Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi Chariots , The pool was 350 odd..in NSW Tab

Hi JJ, Or any one else, Where do you find pacers that have left Australia to race in the USA.. Thanks...
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Hi Sonny, go to harness.org (Australian Harness Racing website where yo get news, results, fields etc), click on the tab HRA and a greenish page appears, click on Industry Statistics and down the bottom is the list of horses exported on an annual basis. It sometimes takes a little while to update with the latest flights out but is pretty accurate.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Bonds have a positive I see
    Got it JJ. Thank you..

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

Bonds have a positive I see

Yep. Non Steroid Anti Inflam 
    Same as what Neesham had with Zaaki
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Interesting it was a trial swab
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    I hear they have been doing a few more swabs at trials in the last few months,
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Just on horses generally - i heard last  evening - on that ABC Radio Aust Wide  1 hour news show- that a horse has tested positive to that deadly Hendra virus - they actually mentioned Vic Rail - and all his horses which died - and a couple of vets 

The expert said -the big worry was where the horse was located - never had one located so far down south - Newcastle area . He said the bats - are harmless to humans - and they are vital to the eco system - great pollinators of this and that . But the bats will infect horses - which in turn will infect humans  
    Whats happening with Northam - just watched a replay of race 3 - Franco Hammond  the 9 beat the very short price fave easily - so it was 9 1 7 and 10 

Yet the AHR results page where i watched the replay - they  have the no 6  Rosa De Oro as the winner - with bodgy numbers for the lot 6 2 10 and 7 - and Franco Hammond listed as running 5th 

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

TAB has it all correct on 9,1,7 and 10. Ol Franco whacked some value into the first four and the early quaddie.

VillageKid likes this post.

Handy field wasn't it? Good luck with him, his Dad was all race horse.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    JayJay said:

Handy field wasn't it? Good luck with him, his Dad was all race horse.

Yes, I think it was as good a field as I have seen in the last10 years. As a son of Christian Cullen hopefully he can fill the void left by Alta Christiano.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Wheres Tony Svilicich these days?

And also was there an outcome of the Kevin Charles positive? Hearing was back in Sept but no word on rwwas site
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Another $26 winner for Hayden King in Star in Art.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    edited October 2021
    Soho cash just pushing out “gently” then proceeds to go backwards.

Pinballwizard, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Hmmm....no comment!!!!

Ivorytrunkey86 likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    JayJay said:

Hmmm....no comment!

JayJay said:

Awaiting Instructions

Family Quinella day at Collie,   race 1 Shannon and Emily (and Daniel completes the trifecta), race 2 Shannon and Emily again, race 3 Cody and Leo Wallrodt, race 4 Kyle and Donald and race 5 Shannon and Daniel.
    Emily wins the 6th in a solo performance but order restored in race 7 with Shannon and Emily getting the quinella and Daniel rounding out the trifecta. Wouldn't something like that too often.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
        Bathurst --Turnbulls  
    All 7 winners were "freelance" drives.
    JayJay said:

All 7 winners were "freelance" drives.

Which  is not good for country harness alot  blokes only trained a horse  because they could drive there own, which  was major attraction to the sport --- Think there would lucky to be three winners on any  given friday night at  G.P. that weren't driven by freelance drivers ..on a 10 race card
          --------DAYS GONE BY WHEN PUNTING  WAS EVERYTHING.--
    No information was forthcoming.--- Secret Sevice---  Trainers & Drivers & Jockeys loose lips sink ships attitude if you received a tip you were sworn to secrecy of its origin.

But when a horse got up with no money for it there was a common catch--cry from the opposition  its got up ''dead'' on them.

Can anyone remember the pacers name  that died early 90s-- August  17th  was hit by a road train and buried  in Kalgoorlie and  then won  a race 12 oct.----The only  one that did getup ''dead''.----

Inquiry resolved what had. transpired in previous 2 months.for this to occur.
    Nathan Jack - youd reckon he would be popping the champagne corks - County Court appeal - no case to answer - all 3 of them got off . It will be interesting to read the judgement why 

At times - just some times ( im not suggesting this case at all ) but it can be quite humorous when non  Trotting people on appeal boards etc give their reason why 

There was a case in Tassie - about 4-5 years back  - and the horse in question - was terribly performed - in its  prior say 12 starts - it had run last 10 times etc 

The race in question - the driver took off at the bell - 3 and 4 wide and sooled into the leaders - and obviously as a result finished a badly beaten last - as a result got 8-12 weeks for a totally unacceptable drive 

Went to appeal - and the tribunal chairman said look - this horse had finished last at 10 of its prior 12 starts - its finished last again - so whats the problem - all charges dismissed - hah 

Feeling confident - so ive put a stack of bets on for tonights meetings - looked at form guides at meetings all over the place - and as a result you can get a bit confused - like who was driving this - and who was driving that  etc 

Like  race 5 at Redcliffe  today - the 2nd horse - who drove it - was that  Stuart McDonald or perhaps Matty White - no im not sure actually 
    Last night - The Be Good Johnny Sprint - Group 3 at AP last night - well the race was named after a sensational horse - and  it was a sensational race - one of the best big races ive seen in a long time - and those type of races - is what gets harness racing into your blood and hooks you for life

And a giant tick to the AP track - every horse at the top of the straight had a chance to win - theve got a sprint lane - and it is a very good sprint lane - in that if you are good enough to win you can - as evidenced by the 80-1 pop sitting 3 pegs and running 2nd - however the horses out wide arent disadvantaged 

And a giant tick to Brittany Graham (  daughter of the legendary Darrel of course - who amongst other big race wins - won a Victorian Derby at Moonee Valley) on her audio  race by race preview show on TAB.Com - she tipped Rocknroll Icon in race 2 - at the $20 on offer - and she gave plausible reasons why it could win - and it  duly saluted - and i didnt back it by the way 

Its great Sat morning - and Sun morning for that matter ( re Tassie ) TAB.Com - re Syd/Melb/Bris/Hob - they have the audio preview of every race - they will tell you who is trialling well  - they will tell you how they think the race will be run - so you can listen to their thoughts - and read the form guide at  the same time -  and then look at the odds on offer -and most importantly it encourages you to bet 

Why dont Tab Touch have the same - Hayden King is a pretty good tipster - so each WA Trots meeting - there is the audi ( 90 seconds a race ) preview show - with Haydens tips - a simple thing to do - and it gets people  interested and betting 

Anyhow im going back to watch another replay of the Be Good Johnny Sprint  - i could watch it 20-30 times - and i still wouldnt get sick of it 

JayJay, freodockers likes this post.

There was a "head cam" video circulating around twitter of the Be Good Johnny race from the helmet of the horse that ran 2nd Kaneena Provlema.....compelling viewing, especially up the straight the last time. I think it originated from Brittany's Twitter feed.

Markovina, VillageKid likes this post.

Retirement for old mate Just Barney announced by Aussie Battler on twitter today. In many ways, standard bearers for the futile campaign against the HWOE/NBM initiative that has eliminated so many, both horse and human, that it was touted to be their salvation. Jeremy has done a marvelous job with Barney, I am sure he will be looked after like a king in retirement.

Markovina, curmudgeon, VillageKid, Betonme likes this post.