G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Patroness racing here to stay

West Australian Racing
Hi all
Looks like we all better get used to what I’ve been saying for 2 years no patrons on course as we are a cost not a benefit.

Sad state of affairs as where are the next lot of owners coming from if u can’t go and see your horse run good luck to the syndicators 

Any thoughts’

Comments

• psychopsycho    652 posts

Hi all

Looks like we all better get used to what I’ve been saying for 2 years no patrons on course as we are a cost not a benefit.

Sad state of affairs as where are the next lot of owners coming from if u can’t go and see your horse run good luck to the syndicators 

Any thoughts’
    How many on Saturday at the track ?

• BrownbreadBrownbread    58 posts
    Same as pinjarra NONE
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Why would patronless racing be here to stay? When you find your post covid normal, you'll be good to go. We're almost there in Sydney. Now no QR check ins and masks only on public transport etc.
     It's only a matter of time and that will be decided by Mr McGowan.

Manchild, G-Mac, Flanders, hash, RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ yeah, rodent, but when? mcgowan makes things up as he goes along. he has caused the cancellation of concerts..eg midnight oil due to crowd restrictions BUT 50k is allowed for the footy derby.
    go figure...
    It's unfortunate that politics gets in the way. Here's a graph to put the pandemic in Australia into proportion.
     A certain number of people die in Australia each year. You would expect in a killer pandemic that an increased number of Australians would die. It is certainly the case in plenty of other countries. In Australia however, we have had less people die than would have been the case with no pandemic!

PNG
    PNG
    exc.PNG

RIO likes this post.

For comparison, a couple of countries that haven't been as fortunate as us. Obviously a lot colder over there. Interesting to see lockdown happy U.K vs Sweden's personal responsibility approach. I don't think lockdowns have been proven to work.

PNG
    PNG
    uksw.PNG

RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    its patronless racing alright... but not because of the pandemic.
    people are just not going any more. 

RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    TheDiva said:

Why would anyone go to the races to be entertained unless they had a horse in ?

oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

TheDiva said:

Why would anyone go to the races to be entertained unless they had a horse in ?
    My family like to go to Canterbury races on a Friday night. Free entry, close to home, plenty of food trucks. We walk around look at the horses, watch a couple of races, feed our faces and then go home. It's a good little bit of entertainment. It exposes the kids to the industry and hopefully a few will take an interest and be long term supporters.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    TheDiva said:

If you are not vaccinated you cannot get in.
    If you are one of 3 close mates and one of you is not vaccinated would the other 2 that are vaccinated still go to the track and leave the other out to do whatever. Not sure they would.
    To walk onto the track you have to be wearing a mask. On a hot muggy day that may not be that appealing for many.
    detonator said:

TheDiva said:

If you are not vaccinated you cannot get in.
    If you are one of 3 close mates and one of you is not vaccinated would the other 2 that are vaccinated still go to the track and leave the other out to do whatever. Not sure they would.
    To walk onto the track you have to be wearing a mask. On a hot muggy day that may not be that appealing for many.
    T go on course you don't need to wear a mask, only if you go indoors. Not ideal but if you remain outside you can be maskless

RIO likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    When I hand my phone to the security person on the gate to show my proof of vaccination my face is 500mm away from his face. He is wearing a mask. I wear a mask as well because I believe that is what I am required to do. Maybe I don’t need to ?
    I then go to the person issuing the tickets and I assume I am required to wear a mask as they are. I am still outdoors at this stage.
    Indoors I wear the mask to order a beer. So I don’t breathe over the staff serving.
    I then sit down at the table and the mask comes off to drink and eat.

oldhendo, Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Welcome to what used to be my world boys. >:)

RIO likes this post.

detonator said:

When I hand my phone to the security person on the gate to show my proof of vaccination my face is 500mm away from his face. He is wearing a mask. I wear a mask as well because I believe that is what I am required to do. Maybe I don’t need to ?

I then go to the person issuing the tickets and I assume I am required to wear a mask as they are. I am still outdoors at this stage.
    Indoors I wear the mask to order a beer. So I don’t breathe over the staff serving.
    I then sit down at the table and the mask comes off to drink and eat.
    You do not need to wear a mask outdoors, it is only "indoors" and this includes the ground floor coffee shop

• SunnyBoySunnyBoy    46 posts
    Interesting you say that Psycho
    Went to the corner bar next to the stalls area to grab a drink amd they wouldn’t serve Me without a mask on - and yeah it is an outside area!

RIO likes this post.

SunnyBoy said:

Interesting you say that Psycho
    Went to the corner bar next to the stalls area to grab a drink amd they wouldn’t serve Me without a mask on - and yeah it is an outside area!

Fair enough you got me thinking now ? I am sure no need in the bookmakers area, maybe when purchasing food and drink ? I should know I am there every Saturday and cannot remember, maybe I am getting old  :((

Thunderstruck, RIO likes this post.

They haven't learned a thing from our experience over here in the Eastern States. 

The wearing of masks, is a joke. always has been.

If you want proof of that, this is what is happening in Victoria, Aside from Hospitals, Doctors surgeries, and public transport, we no longer have to wear masks indoors.

So, I can now walk into my local supermarket, or pharmacy, or cafe, without a mask on. But guess what. The staff still have to wear them.

You want the definition of idiocy, that's it right there. Either masks work to protect us from the virus, or they don't.The latest evidence I have read, is that they are less than 5 % effective.

Be that as it may, I can breath all over everyone who is shopping in that Supermarket and they are allowed to get Covid,  but God forbid that I might breath on the check out person and they get Covid. So they better wear a mask.

Mind you, Dictator Dan in Victoria, still hasn't learnt the lesson. Giving up control over people, is something that he is loathe to do, so he now controls the least vulnerable of those in our community who are likely to suffer the effects of getting Covid, the 3 to 11 year old's.

They still have to wear masks all day, in school.

meatpie dislikes this post.

Masks protect others. You are being protected from the checkout person. Sorry to say you will be vulnerable to everyone else in the supermarket though  :))

bookielover likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts

They haven't learned a thing from our experience over here in the Eastern States. 

If you want proof of that, this is what is happening in Victoria, Aside from Hospitals, Doctors surgeries, and public transport, we no longer have to wear masks indoors.

So, I can now walk into my local supermarket, or pharmacy, or cafe, without a mask on. But guess what. The staff still have to wear them.

You want the definition of idiocy, that's it right there. Either masks work to protect us from the virus, or they don't.The latest evidence I have read, is that they are less than 5 % effective.

Be that as it may, I can breath all over everyone who is shopping in that Supermarket and they are allowed to get Covid,  but God forbid that I might breath on the check out person and they get Covid. So they better wear a mask.

Mind you, Dictator Dan in Victoria, still hasn't learnt the lesson. Giving up control over people, is something that he is loathe to do, so he now controls the least vulnerable of those in our community who are likely to suffer the effects of getting Covid, the 3 to 11 year old's.

More Fox News indoctrination, we have learnt plenty, whilst you gullibly believe all the far right nonsense on FOX, we here have lived a relatively normal live. We might have a few weeks of tight rules but compared to what others have endured we are fortunate.

curmudgeon, tony, savethegame likes this post.

bookielover dislikes this post.

Yes, Meatpie, you have "learnt plenty".
    That's why your State now has the most severe restrictions of any State in Australia. 
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    you are correct, bookiel. these restrictions have been cobbled together by a bunch of absolute morons....unfit for any govt. appointments. 

bookielover, detonator likes this post.

That's why your State now has the most severe restrictions of any State in Australia. 
    Again selective and desperate, look at what you have gone through as opposed to us, we might have a few weeks of restrictions.

Desperate and delusional

curmudgeon likes this post.

bookielover dislikes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    meatpie said:

Again selective and desperate, look at what you have gone through as opposed to us, we might have a few weeks of restrictions.

Desperate and delusional
    Saying we have had it the best of anywhere in the world (or close to) may be correct but does that then mean we should put up with nonsensical made up rules for a month?  If you think this is a proportionate response to the current situation (zero people in intesive care from 11,000 active cases) then you are drinking the coolade way more than Bookielover

detonator, meatpie likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Meatpie your saviour is going to go to National cabinet hook up next week in full PPE gear despite our open border and no rule that requires it.  Goggles, gloves and mask.  How does he think this will play well for him?  He will be a laughing stock

bookielover, thefalcon, loose_goose, jum likes this post.

meatpie said:

Desperate and delusional
    Saying we have had it the best of anywhere in the world (or close to) may be correct but does that then mean we should put up with nonsensical made up rules for a month?  If you think this is a proportionate response to the current situation (zero people in intesive care from 11,000 active cases) then you are drinking the coolade way more than Bookielover
    Hey,Precision, Meatpie, definitely drinks the coolade. Personally,I hate the stuff. :D

Meatpie your saviour is going to go to National cabinet hook up next week in full PPE gear despite our open border and no rule that requires it.  Goggles, gloves and mask.  How does he think this will play well for him?  He will be a laughing stock

Here's me thinking you as least a thinker but nope you are gullible, he has today refuted that, beat up by The West. Wouldn't need much bait to hook you in.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    meatpie said:

More Fox News indoctrination, we have learnt plenty, whilst you gullibly believe all the far right nonsense on FOX, we here have lived a relatively normal live. We might have a few weeks of tight rules but compared to what others have endured we are fortunate.

Gloss over the facts NSW & Vic are populated, but we are a sparse poulated place, so it's swings & roundabouts - no comparison,  but carry on  =;
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

meatpie said:

Desperate and delusional
    Hey,Precision, Meatpie, definitely drinks the coolade. Personally,I hate the stuff. :D
    meatpie's mate was a truly awful Minister for Racing & Gaming, and is now showing his true colours again

meatpie said:

Gloss over the facts NSW & Vic are populated, but we are a sparse poulated place, so it's swings & roundabouts - no comparison,  but carry on  =;
    Perth is about half the size of Sydney and Melbourne, does the numbers reflect that %, nup didnt think so. All are relative in density

so there is a comparison it is a convenient argument to say there isnt.

What about the tyranny of distance and what could happen to those isolated communities.

But carry on

savethegame, Gilgamesh, curmudgeon likes this post.

edited March 2022

meatpie said:

Desperate and delusional
    meatpie's mate was a truly awful Minister for Racing & Gaming, and is now showing his true colours again

If you actually knew what a racing minister did you would know there hasnt been a Racing Minister since Nic Griffiths who had any ability to change anything in racing when he gave autonomous control to RWWA. Most racing ministers since that time have been Libs or Nats, pretty sure most would doubt Colin Holt's contribution as racing minister. it is a ministry in name only but you knew that right?

You could let us know what he didnt do or did do to back up those claims

savethegame, curmudgeon likes this post.

This discussion has been closed.