In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

William Pike's move to Sydney

West Australian Racing

Comments

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited January 2022
    "I'm just a bloke trying to carry on, I'm just trying to make choices that I think are right for me."

jum likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Berry will still be Hawkes jock. They grew up together and have had a solid relationship.. Pike will struggle to break in my opinion for what its worth..

thefalcon likes this post.

hash dislikes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Pike could take his opportunities in the city but also has the provincial circuit to focus on.
    The likes of Aaron Bullock, Christian Reith Andrew Gibbons and even Tim Clark do a lot of riding at Newcastle, Kembla Grange, Gosford, Wyong, Hawksbury etc. 
    So if all Pikey wants to do is ride then he would get plenty of opportunities and with stables such as Hawkes, Cummings, Lees, Waller, Waterhouse as well as the country based trainers.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    So all the jockeys are going to relinquish their rides to give him a go.
    I think he may need to rethink his position in the racing world,.
    Personally I think it will be a huge failure.

hash dislikes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    G-Mac said:

AbbysAce said:

Whats the difference in prizemoney? it must be nearly double for a Saturday win in Sydney

So he only has to ride half as many winners.........

Plus theres is only 3 $1 million races in November in WA, how many in NSW coming up?
    $61,250 to the winner for a standard Saturday race
    $46,400 for the Highway and Midway races

As for $1 million races in NSW, my count is 25

The everest is how much? The slipper? 

He runs a place in them he would get more than winning the railway, and the owners would probably sling where Bob , well no comment.
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited January 2022

What Jockeys Freo?? Waller has 6 in a race, Gai a couple, Krissy Lees and the fringe dwellers a few each…. Sydney Racing is the most corru cough cough pt place on earth. The straight stables will fall over backward to put Will on because he tries

:)>-

hash, detonator, Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ....^ and you told me (cough) that i had NFI....think again, mate.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

What Jockeys Freo?? Waller has 6 in a race, Gai a couple, Krissy Lees and the fringe dwellers a few each…. Sydney Racing is the most corru cough cough pt place on earth. The straight stables will fall over backward to put Will on because he tries

:)>-

He obviously doesn’t follow Sydney racing very closely, all you need to do is look at the jockeys these big name stables are using to see they are nowhere near in the same league as Pike.. he can and will literally walk into nearly any stable and will be put on if he wants because the quality for good jocks is just as thin as it is here, only difference in Sydney is that they have much more time racing and much more opportunities for someone as good as Willie to slot into

Nevershowsurprise, detonator, jum likes this post.

• So all the jockeys are going to relinquish their rides to give him a go.

What Jockeys Freo?? Waller has 6 in a race, Gai a couple, Krissy Lees and the fringe dwellers a few each…. Sydney Racing is the most corru cough cough pt place on earth. The straight stables will fall over backward to put Will on because he tries ????

thefalcon said:

....^ and you told me (cough) that i had NFI....think again, mate.

No you genuinely have NFI about most things you post about. The problem is you think you do, but you don’t.

if thats your thoughts Nss, thats your perogative. this is a friendly site and i refrain from calling anyone a self scented c**t.
  • britbratbritbrat    90 posts
    Before everyone makes Willie's move to Sydney the main topic at the breakfast table be aware of Peter V'landys.He runs the NRL and racing and by this time next week the NSW rules on the jab will be in line with RWWA.
    Have your gear packed and the suitcase ready but don't go booking any flights just yet William because if you get to Sydney and the rules change you won't get back into WA without the 2 jab certificate..Sorry to spoil the party

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Nail on the head brit

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    What I've heard over here is that the Hawkes team like him and would be keen to have him onboard. However some of the big stables have very strict rules around vaccinations with a no jab no work policy.

I expect V'Landys will allow each club or stable to draft their own rules to comply with Government regulations, rather than impose anything. As he has done with the NRL. Best not to interfere when others can do the heavy lifting for you.

well put, brit. he could be stuck in sydney for months, not working, unable to go anywhere. there is a 3 month wait between the 1st and 2nd vax.
    have a good think, william.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    thefalcon said:

well put, brit. he could be stuck in sydney for months, not working, unable to go anywhere. there is a 3 month wait between the 1st and 2nd vax.

have a good think, william.
    Not entirely correct. Willie would get the Pfizer jab which is only 3 weeks between jab 1 and jab 2. The AstraZeneca was a 3 month gap.

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yep it is 3 weeks.IF they change the goalposts in Nsw too he just comes back no harm done.

Commandant Mac G is opening the borders on 5 Feb? so he gets back into dodge without a major issue..maybe has to quarantine idk.
    talking of quarantine..on a lighter note. when i read that "they" were requesting all men that visited those massage parlours (ie rub'n'tug joints) which were covid hot-spots to quarantine for 2 weeks.
    "sorry darl, getting stuff all from you so went to the local knock shop. you've got me for the next 2 weeks, ring me boss and tell him i've got the 'flu, there's a good girl"

JimmyPop likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited January 2022
    talking of quarantine..on a lighter note. when i read that "they" were requesting all men that visited those massage parlours (ie rub'n'tug joints) which were covid hot-spots to quarantine for 2 weeks.
    "sorry darl, getting stuff all from you so went to the local knock shop. you've got me for the next 2 weeks, ring me boss and tell him i've got the 'flu, there's a good girl"

I have no doubt some SERIOUS questions would have been asked of some of these men. And some SERIOUS lies told as well  :-j  :))  <:-P  =)) 

thefalcon, freodockers, Notapuntas likes this post.

Indeed! :))

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    A mate many years ago went to the Philippines for a weeks “holiday”. Without the missus.
    Returned with “the clap”.
    His missus wanted action on his return. He told her that the “protocol” was to quarantine ie no sex for a week.
    She bought his explanation. Haha.
    =))

jum, freodockers likes this post.

^ should have had a franger in his pocket..... [-X
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited January 2022
    thefalcon said:

if thats your thoughts Nss, thats your perogative. this is a friendly site and i refrain from calling anyone a self scented c**t.

Wow, my youngest is 7. He has more wit than you …

Btw, it’s self centred. Just for accuracies sake

Pikey has advised via a story on Racenet interest as expected from team Hawkes but also Godolphin and Annabel Neasham no surprise to me, you could throw in Waterhouse/Bott and probably others..will not want for opportunities one bit.
    The Hawkes association netted 8 wins and 6 placings from just 23 rides when he was in Melbourne last time.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited January 2022

Btw, it’s self centred. Just for accuracies sake

I think you mean for accuracy’s sake NSS.

You seem obsessed with taking potshots at people and Falcon in particular. If that’s all you’ve got why don’t you try another forum.

Flanders, jum, thefalcon, freodockers likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    How many winners has Pikey ridden going clockwise?
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    Rodent said:

How many winners has Pikey ridden going clockwise?

Hasnt had many rides clockwise but did ride a winner for Waller at the Gold Coast.

i
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Didnt pike have 50 rides in victoria for 1 win, over many years before he won the Bendigo cup?
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    I'm sure Pikey will do just fine in NSW. Barring any red tape, that is

oldhendo, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    edited January 2022
    From Racing.com

Assuming "International" would be the brief HK visit. 

PNG
    PNG
    pike.PNG