G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Boulder Cup Day

West Australian Racing
Good luck finding track bias. They have led and won. They have sat back and wide and won. They have box seated and won. Well done to the track staff  =D>

Comments

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Media Baron nice cup trial..

hash, Voodoo, Arapaho likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Friar Fox :x

savethegame, Arapaho likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited September 2021
    Buddy123 said:

Media Baron nice cup trial..

Gets clear running when needed he arguably wins today #getpontyon nah she was a tad unlucky the jock but all jesting aside i wonder when Paul last rode in Kal?
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Friar Fox was a great bet yesterday

savethegame, H-BOMBER, Arapaho likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    Gee Yoyo's gave Pike a torrid time yesterday,
    going by its antics in the race, its well named,
    lucky to not come down

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Yep yo-yo seemed to pig root down the back straight there somewhere..
    Boulder cup 2 n half seconds slower than last year one..
    Quite a few lengths..
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    you're right thunder, a couple more strides and media baron wins. harvey on for the cup?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

thefalcon said:

you're right thunder, a couple more strides and media baron wins. harvey on for the cup?

Would be a good move i think Falc, assuming he wants to venture up there?..rides plenty of horses for DH and won a few races on the Baron last year.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought what ever happened she was going to get the run of the race,had my bet prior to meeting- her card shows she's lover of dry &; fast tracks plus her previous trips; to the kalg ; hadn't missed place in features slight negative prior to the meeting starting it was shown as soft but was changed. Upgraded to good.

Talk about riding a yoyo perfect description. You thought it had seen the Charles Street Ghost but it only comes out in the dark.Dont think Willie be putting the handup to ride that again

Pontiff has won 5 Hannans Hcp. Kalgoorlie Cup is always a bad fit regards weights and the clash with metro meeting
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    I was on Bella's Idol. Thought it was home. The grey was unlucky. Would have made it very interesting if it got out earlier.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Rodent said:

I was on Bella's Idol. Thought it was home. The grey was unlucky. Would have made it very interesting if it got out earlier.

It seems to have happen again Rodent
    png
    png
    PHOT.png
    edited September 2021

Pontiff has won 5 Hannans Hcp. Kalgoorlie Cup is always a bad fit regards weights and the clash with metro meeting

Stand alone meeting for Cup day i'm pretty sure, the weight could be the issue though as i think he will only get 54 which Pont doesn't ride at, though has ridden Iseered Iseered at 55..this might be the problem even if he wanted to head up there.
    Seems like the ride could be his or Smokin Joe's who may want to jump off Living The Dream, whom i don't even know if they will progress with up in distance again.

savethegame likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Arapaho said:

lucky to not come down

Footage of the incident below… looked like the horse was attempting some sort of breakdancing move :P

https://twitter.com/roycee28/status/1439477945660166145?s=21

savethegame, Arapaho likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    The Boston Twostep. ---Most senior riders ride with there toe in irons style----Willie Pike riders with most of his feet firmly in the irons. Great vision for apprentice school.where they are encouraged to ride on the ball of there feet later with experience can switch to the toe in iron style with permission.

That vision if Pike was toe only style ?? the contact was minimal to the horse on his outside, but have seen bumps in running where riders lose a iron. because of toe only style

Darren Beadman rode with his feet firmly in the irons style didn't stop him becoming a champion.

But alot jockeys today believe they are safer riding with their toe in the iron. removes the chance of getting hung-up.if a horse whips etc..See most rapid dismounts are required in mounting yards racedays..Old jocks used to say ride longer-live longer.

thefalcon, Arapaho likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    Re Yoyo's  Slowing vision down frame by frame, looks like it may have attempted to kick horse to its outside, thus losing its balance.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    hash said:

Arapaho said:

lucky to not come down

Footage of the incident below… looked like the horse was attempting some sort of breakdancing move :P

https://twitter.com/roycee28/status/1439477945660166145?s=21

Kung Fu fighting?
    edited September 2021

Stand alone meeting for Cup day i'm pretty sure, the weight could be the issue though as i think he will only get 54 which Pont doesn't ride at, though has ridden Iseered Iseered at 55..this might be the problem even if he wanted to head up there.
    Seems like the ride could be his or Smokin Joe's who may want to jump off Living The Dream, whom i don't even know if they will progress with up in distance again.
    Won't start a thread yet but the Pontiff as hoped/anticipated will be riding Media Baron on Saturday in the cup, he got 56 kilos. So giddyup i say!  <:-P 
    A fairly paltry 9 horse field at this stage and a couple of average ones amongst them too....