G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    detonator said:

I would be more confident with Moody on it than Boss. 

Also as soon as I heard it was the Zipping I immediately thought Sandown.
    Caulfield has a reputation of “couldn’t handle Caulfield”.
    I am trying to talk myself out of backing this moral. Lol
    :-SS

So Det..I saw 2 potential Jonahs post declaring it even with a 140kg trainer riding..and then you said it's a moral FARRRKKKK me lol.
    I was never that confident from the and @1.55 maybe a little better available on boost I won't be "banking" my day around this horse, that's my 2 cents worth..your money good luck with the decision.

I do have a multi going with Ladbrokes already which may now be confetti lol not...

Spanish Mission
    Graceful Girl PL
    King Of Swing who is skinny but just wins and boosts the div by around 30%.
    edited November 2021
    There ya go fellas, Bossy's last ever ride will he go out a winner....
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Yes he will and now I am on !!!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Marshall is on and "moral" stated too, backed it as a win bet on that for sissy's let it ride concept... 

detonator said:

I would be more confident with Moody on it than Boss. 

Also as soon as I heard it was the Zipping I immediately thought Sandown.
    Caulfield has a reputation of “couldn’t handle Caulfield”.
    I am trying to talk myself out of backing this moral. Lol
    :-SS

So Det..I saw 2 potential Jonahs post declaring it even with a 140kg trainer riding..and then you said it's a moral FARRRKKKK me lol.
    I was never that confident from the and @1.55 maybe a little better available on boost I won't be "banking" my day around this horse, that's my 2 cents worth..your money good luck with the decision.

I do have a multi going with Ladbrokes already which may now be confetti lol not...

Spanish Mission
    Graceful Girl PL
    King Of Swing who is skinny but just wins and boosts the div by around 30%.
    I have chickened out on Spanish Mission. Too many variables for mine. Deane Lester threw in the “Caulfield factor “ and potential tactics of other horses to try and unsettle the fav.
    So on that basis it is a ……”GET OFF”.
    :-q

jum dislikes this post.

I think that may be a good move Det.Can definitely win but there are some variables indeed Ollie on Warning may well be that fly.In fact though i haven't deep dived yet Caulfield doesn't throw out a standout all day the best 2 of the other favs have drawn unfavourably in Decent Raine and Our Playboy.Like one in the lucky last Streets Of Avalon at WFA, in that company and at his fav track/distance looks a good e.w bet.

Reckon Secret Plan at Ascot who is near even money looks as good a bet as SM.

detonator likes this post.

I hate it when a horse is spruiked a week out as unbeatable. 
    Especially in a distance race. Combine that with a jockey who can be hit and miss.
    I can hopefully find another way to get a $1.55 chance home in other races.

:-B
    Yeh it can be annoying i hear ya, it's not impossible if there is a scratching that ill back Silent Sovereign the place again lol 

Quietish day maybe with Rosehill a BOG also..
    I've had a sighter on Snowden's one Ebhaar down from Sydney in R1 and will back up on Decent Raine R3, need the jock to find a good possie from the wide gate..

PC dislikes this post.

edited November 2021

Yeh it can be annoying i hear ya, it's not impossible if there is a scratching that ill back Silent Sovereign the place again lol 

I've had a sighter on Snowden's one Ebhaar down from Sydney in R1 and will back up on Decent Raine R3, need the jock to find a good possie from the wide gate..
    Listening to racing radio.
    Tommy Berry reckons Rebel Rama his best. That will be my only go in Sydney.
    All my eggs at Ascot. 
    Snowden talking up Ebhaar. Been sucked in by Snowden before. Will watch it go around.
    Good luck TS. As much as I enjoy your humourous “profanity rants” when things don’t go to plan I hope you back a few winners tomorrow.

;)

Thanks mate, you too...and yes i love a good "rant" lol

Not big on the 2 year olds as a rule but the trial in Syd was awesome and a jumpout the melbourne way very good according to that thunderbird dude Matt Welsh.
    Our Playboy later i've decided is a NO go also.

Think your right Ascot, dry fast track and a bit of luck with some drawn sticky is likely to be the way to go(whilst downing a decent few coldies)

May have a look at Berry's one, Collett rides one 1st up in R5 that can win in a small field of 6, Irish Angel, i have not monitored the weather there but the meeting could even get called off.

Couldn’t help myself with Ebhaar TS.
    Had $50 on the nose with the bonus bet running 2nd or 3rd as backup.
    Horse does look handy with a bit of upside I reckon.
    Good way to start the day. 
    =D>

She kicked back well and in good time mate! i bet her at $3 but on bet365, odds drift protector got the 3.60 thanks to them  :x

Rebel Rama had every conceivable but was a bit weak IMHO.

Yep am thinking about not betting at all there, will see how Decent Raine goes lol
    Bit unruly under pressure DR, she ran well nonetheless as they stacked up the field in front.

"Maybe" Lane on Yulong Command can do what Ollie did in the first and get over roll and kick, if Enthaaar wants to go nuts probably let her go, take a sit and nail her late..worth a punt i reckon.
    The old Mcneil double whammy gets me though Yulong meeow only ran third.Nearly cans o'clock time..
    Bloody glad i stuck with Irish Angel after a couple of speedbumps at Caulfield.
    Hold The phone Gately's late mail and it's a big scoop....
    Spanish Mission.
    Itsa cat, they have wasted their money lol
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Oh dear..........

savethegame likes this post.

A thankyou to Sportsbet who reminded me by text an hour ago that I won on Expat@Rosehill last prep..3/4 on the heavy and i got 4.60 was NEVER going to lose :D
    detonator said:

I hate it when a horse is spruiked a week out as unbeatable. 

Especially in a distance race. Combine that with a jockey who can be hit and miss.
    I can hopefully find another way to get a $1.55 chance home in other races.

:-B

Dodged that bullet. Thank phuck.
    Didn't see the race, and not even a place ?
    Be cheering home Elite Street later on.
    Go you good thing !!! [-O<
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    -----The most humble jockey who has ridden more winners than any other jockey in Australia has announced  his retirement  Robert  Thompson (R.T)  

P.C. his stats would keep you busy for a couple weeks  4447 winners (name them) ha .

Travelled  by car to race meetings  9.2million  kilometres est.

The best horse  he ever rode Romantic Dream remember Bart Cummings brought him over  he was 17-or 18  the headlines was in & around  Whiz Kid to Ride Romantic Dream, it won.

IT was one of the features   thinking it was a western mail classic without putting the doog bag under the guillotine?-----any remember what feature?

thefalcon, Arapaho likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i read the same article, STG, an amazing career. our hopes for a long and healthy retirement on his small cattle farm. a real "bushie" at heart.

Arapaho, savethegame likes this post.

One of racings gentlemen RT and maybe the best horseman to have ever steered one.
    Long and happy retirement indeed, do we reckon he might train 1 or 2 "hobby" horses? Fair chance I reckon.

Arapaho, savethegame likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    Romantic Dream won the 1977 Winterbottom beating a couple of real handy ones in Burgess Queen and Marjoleo.

savethegame, Thunderstruck, carey likes this post.

edited December 2021
    My early each way spesh in Mexico this weekend is High And Dry R1 at Pakenham, he has had 3 weeks off after the run on a bog so should be peaking here in a perfect grade of race for him.
    All 3 wins have been at this trip on good ground, young Matty Cartwright will be having the last crack at them late and his 2kg claim doesnt hurt either.
    Jamie Kah's mount looks a big danger but can she ride a winner her first Saturday race back? maybe..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Black Booker the Valley tonight for L Smith

Dance of Thunder #15 Race 6

$9
    edited December 2021
    Checking the results for Mornington I note Jamie's 2 return rides were both plunged..and ran 2nd oops..
    Also glad I'm not betting at the concrete graveyard tonite it has that flavour so far from the 3 races completed.

*Though i have just noticed Brownie did accept in race 5(good lead)instead of Pakenham tomorrow which will affect the 4.40 Winsum I took for him last night..might be able to double play these two