R2- Yankees Jewel
R3- Save This Dance
R4- Bettor Class
R5- Adore Me Some More
R6- Sugar Street
R7- Camluck King
R8- Navajo Trailblazer
+1 -1

curmudgeon, Mikes27091, cisco likes this post.

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Coming off a really difficult trip last start a bit of focus on how Magnificent Storm backs up this week.
    My inkling is that he will go back & conserve then outsprint them late.
    There is enough depth around to deliver slugfests in Open company on a weekly basis.
    Tough tough racehorses
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Disapointing that a Friday night meeting has 2 - 6 horse fields and 2 - 7 horse fields.

The best race looks to be the trotters cup, wouldnt be surprised with a longshot winner.

Be even better if over 2900mt , make it a true staying test.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    She’s a Harleqeen Albany tonight screaming out for a decent run In transit.
    Might get it tonight at odds, may even cross them.
    Medieval Man at crazy odds, will need early speed which it may well get.
  • licklick    305 posts
    The Moose has raced against Magnificent Storm twice - a second to him then beat him. Chuck the Moose into the Cup next Friday I think.

cisco, Mikes27091, oldhendo, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Mach Storm certainly no good thing next week on that run.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Not a great supporter of trotters or stands but those that do should be pleased with the turnover on the Trotters Cup.

Total Supertab pari-mutel turnover $64,484 compared to the small field mobiles either side of $30,535 and $32,665.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Old punters were lining up to back the 24 year old Tricky Vic who handled the change in gait very well for an old fella.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Hard markers---How would you like to arrive to the trots at Bunbury as a owner &the trainer has brought the wrong horse & was scratched Trainer only fined  200---- 25/1/2022 stewards report
    Stewards research is incorrect.
    Olivieri won three in a row with a horse before they found it wasn’t the horse it was supposed to be. Think it was one of Lynn Emmett’s.
    Mid nineties it was.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    edited January 2022
    Can you remember Kalgoorlie early nineties When inquiry was opened into dead pacers win. Horse  won as Kinstrel   his brands was actually pacer called Fatty Lumpkin who was killed two months earlier when he got out & was hit by a road Train.

No malice intent just a comedy of errors, from at what point nobody could ever decipher when  the mix up actually  occurred. 

Fatty lumpkin & Kinstrel  arrived with city trainer both had there first starts prior to the round  10th Aug.----Fatty lumkin who  won the two year old race,  there was a possibility he may have been three year-old Kinstrel. ----Kinstrel or Fatty Lumpkin was also.placed  .Aug 17 horse gets out hit by a road train . Driver burys the horse.

After the round city trainer hands over horse to local trainer  as Kinstrel  he wins a race  oct 12 but post race check revels its Fatty Lumpkin.

Everyone was involved Des Jones- the -Racing Squad,

Horse was dug up approx. 20th AUG. for insurance purpose brands checked by vet were not that clear-- Fatty was insured for 5k. and Kinstrel 6k.

freodockers likes this post.

Sounds very suspicious GTC.
    Ummm....think we can exonerate GTC from this one Freo.
    Yep got that JayJay.

JayJay likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Our mare fell at Albany Friday night getting her legs taken. No driver apparently to blame, she hung out very slightly (according to Mitch, it was very marginal) horse outside her hung in. Eye roll. Surely you wouldn't be traveling so close to the inside horse that your wheels hit it's legs when your horse hangs in a bit? Isnt there a 30cm rule? The horses legs are about 30cms within the confines of the cart and this combined with the 30cm rule means either the outside driver can't steer and let his horse and cart run in 60cms, or he was traveling too close to start with. Either way, if your horse is running in, stop driving it forward and start correcting it.

I predicted a fall but now it's just matter of time before a driver dies. Suspensions need to start to be handed out before something horrific happens

• capguncapgun    25 posts
    Despite you making some pretty relevant points the fact of the matter is; your horses are some of the most prolific repeat offenders for bad manners (galloping for no reason. Etc.) So in my opinion it’s fair to say the drivers do a pretty good job trying to stay on their feet and it’s been only good luck keeping your horses off the deck. Sometimes you gotta take the really good with the really bad.

Cant_Refuse, Rocket_Reign, Browny123 likes this post.

Race 2 Dec 24th GP.
    Nearly brings half the field down.
    Inquiry adjourned, I have followed stewards reports and not seen a thing.
    Unless I missed it, the incident was deserved of a severe suspension at least and a half page stewards inquiry.
    This is probably one example of what KTQ is talking about.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    capgun said:

Despite you making some pretty relevant points the fact of the matter is; your horses are some of the most prolific repeat offenders for bad manners (galloping for no reason. Etc.) So in my opinion it’s fair to say the drivers do a pretty good job trying to stay on their feet and it’s been only good luck keeping your horses off the deck. Sometimes you gotta take the really good with the really bad.

A horse galloping is pretty different to a driver driving too tight to the horse inside it and causing it to fall by chopping it's legs. Perfect will probably start galloping now from her injuries
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    capgun said:

also it's an industry wide issue, our horse was the unlucky victim this time hence I'm bringing this up again. See my post from months back about drivers getting up to TEN warnings for the same crime. Then we hear from someone that stewards told them they won't suspend certain drivers because it's bad for revenue.

capgun likes this post.

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

Race 2 Dec 24th GP.
    Nearly brings half the field down.
    Unless I missed it, the incident was deserved of a severe suspension at least and a half page stewards inquiry.
    This is probably one example of what KTQ is talking about.

That enquiry is still open. Meant to be a couple of weeks ago but a driver was unavailable that Friday night. Will be held soon im told but just after the carnival
    Over 1 month has passed and can’t hold an inquiry ???
    Driver not available garbage.
    Why wait til after the carnival ??
    That is exactly what KTQ is saying.
    You couldn’t possibly get a better example.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

Over 1 month has passed and can’t hold an inquiry ???
    Driver not available garbage.
    Why wait til after the carnival ??
    That is exactly what KTQ is saying.
    You couldn’t possibly get a better example.

Ease up mate im just telling you what i know. Wasnt held on the night as it was a shortened meeting and no time. Was meant a couple weeks later but a driver needed at the enquiry didnt drive at the meeting so couldnt be held (so yes the driver was unavailable) yes they could have had it last friday but didnt. Not excusing them just telling you why there was a delay (now its gone on too long)
    Sorry 2LTW was having a go at you.
    I find it absolute rubbish that this particular incident is allowed to drag on like it has.
    Damn that was supposed to read WASNT having a go at you.
  • Damn that was supposed to read WASNT having a go at you.

All good champ. Speaking to a few people they are very very much frustrated at the amount of time it takes to get these things sorted. 
    Problem is having gallops stewards in charge the give f*ck all priority to anything harness and this has shown.  I suppose when you look at the people in charge of RWWA and the utter contempt they show the harness industry its hardly surprising
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    There are a number of positive swabs and other charges that have had hearings with no results posted on rwwas site and a number where the actual charge isn't even posted.
    This is not a good look for the sport.
  • MrSmartArseMrSmartArse    17 posts
    Take a look at race 5 Pinjarra 31/1/ 2022 Eldaytona swerved into the legs of Raksjameson before the gates were even released. Raksjameson was on a first run for 21 months. This should be stamped out and at least a substantial penalty served.  
  • MrSmartArseMrSmartArse    17 posts
    Can't upload here is the link              https://www-harness-org-au.akamaized.net/wa/PAC31012207.mp4

Race 2 Dec 24th GP.

Concluded yesterday, 12 day suspension starting midnight Feb 5th.

freodockers, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Couldn’t have planned it any better.

capgun likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    JayJay said:

Race 2 Dec 24th GP.

Concluded yesterday, 12 day suspension starting midnight Feb 5th.
    Should have been double as made the same mistake several times.

freodockers, Cant_Refuse, westerncat likes this post.