G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 10 Non Members

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    thefalcon said:

^^ careful thunder... [-X

What concerns ye Falc? going the reverse way? Caulfield? 
    The step up to 1800 is perfect i think there isn't much to worry him, unsure about betting though because he is now into 1.80...goddamit!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Would Incentivise get any (if any) penalties for tomorrows win going forward for the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup?
    edited September 2021
    Would Incentivise get any (if any) penalties for tomorrows win going forward for the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup?

Confident are you? lol
    To be honest i'm not 100% sure but i thought with WFA you didn't? though maybe that's only after weights are released WFA wins are exempt? He only has a rating of 82 at the moment.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

To be honest i'm not 100% sure but i thought with WFA you didn't? though maybe that's only after weights are released WFA wins are exempt? He only has a rating of 82 at the moment.
    Will be a lot higher after tomorrow  :D

Arapaho likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'm sure WFA races are exempt from any penalty, but if he wins tomorrow his rating will skyrocket.
    its been a huge plunge, opened on monday at $11, now odds on. dunno if the bookies are shite scared or has it been an avalanche of cash.
    i know he's brained them in qld..but what has he beaten? tomorrow he meets some very, very good wfa horses AT wfa, which has always been a great leveller. 
    all will be revealed at 2.50pm tomorrow....
    3.90 now Falc but yes heavily backed, i'm also on the fence about him winning at 1600 tomorrow. 
    Mo'unga, Aegon is a gun at 1600, Tofane could be but on trial at the trip, Inspirational Girl will be better tomorrow..by far the best gallopers he has met several are genuine group 1 horses those 4 should provide serious competition if not beat him.

Will be a ripper race for sure though, amongst some specials running at Flemington  B-)
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    thefalcon said:

i'm sure WFA races are exempt from any penalty, but if he wins tomorrow his rating will skyrocket.

its been a huge plunge, opened on monday at $11, now odds on. dunno if the bookies are shite scared or has it been an avalanche of cash.
    i know he's brained them in qld..but what has he beaten? tomorrow he meets some very, very good wfa horses AT wfa, which has always been a great leveller. 
    all will be revealed at 2.50pm tomorrow....

Any race win, before Cup weights are declared (this year weights to be released on 14th September) can mean a horse can get a higher handicap rating which means more weight for the Cup

However, once weights are released/declared, only handicap wins can attract a weight penalty for a winner, if any. No wins at WFA can attract a weight penalty after original Cup weights have even released.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yep thought that was the case thanks PC

PC likes this post.

Inspirational Girl has been scratched what a shame.
    ^^ any reason given?
    thefalcon said:

^^ any reason given?

Elevated temp. so not serious thankfully, still a shame as she likely would have run well.
    @Coolth is seeking sponsorship from Dairy Farmers...looks to have a big milktank capacity  :P
    Giddyup @skids... $3.30 was decent enough overs which is what i got :D

SKIDS likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Won with a leg in the air.

One more run before the Invitation, probably The Golden Pendant.... loving the 10's I got in the Invitation.

oldhendo, Arapaho likes this post.

Cats Central @Flemington fn Typical.....
    edited September 2021
    Anamoe baby!! :x ILY JMAC
    This week my all-in watch horses for Saturday and likely early bets are Verry Elleegant in the George Main(the boosted $2.90 available is overs)and Nonconformist in the Naturalism at Caulfield.Things don't often go right for this bloke a win is well overdue and he loves Caulfield, odds for his race will be available around midday.

SENSATIONAL edition of the Shorts looms at Randwick with a possible field of

Nature Strip 2.50, Masked Crusader 3, Rothfire 4.50, Eduardo 6, Lost And Running 7, Gytrash 11 and September Run an extremely decent sprinter who is $26 that's how hot the field is.
    LOTS of speed Masked Crusader stalks and goes bang late? Gytrash will stalk too not 100% on him being a true G1 horse but still very good and has beaten NS.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    A Timeform rating of 122 for Incentivise for winning the G1 Makybe Diva Stakes. Runner-Up was Mo'Unga got a Timeform rating of 121 (career best rating) and Sir Dragonet posted a Timeform rating of 120 when finishing 3rd.

Reference:

https://www.racingandsports.com/news/timeform/timeform-news/2021-09-13/timeform-recap-2021-makybe-diva-stakes/559441
  • ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    Spring over for Inspirational Girl
    Bob leaning to bringing, her home.
    Bummer, lately he has had some bad luck.

This week my all-in watch horses for Saturday and likely early bets are Verry Elleegant in the George Main(the boosted $2.90 available is overs)and Nonconformist in the Naturalism at Caulfield.Things don't often go right for this bloke a win is well overdue and he loves Caulfield, odds for his race will be available around midday.

Am on VE @2.90.
    Nonconformist opened at $8 and is steady which to me is a decent price but Sportsbet won't boost up idk why, there is money for Degraves the import(which is typical) and Tralee Rose 2nd up is 5.50 fav.Think i will watch on this time(and likely kick myself later for doing so) 
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited September 2021

Bummer, lately he has had some bad luck.

No doubt he has but surely this is over conservatism?  A temperature spike is not a campaign ending issue, perhaps it makes the Cox plate out of reach but surely the Empire Rose is still there after a week or so let up?

Back here I can’t see a railway on the cards with the weight she would get so it’s the Kingston Town where he will likely have Western Empier, Regal Power and probably a couple of 3yo which includes Arcadia Grace who if shecan get there they’re all probably running for 2nd anyway
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    He has also said she was unlikely for the Perth carnival
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    White bridle with wh
    tony said:

He has also said she was unlikely for the Perth carnival

Obviously bigger issues at the core.....

thefalcon likes this post.

i fear you may be right, voodoo.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    jum said:

Will be a lot higher after tomorrow  :D
    Was a pretty big jump in ratings  @-)

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Couple of good bets at Newy today :

Great News in the Tibbie Stakes she is due and the barrier is less crapola today and,
    Harpo Marx in the cup this horse is absolutely flying, the downgrade in jockey due to covid is the only concern though he just gets back runs on so expect his style suits newy with its nice long straight.
  • ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    be wary the old grey is flying too
    Both went schitthouse  :-q

Arapaho likes this post.