wins a Melb cup and a few group ones and gets a horse or two
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Bob has always switched camps to who's teams firing W.A-or Vic until . last 5+ years he has settled with durrant &williams. ---, Remember when Bob went to G.D.Harper stables when he was winning alot races in the west memory fading but they was a horse called Mobile Link that won 5 or 6 in a row not sure when it went to melbourne did Bob still own it may have been sold for 150k. to harpers clients? at the time. --His horses have won 6.5mil. with the williams in there melb starts sure he would be in front doing it that way.

Probably he believes only the two can cut the mustard this year.& not worth setting up over there .regards--- Superstorm& Inspirational. Girl
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    those two might just be enough, STG. bob has got probably one of the best equine brains in the world.

savethegame likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Superstorm might win a handicap run to suit last day of Spring Carnival the mile race would be one suitable target Inspirational girl the 2000m Group 1 for mares over the carnival should suit her.
    Not helping that Obrien has had something like 1 winner from last 50 runners cant carry mine with those stats.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    goose said:

Superstorm might win a handicap run to suit last day of Spring Carnival the mile race would be one suitable target Inspirational girl the 2000m Group 1 for mares over the carnival should suit her.

Not helping that Obrien has had something like 1 winner from last 50 runners cant carry mine with those stats.

Inclined to agree,be happier with last year’s arrangement,rider as well.

edited August 2021
    goose said:

Don’t think a 2000m Mares group 1 exists does it? Empire rose is 1600m and has the new 1 million dollar bonus attached if you can win a lead up.  I actually think it may change the plans for Inspirational Girl though.  Second up you would think the Makybe Diva is the obvious but there’s a 1400m mares race that the winner qualifies for the bonus.  Thrown a spanner in the works for those who took the early Makybe Diva odds such as myself!

Either way I really think she’s a Flemington horse, have a look at her replays.  She always seems to just be holding her ground on the bend and then explodes once she straightens.  She will eat up the big straight

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts

goose said:

Don’t think a 2000m Mares group 1 exists does it? Empire rose is 1600m and has the new 1 million dollar bonus attached if you can win a lead up.  I actually think it may change the plans for Inspirational Girl though.  Second up you would think the Makybe Diva is the obvious but there’s a 1400m mares race that the winner qualifies for the bonus.  Thrown a spanner in the works for those who took the early Makybe Diva odds such as myself!

Either way I really think she’s a Flemington horse, have a look at her replays.  She always seems to just be holding her ground on the bend and then explodes once she straightens.  She will eat up the big straight

I think (don’t hold me to it) you will get your money back as they are being a bit more generous nowadays with some of those “pre noms markets”. Would be nicer though if you have a big price and she goes that way.

She is the one out of the two for me.

&
    Gilgamesh said:

goose said:

I think (don’t hold me to it) you will get your money back as they are being a bit more generous nowadays with some of those “pre noms markets”. Would be nicer though if you have a big price and she goes that way.

She is the one out of the two for me.
    Yes they now give money back if not nominated.  Can anyone get to Bob and ask if they know they are going the Mares race please don’t dual nom?  Haha 

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    I've had $20.00 on Superstorm at an average of 192.00 on Betfair in the Caulfield Cup.  Early Spec bet. May not start in the race, and if not, I'll add the $20.00 to the 3 million I've destroyed in the last 55 years!!

Manchild, thefalcon likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts

I've had $20.00 on Superstorm at an average of 192.00 on Betfair in the Caulfield Cup.  Early Spec bet. May not start in the race, and if not, I'll add the $20.00 to the 3 million I've destroyed in the last 55 years!!

Haha, you are ahead at the moment on that bet so that is the main thing!

bookielover likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Pikey is only talking about going over for the Spring carnival depending on the current Covid situation.
    So would do a 3 week smash and grab starting Caulfield cup day and back after the final day of Melbourne Cup week, would get support from a few trainers you would think. 

Bloody shame Bob won't have horses like Truly Great and Arcadia Queen over there potentially kicking some ****.Not sure how Superstorm is going to go really, Inspirational Girl looks a decent to good prospect though i liked the set up last year with team Williams steering things albeit a considerably bigger contingent of horses went over.

Anyone ever hear any more about Showmanship, did they persist with rehabilitating him or was he retired from racing?