G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    As predicted, Hill shoots a 78. I went to sleep when he had 4 holes to go and +2. I thought to myself kid he can get back to even par it would be a good effort. Wake up and see he went par, bogey, double bogey and bogey on literally the easiest holes on the course. .

Safe to say my tournament is over already!

Will try find some value for the last round later on.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Calum Hill doing Calum Hill things.

4 birdies in the first 6 holes today :))
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Needs a 66 at least to make the cut though yeh? 
    Yeah he is at +3 with 6 holes to play. Needs to at least birdie the last 2 holes and another to be safe-ish

Coming down the last and Hill is at +1

I hate it when im right (re the erratic-ness). A birdie will see him shoot 78 and 66 and miss the cut
    Had a sneaky $25 on Kaymer vs Cabrera Bello to tie in the last round at 8.50
    They tee off in an hour
    :-q
    Well done to Billy Horshal who made the trip over and backed up after last week in the Tour Championship to win the BMW International, 1 shot clear of the sentimental hope Kiradech Aphibarnrat. Horshal is the second winner of the event with Arnold Palmer.

It's easy after the event of course, but he did perform as well, if not better than Hovland at the Tour Championship. Sometimes we shouldn't ignore the obvious. But looking for value can always blind.

Hard to know how Horshal isn't a part of the US Ryder Cup team. He is World Match play champion in 2021 and had an extremely solid year. But as we know it isn't always down to ability

This week back in the US we have the Fortinet Championship at Napa California and then it's the big one, the RYDER CUP.

\:D/

detonator likes this post.

Here we go again. A new season of the US PGA is upon us. 

The starting point this year is the Fotinet Cha,mpionship at Silverado Resort and Spa. An absolute pictue of a course where you can view each hole at https://www.pgatour.com/

Bit of a no brainer here where looking for value is just not worthwhile. That is because of one man, Jon Rahm, who has decided to have a little pipe opener before next weeks Ryder Cup. Not much to go into here but to say he really should win this by panels. Currently $5, while short for golf, represents the lengths this man has on the field. There may be some value in playing a first round leader bet or a dual forecast (first two any order). A couple of outsiders in the field to watch this week are Kevin Na ($21) and Marc Leishman ($46). Suggested plays

Dual forecast 
    Rahm/Na at $51 - $15
    Rahm/Leishman at $101 - $10

Rahm first hole birdie (Par 4 - Hole 10** longest par 4 on the course at 385 metres. Driver short iron in for him) at $4 - 25
    Rahm first round leader @ $11 - $25
    Rahm outright @ $5 - $25

Spend $100
    And for the European tour. Played in the Nederlands for the Dutch Open, this is a very wide open event (as they all are!)

Again, not going into all the boring details, I have decided on a main play and a spec bet. The two players I like for this wee are Andrew "Beef" Johnston and Mathias SchmiD.

Beef played very well last week, finishing close up behind eventual winner Horshal and was there when the whips where cracking. Hes shown when he can go the 4 days he can put 4 decent rounds together, last week he finished T6. 

My spec will be on Schmid, who is playing as a professional after turning pro not long ago. He finished solidly with a T9 last week in the Big Green Egg German challenge last week. I think he a long value play

Bets suggest

Beef outright $23 - $20 win
    Schmid outright $81 - $5
    Schmid FRL $81 - $5

Beff Top 20 at $2  - $20

Spend $50

edited September 2021
    Schmid shoots -4 with a double bogey and 6 birdies.

Beef shoots a solid -1.

Leader currently at -6 in Europe
    Update. Beef is now showing as carding a -2. He bogies the first hole but has been changed to a par?
    Oh dear, Jon Rahm sticks it to 6 feet on his first hole and misses the putt for birdie =((
    Rahm finishes even par and currently 7 off leader Reavie. I watched until hole 11 where he was -1. Had plenty of birdie opportunities but missed them all!! Apparently he has had a stomach bug and missed a few practice rounds leading up?I'm annoyed at myself for not seeing that info, may account for why he was $5 and not $2.50. Hopefully he's right for Rd 2

Na finished on -3 while Leishman is -1 through 12 holes
    Could not have read the Fortinet championship any worse. Rahm just out to blow out the cobwebs it seems and misses the cut on -1. He now gets the weekend off to prepare for the Ryder cup. In hindsight this was always the danger.

Over in Europe not to much his with main pick Johnston also missing the cut. Outsider Schmid solid at -7 and 5 behind the lead but at least have something to cheer for the weekend
    My man Schmid shoots a bogey free 65 to be 3rd at -14.

Unfortunately Broberg who shot 64 on Friday came out and shot an unbelievable 61 which puts him at -23, 8 shots ahead.

At least Schmid made the final grouping so I'll be able to watch, but they are all playing for second barring an absolute meltdown form the leader.
    Schmid making a move. Now 5 behind....11 holes to play
    Now 4 behind....9 holes to play. Has made up 5 shots on this 9
    Oh it's on like donkey Kong now. Schmid with eagle putt while Broberg is in the bush dead....hole 13
    Oh wow. Broberg on massive trouble duff's it in the rough, has a drop, duff's it short and then holes it for a 6 when he was looking at 8..

Schmid lags his eagle putt for a birdie. Margin now 2 on the 13th hole
    Haha and right on cue Schmid hits out of bounds on the par 3 . Farken hell I love this game
    And now Broberg on the water at 14!! This is insane. 4 shots in it after a double for Schmid on 13
    Rollercoaster of golf betting continues hey mate...frustrating asf as i found in just a few starts recently.More teases to follow in this round too i bet.
    Been unbelievable. That double will haunt Schmid as he is 3 behind coming to the last. Broberg misses that chip and it's very different. He nailed a long par putt on 16 and a decent sized birdie on 17 so he has earned it.

Still, Schmid is way down the 18tj and can go for the green in 2. Broberg left...anything could happen, I'm expecting it won't though
    Well done to Broberg, wins by 3 shots ahead of Matthias Schmid. Absolute rollercoaster of a last round and again proves the unpredictable nature of the great game.

In the end a big fat zero across both the tournaments but exciting nonetheless and on the right track (sort of).
    Across the tournaments this season (2 euro and 1 US)

Unit =$10

Spend - 22.5 units

Collect - 0 units

:-q
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Haha. I was reading your posts Bomber.
    Sounds like it was a real roller coaster.
    Golf betting can be like a slow death sometimes.
    I will be gearing up up for the Ryder Cup. Can't wait.

Schmid and Leishman both secure top 10 finishes Seeing them right just need to review the betting. Hindsight a wonderful thing but I got suckered into Rahm. #-o
    edited September 2021
    Rahm clearly top shelf but COSTLY as in the last month or so.

Haha. I was reading your posts Bomber.
    Sounds like it was a real roller coaster.
    Golf betting can be like a slow death sometimes.
    I will be gearing up up for the Ryder Cup. Can't wait.

This is very true they almost or do keep you interested yet ultimately it ends up a woftam LOL