G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members
R1- MY FURY was excellent first up in Saturday 3yo grade. Was coming off a 450m trial into an unsuitable 1000m trip but picked up really well late to finish third behind The Front Bar. Last start was straight to 1300 when a short priced favourite but hit a flat spot like she did first up but again hit the line late for second. Sticks to 1300 here and drawn the outside of a small field can drop back to last and hopefully get wound up a little earlier. Parnham on may just make the difference.

R2- RED FIFTY THREE has been trialling well for his debut. His first trial in April was behind a smart one in Ponyo and jumped well there before sitting just off the leader and finding the line well. At his recent trial he jumped well and crossed from a middle draw, rolled along and found when asked to win in slick time beating Beloved Star who looks hard to beat on Thursday. Wide draw makes things tricky but he looks capable of crossing down to at least the breeze and looks to have these covered ability wise.

R3- LOVE DRUNK BABY looks to have furnished into a nice horse after a long spell. Had one run back in November off a couple of handy trials and did a little bit wrong but still got within 1L of Mercanto in third. Is now with the Pearce team and was really good in a recent trial. Jumped well before being grabbed hold of to sit deep but extended nicely under pressure in the straight. Didn’t beat much but the manner of the win was impressive and draws to get a soft run close to the speed here.

R4- BLUE HORSE is a mare who seems to appreciate backing up. Was brilliant in winning two back when racing five days after a mid prep trial. Sat last and was bolting on the turn and let down to win by 2.5L eased down. Last week didn’t get the right race shape when sitting last between horses off a crawl but still hit the line well. Gets to 1400 in a race where they should get along at a reasonable tempo and draws to sit back without getting boxed in. Hard to knock the Maley team at the minute.

R5- YULONG EARTH is not an easy horse to catch but this looks the kind of race he could pinch. Draws low in a race where they should really get along behind Elafella and Run D’affaire Run. His fresh record is very good especially when you consider he almost could’ve won the other two if he had gone straight. Went straight under pressure in both his recent trials and his latest was good when travelling into it before being chopped out. This looks a nice starting point for him.

R6- CITY CIRCLE continues to race deep into a preparation which is impressive for such a lightly framed mare. Has perhaps been a little stiff to bump into Wilchino at each of her last three but has been good behind her in fast run races. Strikes a much weaker race here and draws to get a soft run leaders back or even leading if nothing wants to cross. From there she’ll run another honest race and deserves to pick one up before she retires.

R7- Best Bet: SEE YA CHAMP is becoming a magnet for bad luck but is bursting to win one. Has been over racing a bit early in her races so think the blinkers coming off is a positive as is the reengagement of Harvey. Went close behind Tena Koutou four back before a string of luckless runs including last start when unable to get out until late but hitting the line hard for a close up fourth. Will again need luck from one but think she can sit a touch closer here and Harvey is the right man to make some luck.

R8- MARLINI has really found form her last three. Sat close in a fast run race behind Yangtze Rapids when fourth at $151 before leading and running around late at 1400 in a handy class one field when fifth. Came back to 1200 last start and took a sit after jumping well. Was a race that was mostly dominated by those making wide runs from the back and she did a good job to pick up for a close fourth. Sticks to 1200 here but draws wide with an apprentice back on so should come out running which plays to her strengths.
+1 -1

Tucool, Chris likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited August 2021
    Love Drunk Baby has been gelded too which should only help his chances in r3, however I reckon the toppie Barantian is overs, back to 1200 may suit better(admittedly this is a query)they should be less likely to lead at the shorter trip so Pont can take a sit hopefully lands in position A.
    Should be pretty fit off the 2 spaced trials and the 1400 run am not too worried about the 5 week break, that may be a plan to get some zip back in his legs..is well worth a spec at $20+
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    R4 Alimentaria
    R6 Jaguar Grey
    R7 Tumivet
    R8 Double Demerits
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Rc7- Dads Bigheaded should be too good for this lot.
    Rc8- Just Peachy will have the ideal conditions and out wide will be the place to be.
    Lady Is A Vamp firms $7 into 3.80 for race 3 i have noticed.
    Track may deteriorate with some rain around which could suit her but i won't be saving at that price i don't think..soft ground also shouldn't hinder my roughie.
  • ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Little e/w job on  Black Fantasy  

thefalcon likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited September 2021
    Gee Alementaria should have run third there. Surely young Dhuran gets a tap on the shoulder there for sitting up.  :-O
  • ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    E/w Block of land in the next. . 
  • SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    Love seeing small trainers with few horses have success like Peter lynch in the last today

Voodoo, jum, thefalcon likes this post.

edited September 2021
    jum said:Gee Alementaria should have run third there. Surely young Dhuran gets a tap on the shoulder there for sitting up.  :-O

Certainly did and
    Dhurine cost me a juicy all up place. Deserves a lot more than a tap on the soldier.
    In addition why did he have to ride it so hard so early? Pity he didn't ride it so hard to the line.

jum likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts

jum said:

Gee Alementaria should have run third there. Surely young Dhuran gets a tap on the shoulder there for sitting up.  :-O

Certainly did and Dhurine cost me a juicy all up place. Deserves a lot more than a tap on the soldier.
    In addition why did he have to ride it so hard so early? Pity he didn't ride it so hard to the line.

The comments under the race results in CRIS said that he pleaded guilty to not riding it out, so i presume he is in strife. What the penalty will be is now the question.

jum likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Flanders said:

jum said:

Certainly did and Dhurine cost me a juicy all up place. Deserves a lot more than a tap on the soldier.

The comments under the race results in CRIS said that he pleaded guilty to not riding it out, so i presume he is in strife. What the penalty will be is now the question.

He got 7 days, should be 28
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts

Love Drunk Baby has been gelded too which should only help his chances in r3, however I reckon the toppie Barantian is overs, back to 1200 may suit better(admittedly this is a query)they should be less likely to lead at the shorter trip so Pont can take a sit hopefully lands in position A.

Should be pretty fit off the 2 spaced trials and the 1400 run am not too worried about the 5 week break, that may be a plan to get some zip back in his legs..is well worth a spec at $20+
    Yes backed Baranthian at W34 and P5.50 heart gave a flutter when he pulled out a good run regardless will have one Northam bet on the Pontiff today driving out on a cold and wet miserable day for one ride!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yankee said:

Yes backed Baranthian at W34 and P5.50 heart gave a flutter when he pulled out a good run regardless will have one Northam bet on the Pontiff today driving out on a cold and wet miserable day for one ride!
    Yep he ran quite ok kicking myself i didn't seek better odds the drum on betfair , i would entertain another crack at him next start as 1st and 2nd look handy enough gallopers and he maybe didnt love the pretty soft ground.
    edited September 2021
    With no Sparkling Jewel to hold off late(and in the same race as Ponty's mount)R5 Traded Crown today could be the day the maiden status is broken.Throw that in a quinella if your having one @Yankee
    edited September 2021
    AbbysAce said: Flanders said: SLIPPERGOLDEN said: jum said:Gee Alementaria should have run third there. Surely young Dhuran gets a tap on the shoulder there for sitting up.  :-OAbby Quote:7 days should be 28 

28 MONTHS