Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Straight from the horses mouth!

West Australian Racing

Comments

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    detonator said:

I stand corrected on this. 

If your are fully vaxxed you can still pass on a “weakened” version of Covid.
    If that is the case I would be **** if Willie walks in and gives everyone the full blown version as opposed to the weakened version. 
    Open to a second opinion on this ? And if you from Freedom W.A don’t bother responding.
    B-)
    Yes correct, when you are vaxccinated you  have a certain build up of anti-bodies if unvaccinated and catch covid you will carry a higher viral load.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    thefalcon said:

sorry wedge i meant to click the "like" logo.

curmudgeon, didn't you get immunised for polio and other nasties at school? no okays from mum and dad, just line up and get them. them were the days...
    :-\"
    The old Sabin sugar cube vaccine rid the South Pacific region of polio Falcon. Yes...my point was of course that the threat of individual diseases have always existed before vaccines were issued in my entire lifetime & this one is no different. A fair amount of paranoia is clouding judgement I think.

wedge likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Pikey is obviously a genuine nice bloke but I didn't feel sorry for him or miss him yesterday. He's made enough money from racing, mostly courtesy of Bob, and he's made his choice not to get vaxxed. 

As a result - Midnight Blue was $4.50 when it would have been $2.50, Carbery won a Perth Cup, CJP put on a clinic, other riders had opportunities they wouldn't have had and I didn't get knocked off by Pikey in any of the races I bet on. All positives!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    what gets me is that pike is unvaxxed, unable to ride in town but he's taking rides at the provincials until 5/2. if he's going to quit, quit. hang up the saddle and go with remaining dignity.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Willie will only have to wait until the virus is endemic in W.A. Once it's everywhere, people will no longer need to be "protected from the unvaccinated". 

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Willie's first winner Norseman 9th march 2002.---be good for the club if his final meeting was  Norseman.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Regardless if covid becomes endemic in Wa. Don’t think that will change RWWA stance on vaccinated employees. So don’t see how that will quicken his return.
  • Rodent said:

Willie will only have to wait until the virus is endemic in W.A. Once it's everywhere, people will no longer need to be "protected from the unvaccinated". 

Finally someone who gets it!!

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    rodent, my friend, that is said from a person in a state where it is endemic and "it's" everywhere.
    don't say that NNS, lets hope rodent never "gets it."
    [-X
    thefalcon said:

rodent, my friend, that is said from a person in a state where it is endemic and "it's" everywhere.

don't say that NNS, lets hope rodent never "gets it."
    [-X
    Mate, W.A thinking it can keep out a coronavirus is naive in the extreme. You can waste resources trying or you can prepare for the inevitable the best way you can.
     It's only a matter of time before W.A yields and the political spin will be that we kept everyone safe until vaccination rates got high enough.

thefalcon, Rex likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    This thread and comments made,reminds me of a scene in one of the all time great movies,
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.
    All of a sudden every one is a doctor LOL,
    We have here Dr Spinking,Dr Yankee,Dr Falcon, the famous Dr Falcon,Dr Cumudgeon,Dr Thunder,Dr Rodent and Dr B Lover.
    0:50
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - Doctor Fishing Scene

At least I have a piece of paper that allows me to use Dr. as my title  ;)

Manchild likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Arapaho said:

This thread and comments made,reminds me of a scene in one of the all time great movies,

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.
    All of a sudden every one is a doctor LOL,
    We have here Dr Spinking,Dr Yankee,Dr Falcon, the famous Dr Falcon,Dr Cumudgeon,Dr Thunder,Dr Rodent and Dr B Lover.
    0:50
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - Doctor Fishing Scene

Ok ok Arapaho you can be the chief!

detonator, Rodent, Arapaho, thefalcon, spinking likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Rodent said:

At least I have a piece of paper that allows me to use Dr. as my title  ;)

There’s a Betfair doctorate?

Markovina likes this post.

jpg
    jpg
    dr.jpg
    4M

Chris, Tucool, Manchild, Uttsy likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    A high earning punting doc
  • licklick    305 posts
    Ever eaten chicken nuggets, applied sunscreen, drank coca cola, eaten Chinese food, drank beer, had flu shot, what chemicals are in your bread (Round-up for a start) etc ... no-one queries ingredients. Get vax for polio, hooping cough etc etc etc it seems to work.

So if WP goes to ride at a meeting where less than 1000 people are expected, but then 1050 turn up, what happens then?? 

Jockey told to go home or turn people away at the gate??
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    detonator said:

I stand corrected on this. 

If your are fully vaxxed you can still pass on a “weakened” version of Covid.
    If that is the case I would be **** if Willie walks in and gives everyone the full blown version as opposed to the weakened version. 
    Open to a second opinion on this ? And if you from Freedom W.A don’t bother responding.
    B-)
    Stand Corrected.  The Virus is the virus and it’s exactly the same weather it’s passed on from a vaccinated person or Willie Pike.

The vaccine protects the person who has been immunised and that is all.  Anyone pushing other ideas please provide the evidence
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    lick said:

Ever eaten chicken nuggets, applied sunscreen, drank coca cola, eaten Chinese food, drank beer, had flu shot, what chemicals are in your bread (Round-up for a start) etc ... no-one queries ingredients. Get vax for polio, hooping cough etc etc etc it seems to work.

So if WP goes to ride at a meeting where less than 1000 people are expected, but then 1050 turn up, what happens then?? 

Jockey told to go home or turn people away at the gate??

Im pretty sure i heard a rwwa rep on radio say clubs will be told to lock out when it gets close to 1000 so there will be no breach of numbers

thefalcon likes this post.

• LooksLikeTroubleLooksLikeTrouble    134 posts
    edited January 2022
    I liked how Willy said even if he wasn’t riding in the Perth Cup he’d like to be there for his mates and to mentor. I wonder how many meetings he went to while he was suspended recently?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2022
    Classic hypocracy from the WA leader who dictates health rules. In recent press conferences he has wiped his nose on his sleeve several times and the other day snorted at least three times.

First question from his sycophantic journalists the other day should have been;

Hey Premier do you have a F****** handkerchief you germ spreading Twat?

Unbelievably no mention of either inconsiderate, bad mannered,  non healthy activity in the media when it was so blatantly obvious.  

bookielover, thefalcon likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts

Classic hypocracy from the WA leader who dictates health rules. In recent press conferences he has wiped his nose on his sleeve several times and the other day snorted at least three times.

First question from his sycophantic journalists the other day should have been;

Hey Premier do you have a F****** handkerchief you germ spreading Twat?

Unbelievably no mention of either inconsiderate, bad mannered,  non healthy activity in the media when it was so blatantly obvious.  
    how desperately pathetic are you.

tony, curmudgeon likes this post.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, bookielover dislikes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    So that is your best opinion on the matter, Your best reply. Give it up Meatpie. I have posted the facts on what occurred and you have nothing in response

bookielover likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I can live with that chief Arapaho. As long as I can have first crack at nurse Ratchet
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts

So that is your best opinion on the matter, Your best reply. Give it up Meatpie. I have posted the facts on what occurred and you have nothing in response

That answer from the pie, Slip, is typical of what you get when people are so blinkered biased that they can see no wrongdoing in those they love and admire. 

I watched that press conference, and you described McGowan's actions perfectly.

There is nothing wrong in Meatpie loving his Premier. 

But his answer is typical of, for example, blinkered biased football supporters, who, when their team is beaten by 10 goals, instead of blaming the poor performance of the players, blame the defeat on the umpires,  the weather, the condition of the ground, or any other ridiculous reason  they can find.

JimmyPop, thefalcon, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

meatpie dislikes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    spinking said:

I can live with that chief Arapaho. As long as I can have first crack at nurse Ratchet

Spinking --Nurse Ratchet to crack a smile you need it be on your firearm license---& the head big enough to have brains. :))

spinking likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts

That answer from the pie, Slip, is typical of what you get when people are so blinkered biased that they can see no wrongdoing in those they love and admire. 

I watched that press conference, and you described McGowan's actions perfectly.

There is nothing wrong in Meatpie loving his Premier. 

But his answer is typical of, for example, blinkered biased football supporters, who, when their team is beaten by 10 goals, instead of blaming the poor performance of the players, blame the defeat on the umpires,  the weather, the condition of the ground, or any other ridiculous reason  they can f
    More patronising dribble from the verbose one.

Childish and pathetic to say I love him, I respect him, his position and the difficulties he faces every day as I do with every state premier or Morrison, never seen me personalise a criticism of any of them

you are so caught up in your narcissistic belief that you are an oracle, you are nothing more than a blowhard. Sage you are not.

and your football analogy is cringeworthy

JimmyPop, oldhendo likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    spinking said:

No Spinking, Me Chief, Me First.

spinking likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    So now with pubs, clubs and festivals required to make sure everyone is double vaccinated before entering the premises, will racetracks fall under the categories of “pubs”?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    I certainly hope so.

JimmyPop, LooksLikeTrouble, Notapuntas likes this post.