3peat...what a LEGEND :x
+1 -1

G-Mac likes this post.

Comments

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    Now off for a stud career

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    You would have to say Wildwest record in WA was better than King of Swings?

Be interested to see how he goes over there.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Only transferred to Menangle- because it couldnt handle that 800 metre goat track called Gloucester Park 

Unless it led at GP it would hit its knee 

The impressive thing about King Swing -  in its last couple of wins - Jack Callaghans horse has looke to have it cold at the top of the straight - but King of Swing is like a Mercedes on cruise control - it looks effortless - goes dead straight - doesnt show any sign of stress - or wilting in the slightest  and keeps the challenges at bay - running super slick last quarters 

One thing i will say - dont know the actual stats - but how many times has it drawn gate 1 in alot of big races - the connections cant complain at all re the draws it has got 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Quote from Snr after Saturday Night:

"Seriously though, it was my call to suggest the move to Luke
    and Belinda (McCarthy). I want to set the record straight on
    all of this.

“Everyone said the move came because the horse didn’t handle

Gloucester Park (a tight half-mile track), but that’s not true. Sure,

he loves the big Menangle (1400m) track, but he goes well on

all tracks for Luke and Belinda.

“The truth is my training style didn’t suit him. He needed a

change. I always sensed there was more than what he was

showing because he would give you glimpses.

“I had a share in the horse too, so it was in my best interests as

well as everyone else to try something different.

Gilgamesh, G-Mac likes this post.

As a 2yo with Ray Green at Melton, he drew 1 in the $200k Crown race (and won it). Then, when purchased to come to Halls, he drew the pole just  3 times in 36 starts in WA. When sent east to McCarthy's, he drew pole 5 times in 33 starts. He drew pole in the 2022 Miracle Mile (1st), the 2022 Hunter Cup (1st), the 2021 Blacks A Fake (3rd) and the 2020 Hunter Cup (1st).

Gilgamesh, G-Mac likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Thanks for posting that JayJay.
    Puts some reality on the horses performance.
    Its interesting what Hall has said 

I can only go on what Ernie Manning quotes re his excellent Saturday coverage ( and lovely pictures ) re Friday Nights race round up at GP 

And Ernie had those direct quotes from Hall snr - that the horse would hit its knee - unless it led - if it led it was ok - so maybe Snr has  forgot that he told Ernie that- Hall Snr says quote " Everyone said the move came because the horse didnt handle GP " well maybe Gary everyone is saying that - because they read it in a  Saturdays West Aust - with italics - with a direct quote from you !!!

And Ernie about 6-8 weeks ago - again had direct quotes from Hall snr - and im pretty sure the horse was Wildwest - and the quote was - that horse is Menangle bound as well - for the same reason - the GP track is too tight for it . And also that Wildwest would go as well or if not better than KOS at Menangle

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Markovina said:

I can only go on what Ernie Manning quotes re his excellent Saturday coverage ( and lovely pictures ) re Friday Nights race round up at GP 

And Ernie had those direct quotes from Hall snr - that the horse would hit its knee - unless it led - if it led it was ok - so maybe Snr has  forgot that he told Ernie that- Hall Snr says quote " Everyone said the move came because the horse didnt handle GP " well maybe Gary everyone is saying that - because they read it in a  Saturdays West Aust - with italics - with a direct quote from you !!!

And Ernie about 6-8 weeks ago - again had direct quotes from Hall snr - and im pretty sure the horse was Wildwest - and the quote was - that horse is Menangle bound as well - for the same reason - the GP track is too tight for it . And also that Wildwest would go as well or if not better than KOS at Menangle

Ahhhh there’s your mistake, it’s common knowledge that Ernie Mannings “quotes” are never straight from the horses mouth so to speak

Pinballwizard, KTQ, JimmyPop likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    What sort of fee might he command at stud guys?

Thoroughly enjoyed watching him race what a ripping pacer.
    Also I have always liked Fred Hastings as a racecaller, has a slightly weird tone of voice or octave lol but is a very good caller imo.
    Rich breeding line, outstanding on track, maybe minimum $3k up to $5k for first season sire.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    edited March 2022
    Horse that was given his chance to deliver his full potential  last 18 starts in W.A resulted in two wins so for whatever reason something had to change which they did resulted in 25 wins from 33 starts over east against the best.

Now comes the next stage promoting him as a stallion you would not say he had a issue with any tracks is part of the razza in the market place. Hall snr. been around a long time. plus part owner to boot. He did have a sequence where he got beat 42m--114m ---104m in W.A. those three runs the margins wasn't attributed to galloping.. .

Fair Dinkum Dream Horse. 82 starts 44wins 3.390,546 dollars enough to get a few galloping owners to have a look over the fence. 

Markovina, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Horse that was given his chance to deliver his full potential  last 18 starts in W.A resulted in two wins so for whatever reason something had to change which they did resulted in 25 wins from 33 starts over east against the best.

Now comes the next stage promoting him as a stallion you would not say he had a issue with any tracks is part of the razza in the market place. Hall snr. been around a long time. plus part owner to boot. He did have a sequence where he got beat 42m--114m ---104m in W.A. those three runs the margins wasn't attributed to galloping.. .

Fair Dinkum Dream Horse. 82 starts 44wins 3.390,546 dollars enough to get a few galloping owners to have a look over the fence. 
    Very informative post that

Those 3 runs you mention - where it got beaten about 300 yards - i cant be arrsed looking it up - but the stewards report for those 3 runs might make interesting reading - especially if they queried the sub par performances - and as a result reasons why it performed so poorly were given  

Maybe Tuesday when ive got a couple of cappuccinos under my belt - i might feel energetic enough to just do that 

Thunderstruck, savethegame likes this post.

Oct 26 2018 beaten 42.9m:
    KING OF SWING – When questioned regarding the tactics adopted and
    performance of KING OF SWING, S. McDonald stated he was unable to obtain
    a forward position in the early stages and was obliged to race at the
    rear of the field, however near the 1200 metres when the pace eased he
    elected to move three wide anticipating that MITCH MAGUIRE would move
    three wide in advance of him and afford him a trail.  He stated when
    MITCH MAGUIRE remained two wide he was obliged to race three wide for
    the final 1200 metres and on the final turn KING OF SWING was tiring and
    hung in and raced roughly.

Nov 23 2018 beaten 114.8m:
    KING OF SWING – Galloped near the 500 metres.  G. Hall Jnr stated the
    horse had a tendency to hang in and when racing to the outside of the
    sulky wheel of KURAI KAGE, it contacted that wheel and galloped.  A
    warning was issued.

Nov 30 2018 beaten 104m:
    KING OF SWING – Gave ground from the 400 metres to finish eleventh,
    beaten 104 metres.  A post race veterinary examination failed to reveal
    any abnormalities however an endoscope was recommended.  Trainer G. Hall
    Snr advised KING OF SWING would be examined by his veterinarian in
    subsequent days and would then be spelled.  KING OF SWING has been stood
    down from racing until a veterinary certificate is provided and the
    completion of one re-qualifying trial.

savethegame likes this post.

Yes, 2 of his last 18 but KOS did win 12 races in WA including the Derby, Hall was a part owner but sold his share a good while ago. Think I heard (on TAB radio) that he bought a boat (Mighty Quinn?) with the proceeds.

It did win the WA Derby ( slow time ) but going  through its form card - that is the only thing of note it did in WA 

This is an amazing form improvement under McCarthy 

You look at some of the horses that were beating KOS home in Perth races - Mister Ardee sat behind it in the running line and gave it a cold 

I wasnt following the WA scene that closely - i  was thinking it was a top line horse under Hall - and McCarthy just put the finishing touches on it 

Thats not the case at all - it was going around at $20 plus in several races and doing absolutely nothing - last in a JP Stratton Cup  . Also last in a race on the 26/7/19 at $6 - and here is a juicy quote from JNR after that shocker - ' KOS does not race geniunely when he does not have his mind on the job " 

Looking at its Perth race record - McCarthy has improved the horse 50-60 metres that is what has happened

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    25/33 over there and many big features those are outstanding stats, thanks for all the info fellas I must keep an eye on that other one mentioned.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited March 2022
    Actually KOS career best was achieved under trainer C A Cross ....14 starts 11 wins 3 seconds.

JayJay likes this post.

edited March 2022
    Theres one  stat that sticks out ----.-- Now go for the 10x40s, L-) I am here all week

G-Mac likes this post.

Actually KOS career best was achieved under trainer C A Cross ....14 starts 11 wins 3 seconds.

Its just another horse that has shown amazing improvement when transferred to a Menangle based trainer

You look at that recent Interdom winner - when it raced in Melb - compared to topliners it was just a horse - wasnt a topliner at all - it did have great gate speed - but it didnt have the stamina its got now 

KOS  and the recent Inter Dom winner ( the name escapes me ) you look at their respective interstate race records ie Perth and Melb - and you compare that to their performances after they were transferred to Menangle - and i am not suggesting anything untoward at all - but they are the biggest form improvements - since Alllwoods Chief - was transferred from Barry Alfords ( Chris father ) Melb stable - to Justin Warwick in Perth .

G-Mac likes this post.

edited March 2022
    He had a very much  less than remarkable association with some but only once in Australia has he been in a race that the MR was worse than 2.00.00

He had a very much  less than remarkable association with some but only once in Australia has he been in a race that the MR was worse than 2.00.00

Curmudgeon-- Not what i am chasing.
    Every time he went under 1.50, he won......11 times, 12 if you include a trial in 1.49.9.
    JayJay said:

Every time he went under 1.50, he won......11 times, 12 if you include a trial in 1.49.9.

Thats a brillant stat to show his greatness --- but not the one i noticed.
  • MoonrakerMoonraker    99 posts
    only unplaced once in the east - and that was a 5th and 20k in stakes
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    He has won 37 races in Aust and never come from further back than fourth position.
    However his ability to do work out wide early has put him in those positions.
    He has never won from a back row draw

He has never won from a back row draw

Correct---  Four times  G.P.--  Menangle  0nce-----Melton----Once ---Bendigo once----Albion Park---Once.  
    Eight attempts S/R No wins 
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

Markovina said:

Ahhhh there’s your mistake, it’s common knowledge that Ernie Mannings “quotes” are never straight from the horses mouth so to speak

When you literally say "this horse will NOT contest that race, she is going for a spell tomorrow" and he writes that the horse is being aimed for the race, or you say an x-ray of a broken foot will determine a horse's future and he writes that the horse is in work you take everything written with a grain of salt. Lol

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts

Same stable, they just keep changing the name on teh door

VillageKid likes this post.

JayJay said:

Rich breeding line, outstanding on track, maybe minimum $3k up to $5k for first season sire.

The  likely hood of 10k.---12k.service fee --------  The  target ---150- Australian mares --- 100 frozen semen for  kiwi's  ? -. ----Imagine  Cobbitty Equine Farm.would be   frontrunners.-----As McCarthy other two top performers now Stallions  are there --For A Reason---Bling it ON.

Rack & Stack-em  for first three years.--  If was to sell  be worth  3.5 million---4 Million. at this stage IMO..

freodockers likes this post.