G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Comments

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    The tempo of the race (Slow) early and middle stages gave both horses little chance of getting into it, especially when they where 2nd last and last coming to the corner and leaders ran home in 33.91 on a slow track,actually thought Harpo did a good job to finish where he did.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yeh bit harsh on later review of the times, double whammy as i thought Great News had every chance in the previous race.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Big Boy Roy will be winning in Sydney today
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    edited September 2021
    The Group 2 Shorts Stakes, 1100m at Randwick is the best race in Australia today and the best sprint race in the world today.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    PC said:

The Group 2 Shorts Stakes, 1100m at Randwick is the best race in Australia today and the best sprint race in the world today.

And will be one by the worlds best sprinter today  <:-P
    I reckon Atishu can win the Bill Ritchie, am contemplating having a spec bet pre race for the epsom too on this ex kiwi.

Shorts should be a cracker @Jum i wonder if your referring to NS or Masked Crusader? i love the latter as a horse...particularly at 1200.

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    I Spelt Won wrong  :-&  :D
    Nature Strip mate

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Does look like he has maybe eradicated that ability he had to be a bit non genuine fresh but i reckon MC can do him at 1200, however it's just as likely in the Everest something else will jump up out of the ground and beat them both lol
    If your punting at Caulfield hope you followed the form from race 1 into He's A Balter R2.
    1st and 2nd ran 3rd and 4th to him last start..horse is flying and won easily and S.P'd $7.50 :D

No knock J Kah but Meech jumps on and is 2/2.
    Good dour win Atishu, looking for further as she is a 2000m winner in NZ.I got on at $36 for the Epsom looks a lightweight hope on form here to date.
    2.90 Verry Elleegant is STEALING :x
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee that Nature strip is  the most over rated horse in Australia.

:))
    From laughing to crying Nonconformist $8 all in goes fn begging.... =((
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

Never back him your ticket comes with a death adder wrapped around  it  his been beaten 11 times as favourite 5 of those times he has been odds-on in  his 32 starts.---Superstar for the owners 8 million  in stakes sure sometimes they get the super mixed up with the coolant.

Still mantain one of his best runs when he ran fourth.to Yes Yes Yes when he had to do a job on redzel he ran the first 800m 44.91    beaten 1.3l. in track record time 1.07.32. which will stand for a long time.
    No spoils pricewise with the two favourites in the big Group 1's next Saturday, will search for some value in the 2nd tier races at either Sandown(like it as the alternate option for the Underwood big track, long straight)or Rosehill.

Zaaki who knows what price he will be after Incentivise drops out? has firmed again into 1.70 right now...
    edited September 2021
    A few all in prospects i've spotted pending markets coming out,

Sydney : Entriviere, Sword Of State also a Jamie Richards galloper and Imaging not 100% sure he is back from melbourne though, if yes the Shannon 1500m suits perfectly.

*omitted one for Rosehill, Forgot You in the Gloaming it looks a very suitable race, again an assumption only that he will race there.

Melbourne : just the one caught my eye and might be shortish, Zouzarella is having her guineas lead up run in the J Moloney stakes looks a great chance.Little wary of the track conditons for Sandown a bit of rain is forecast this week so it's more likely to be soft ground there but not too bad.
    Aside from a couple of all in bets for Saturday i've had a spec punt on Rhinoceros today in the Derby trial..is around $15/17 now which is still a nice price, his Sandown run was a decent win and the stable has a couple of decent gallopers in their small team.
    I boosted to $22 and bet e/w.Think he will be thereabouts with even luck in the run and doesn't necessarily have to lead.
    Also thinking i'm on board @ The Inferno train, he may need a bit of luck friday night staying at the 1000 again, hopefully will get enough pace on to finish all over them again.
    edited September 2021
    ^^  :-@  lol yes we get it this upsets you and maybe other PTT'ers too idk but each to their own.

My take is this, i LOVE Zaaki and although he is getting into very short quotes now he has been a FILL UP horse for me and plenty of others.Call me a non purist i guess but just as a punter i like winning money more than worrying about why he is beating up on our "staying" types.
    Verry Elleegant may give him a run, Mo'unga unsure if he is going that way but could too doubtful Probabeel can myself.
    So the ranks are a bit light on, i dont care because this means Zaaki does look the Cox winner and 2.80 is available right now quite likely a great bet.

B-)

jum likes this post.

edited September 2021
    Moonee Valley Tips tonight.

2. Lombardo - smashed the clock and the opposition last start gets a 4kg weight drop for the class rise.
    3. Forgot You - needs the speed on, charges late again if this occurs.
    5. Curran - Trialled like a jet, as did the winner Brooklyn Hustle(R7)
    6. Homesman - Loves the Valley and there are no Zaaki's in this field.
    7. The Inferno and Brooklyn Hustle - backing both hoping they will be storming late off a hot tempo, they usually zoom along in this race. *$18 for BH is quite juicy odds really.

Smash-up and in 1.9.34 at the Valley is decent going, after missing the jump too.Great ride by young Alana Kelly also when plan A fell over.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Brooklyn Hustle$18 into $6.50 and runs last. Must have known I was on the $18
    H-BOMBER said:

Brooklyn Hustle$18 into $6.50 and runs last. Must have known I was on the $18

ran off the track quite weird....The Inferno went well, group 1 quality maybe a tick off a few absolute guns.

Good night for me 3 winners , 2 seconds.

Great to see Shane Nichols the battler get a group 2 winner in the last, she goes good that mare So You Assume has won 5 of her last 8 starts.
    About time you rode a fn winner JMAC!!
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Auckland Cup has been downgraded from a Group 1 to a Group 2

https://www.racing.com/news/2021-09-26/news-industry-auckland-cup-loses-group-1-status
    edited September 2021
    Will be interesting to see which way a couple of very good horses go this week.Verry Elleegant is she off to Melbourne for the Turnbull or staying in Sydney for the Hill stakes at Randwick and Mo'unga again staying for the Turnbull(more likely i heard)or the Epsom.