In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Cricket 2021/22

Sport

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2021
    Well done to the Aussies =D> they cruised to an 8 wkt win in the 19th over, 2/173 beating the Kiwi's 4/172.
    Warner another very handy 53, MOM Mitch Marsh a superb unbeaten 77 and a handy cameo by Maxwell finishing unbeaten on 28.

AUSTRALIA are World Cup T20 champions.

cisco, jum likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    Shield update
    TAS 317 & 4/226 (chasing 315 to win) vs WA 9d/405 & 7d/226
    QLD 299 (Labuschagne 110, Street 87) vs SA
    NSW 233 & 7d/285 drew with VIC 271 & 4/91

Previous round
    QLD 6d/487 & 1d/132 d TAS 182 & 341
    VIC 9d/313 & 5d/248 d NSW 140 & 247
    QLD 129 & 246 lost to WA 281 & 3/95

cisco likes this post.

Watching the Front Bar(bloody good show imo)and the boys reminded me of another reason why my interest in cricket has waned..back in the day Mick Molloy was at the MCG for the Centenary test.."patrons are allowed to bring their own esky's into the ground however a can limit of 24 will be enforced  :)) 
    BBL starts tomorrow and whilst not a massive fan, much like golf(but way quicker)a bet or 2 makes it more watchable plus consuming cans.

Bet365 have a bonus feature all series if your team wins and hits at least 8 sixes up to an extra $100 is paid out and though "only" bonus bets it's an appealing extra.
    Glenn Maxwell's team is a good crew and they have surely the best slow bowler in T20 in Adam Zampa, even though not favs(Sixers own them lately with 5 straight wins)i'll be opening with a punt on his Melb. All Stars, hopefully he will be the big show rather than a no show as big show Maxwell hits around 4 of those 8 sixes I need to get a bonus.
    I have greened out the Stars squad is understrength for this game, Sixers are firming now right into 1.60 and will win lol.
    Sydney Sixers 4/213 l(7 sixes so were 1 short of the bonus)beat the Melbourne NO Stars all out for 61.Maxwell floundered but they were done before halfway anyway, Sydney were nearly 180 before they lost their 2nd wicket!

Glad I waited and checked the teams etc which is something I will do right before the start of play each time I want to bet.
    I'm on the Sixers again today drfited out a bit late to 1.80, still have a strong squad and big momentum and are batting first.Gogetem boys.
    LOL 4/26 these cheats have backed the opposition when they were 2.30 odd ... and right on the back of Kah getting blocked most of the straight R7 :-q :-q
    edited December 2021
    Never in doubt, were going like deadset C graders at 5-39 yet get to 144.
    Hurricanes flop to 8/130 in reply.

A good roast works sometimes :))

G-Mac likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    84 overs in 7 hours including 11 from their alleged spinner. Supposed to be 90 overs in a regular 6 hours of play. Pathetic. So much bullcrap goes on on the field, just play or fine them $100k and refund money to the spectators.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    What spectators ?  :))
    JayJay said:

84 overs in 7 hours including 11 from their alleged spinner. Supposed to be 90 overs in a regular 6 hours of play. Pathetic. So much bullcrap goes on on the field, just play or fine them $100k and refund money to the spectators.

Yep and how stuffing long now has it been going on 15/20 years probably more?
    Big joke alright 17 overs of slow bowlers probably took under or an hour neat so the other 67 took 6 hours!!
    Suspend them if fines aren't working, are they fining I don't even know.
    Though as above this bs has been going on for decades and they get off light always have..and the Aussies probably half as bad at times, maybe every team is guilty but it's just wrong.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Yep. aussies no saints in over rates. started with all pace attack of the West Indies walking back to their marks back on the boundary line at snail pace. Fines have done nothing. Get rid of all the extras running on to give them a drink every wicket, every change of over, replace batting gloves, change bat, change shoes, helmet on/helmet off, shifting the field every ball, waiting for the TV Ads to finish....it's become absolute rubbish.
    Bit hit and miss in the test team but I enjoyed Travis Head's ton, loved how pumped up he was when getting there too.

JayJay, cisco, jum likes this post.

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    I was quite surprised by the crowds at the Gabba. Starting on a Wednesday during a non holiday period and the match finishing early also. It's also hard to judge off the TV because of those multi coloured seats

Day 1: 30,723
    Day 2: 20,812
    Day 3: 28,016
    Day 4: 19,228

98,779 in 4 days when considering the above is not bad. Now all they have to do is get all of teh facilities onto the power grid and they will have an international class venue.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    I would have expected 30,000+ for every day G-Mac.....this was the 1st Test in an Ashes Series after all!

G-Mac likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Dave Warner could have a leg amputated and still his teammates would say he is right to go.
    Seriously the guy is struggling in the nets. Talk is he batted with or without pain killers.
    Is he that more valuable than sending in a fully fit replacement ?
    The focus on him is like he is Don Bradman. WTF
    @-)
    edited December 2021
    I'm a bit anti media/news unless sourcing info but i've heard not a thing Det, true story lol Struggling right now to even remember what the injury is(ribs?)... to answer your question he is quite important i.e who reliable can fill his spot? Openers are one area of cryptonite for us to a degree, anyway we shall see what happens later today, selecting an unfit player is risky for sure..
    I have bet Cummins to be best bowler for the match, he may not be alone in doing so but will excel in the day/night conditions i think.

Having a mini spell from BBL betting as my third bet on the Sixers lost, they won last night so their now 3/4 i'm 2/3.Maxwell was the big show with an easy 103 from 57 balls without any help virtually from any teammates.Philippe who is flying for the pink shirt team hit the winning runs with a six and ending up on 99 n.o, they won with 2 balls to spare.
    I think selectively the Sixers and probably the Scorchers so far(have missed a couple of opportunities with them already)are the two more reliable betting propositions, stars can do it hard to pick when Maxwell fires up though.Assume the comp is in a short break while the test is being played..
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited December 2021
    I'm a bit anti media/news unless sourcing info but i've heard not a thing Det, true story lol Struggling right now to even remember what the injury is(ribs?)... to answer your question he is quite important i.e who reliable can fill his spot? Openers are one area of cryptonite for us to a degree, anyway we shall see what happens later today, selecting an unfit player is risky for sure..
    I have bet Cummins to be best bowler for the match, he may not be alone in doing so but will excel in the day/night conditions i think.

Having a mini spell from BBL betting as my third bet on the Sixers lost, they won last night so their now 3/4 i'm 2/3.Maxwell was the big show with an easy 103 from 57 balls without any help virtually from any teammates.Philippe who is flying for the pink shirt team hit the winning runs with a six and ending up on 99 n.o, they won with 2 balls to spare.
    I think selectively the Sixers and probably the Scorchers so far(have missed a couple of opportunities with them already)are the two more reliable betting propositions, stars can do it hard to pick when Maxwell fires up though.Assume the comp is in a short break while the test is being played..

Cummins is out TS, deemed a close contact of an Adelaide covid case after going out to dinner last night.
    So much for their supposed bubble!

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

Yeh WAFJ this Covid must be a thing there is it? Well that sucks... weakens our chances of winning too, was it a pommy "contact" :D
    The old slow over chestnut continues..just 25 overs in the first session, on track around the same for the second leaving just 2 hours to bowl nearly 40 overs LOL.

Hope i dont jinx him but a great effort/knock by the sometimes maligned Davey Warner(i love him no knock from me)so far, starting to score after digging in hard for the first 35 overs.

cisco likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Hey Det how much has that injured bloke scored who shouldn’t be playing.
    LOL ????
    I'm blaming fn Hussey for the jonah, 2 tests in a row out in the 90's what a bummer.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    What did Hussey do.
    Heard them going on about something but didn’t get it.

LOL ????

He scored 95. 
    Australia currently are 2 for 202 which should have them at about 1.01 to win the game.
    Oh $1.44 WTF ??? The draw is $3.75 WTF ??? 
    Obviously a batters paradise. But “sand paper Davy” showed courage on that minefield.

(:|

What did Hussey do.

Just applied the mock literally 2 balls before he got out.
    detonator said:

LOL ????

He scored 95. 
    Australia currently are 2 for 202 which should have them at about 1.01 to win the game.
    Obviously a batters paradise. But “sand paper Davy” showed courage on that minefield.

If their 1.44? that's overs, load all up into that special in the Grand prix at Brissy on saturday Det!  :D
    edited December 2021

What did Hussey do.

detonator said:

LOL ????

He scored 95. 

If their 1.44? that's overs, load all up into that special in the Grand prix at Brissy on saturday Det!  :D
    I am not adverse from backing a shortie TS. But not taking $1.40 on a nag in Brisbane over 2100m unless it’s called Zaaki or Incentivise. 
    Bit gun shy after a few “bankers” have gone down lately. Port Louis yesterday  to name one.( I wasn’t on either)
    This English team is no good so $1.40 is better than bank interest. 

:D

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited December 2021
    detonator said:

What did Hussey do.

detonator said:

LOL ????

He scored 95. 

I am not adverse from backing a shortie TS. But not taking $1.40 on a nag in Brisbane over 2100m unless it’s called Zaaki or Incentivise. 
    Bit gun shy after a few “bankers” have gone down lately. Port Louis yesterday  to name one.( I wasn’t on either)
    This English team is no good so $1.40 is better than bank interest. 

:D
    Kinda joking and i see your point re this shorty tbf though P.L IS a pure cat(Gypsy Goddess is a winner)i was staggered to see that price yesterday yet i gather plenty took it #fnmad.

1.38 Aussies into GG 1.36 and the booster Far Too Easy(R7 Bris also)1.34 the drum(think it wins too but place is safe as) = a tick over 2 bucks fitty :P
    I will be watching your progress with interest TS.
    I hope for your sake I don’t get to hear one of your expletive rants come Saturday afternoon. Haha.

;)
    detonator said:

I will be watching your progress with interest TS.

I hope for your sake I don’t get to hear one of your expletive rants come Saturday afternoon. Haha.

;)
    me too lol will update here but High And Dry the drum r8 Flemington is a chance of going in too.Might shop around firstly Bet365 have better than average place odds generally i quoted Ttouch odds before.