G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
edited June 2022 East Coast Racing

ALL THE QUEEN’S HORSES

BOOKIES claim they would love to see a Royal winner this week.

But they are saying it through gritted teeth as patriotic punters plunge on the Queen’s horses.

The layers are running scared of Reach For The Moon who looks a banker bet in the Hampton Court Stakes on Thursday.

Ladbrokes’ Nicola McGeady said: “A win for him will be a disaster for us. He is 4-5 now and one of our worst results of the week. We don’t want to take a penny more.”

Her Majesty is likely to watch much of the meeting at home — with her one likely visit to the track coming on Gold Cup Day on Thursday.

However she could have as many as TEN runners across the five days.

King’s Lynn trained by Andrew Balding — one of her favourite handlers — is the first up.

The sprinter goes in Tuesday's Group 1 King’s Stand Stakes but is a 14-1 shot and up against two hotpots from Australia and the USA.

Balding said: “He is in great form but it looks a red-hot race and we would be delighted to get a place.”

Perhaps the one race this week the Queen wants to win more than any other will be the Duke Of Edinburgh Stakes on Friday.

And punters believe it will be Just Fine too.

Her runner has been laid out for the race by Sir Michael Stoute and will be ridden by Ryan Moore. McGeady said: “Just Fine is a 5-1 chance. I think even the corgis have put a few quid on.”

Perfect Alibi is an 11-1 chance for the Queen’s Vase on Wednesday, her only runner on Day Two.

Things really hot up on Thursday.

As well as Reach For The Moon, the Queen could have four other runners: Naval College (12-1) for the King George V Stakes, Saga and Kiteflyer who are both 16-1 for the Britannia and Tactical, a big-looking 25-1 for the Buckingham Stakes.

The Queen’s final two entries are for Saturday with Discretion, a 12-1 chance for the Sandringham and Spring Is Sprung, 20-1 for the Palace Of Holyroodhouse Stakes.

McGeady said: “Her Majesty is odds-on to have one winner at least. We are 5-2 for two Royal winners and 12-1 to have three or more.”

Report by The Sun Racing UK

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    edited June 2022

International challengers

Part
    of what makes this week so special is the worldwide interest and
    competition it drives. While we are used to seeing Europe's best
    competing on these shores, Ascot gives us an opportunity to witness the
    best the international scene has to offer.

American
    trainer Wesley Ward's beaming smile will once again be on show and he
    counts Golden
    Pal
    (King's Stand), Campanelle (Commonwealth
    Cup)
    and Love Reigns (Queen
    Mary) among his strong squad.

Dubai
    Sheema Classic winner Shahryar (Prince
    of Wales's Stakes) has strong claims of giving Japan a first Royal Ascot
    winner, while Aussies Nature Strip
    (King's Stand) and Home Affairs
    (Platinum Jubilee), and other American stars Pizza Bianca
    (Coronation Stakes), Slipstream
    (Commonwealth Cup).

Racing Post Report

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    Definitely be watching some of this action, coverage is usually pretty good hope Richardson isn't over there and we get the English feed did last year iirc.

You would think Nature Strip will measure up/nearly win.

Sounds like I might be backing Lizzies shorty/banker on Thurday nite.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Agree regarding UK feed and Richardson but you can't deny his (over) enthusiasm.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Sporstbet are offering me $4 for Nature Strip. They think it cant win  :))
    edited June 2022
    Computer Selections....

ASCOT

Day 1 
    R3 Winter Power 28
    R5 Reshoun 12  Just Hubert 66 each way (great each way for me)  Going Gone 50 place
    R6 Foxes Tales 10
    R7 Raymond Tusk 40 each way  Alright Sunshine 40 place
    THIRSK
    R4 Jubilee Girl 40
    R5 Parys Mountain 22 place
    R6 Doctor Khan Junior 80 place
    R7 Spanish Angel 22 each way. I think it will win
    ROSCOMMON
    R5 Boston Brahmin 16
    R8 Doran's Hope 33 place
    BEVERLEY
    R1 Blue Yonder 10 Jinxster 50 place
    R6 Gloryella 66 place
    R7 Willing To Please 20 each way
    edited June 2022

The key players

Horse: Nature Strip

Trainer: Chris Waller

Jockey: James McDonald

SP forecast: 2-1 favourite

What they say

Chris Waller: "He's done everything he needs to do in Australia to be recognised, but it's another big step with him here. It won't be easy. The depth of sprinters will make it a really tough contest, but it's what the punters want."

nd what could be a burn-up between some top-class international raiders
    - in a bid to find one at a bigger price . . 

Spotlight
    comment

Officially the highest-rated sprinter
    in the world; eight Grade 1 wins at 5f-6f in Australia

Horse: Golden Pal

Trainer:
    Wesley Ward

Jockey: Irad
    Ortiz jnr

SP
    forecast:
    3-1

What
    they say

Wesley
    Ward:
     "He's very special, he's very quick out of
    the gates and just keeps going. Most sprinters that go as fast as him
    can't maintain that speed."

Spotlight
    comment

Brilliant US sprinter but had off day
    at York in August; taken form to new level since

Horse: Twilight Calls

Trainer:
    Henry Candy

Jockey: Ryan
    Moore

SP
    forecast:
    13-2

What
    they say

Henry
    Candy:
     "It's a very exciting race and it's
    fantastic we can be part of it. We'll see if they're as quick as they
    live up to against us! He seems to be in great form and is very happy. He
    ran really well at Haydock the last day and I don't know about the unlucky
    part the last time. Adam [Kirby] thought he didn't give him the best of
    rides but I was perfectly happy with it. It was a cracking run from
    him."

Spotlight
    comment

Improving four-year-old; luckless in Group 2 latest; daunting task but
    can raise game at some stage

Horse: Man Of Promise

Trainer:
    Charlie Appleby

Jockey:
    William Buick

SP
    forecast:
    11-1

What
    they say

Charlie
    Appleby:
    "Man Of Promise runs well fresh, it's a key tick in
    the box for him. Coming back to the stiff five will suit, as well as the
    track and trip."

Spotlight
    comment

All over his rivals in 6f Group 3 at Meydan in March; fascinating
    contender dropped to 5f

Spotlight
    verdict

Nature
    Strip and Golden Pal are the world's top sprinters but Man Of Promise,
    impressive in Dubai, is fascinating dropped to 5f.

• PCPC    2,196 posts
    As we look forward to watching Australian ???????? sprinter Nature Strip run tonight on the world stage ???? in one of the biggest racing carnivals in the world at Royal Ascot in the Group 1 King Stand Stakes at 1000m (10:40pm WA time), let's look at how previous Australian horses have run in the race:

Australian Trained Horses - King Stand Stakes

Choisir: 1st

Takeover Target: 1st
    Glamour Puss: 7th

Miss Andretti: 1st
    Magnus: 3rd
    Takeover Target: 4th
    Bentley Biscuit: 20th

Takeover Target: 2nd
    Magnus: 8th

Scenic Blast: 1st

Gold Trail: 10th

Star Witness: 2nd

Ortensia: 12th

Shame Express: 9th

Houtzen: 8th
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    2010 Niconni ran 4th PC.  Uninspiring performance for which I was there for but thought I’d point it out
    A team of 5 will be in studio at Racing.com sweet lord plenty of cash this lot, Jason Mcavaney..err Richardson will be there chairing kinda knew this would be the case.
    He is a bit stiff but Carl D'orio seems to know his stuff with the overseas horses..and we have Lizzie Jelfs for the Aussie "posh" perspective.
    Where's Francesca ffs? :D

I remember way back when Choisir won.it was quite a thing.
    A few years laterTakeover Target and Joe Janiak went over and ruffled their feathers and then Scenic Blast smashed them a couple of years later for WA.

None have better than Nature Strip though, they rate the US horse highly also but i think it ran pretty flat last year, our big boy and Jmac will be giving it some serious pressure from halfway hopefully.
  • tonytony    2,369 posts
    I notice Francesca had not been on the ITV coverage his year. She was not there for the Derby  

Looking at the opening tonight it looks like she is still not there. 

• PCPC    2,196 posts

2010 Niconni ran 4th PC.  Uninspiring performance for which I was there for but thought I’d point it out

Yeah I forgot Niconni
    First fav won comfortably but didn't see a superstar really might want further already.

I remember Francesca when she came onto the scene for Aussie viewers to see and listen too, gorgeous lady I think Bruce still gets cold sweats.
    edited June 2022
    WOWEE absolutely smashed them up great work to horse jock and Chris Waller \:D/

jum likes this post.

edited June 2022
    Jamie Kah might be on a plane tomorrow to ride him in the July Stakes I think its called.

Platinum Jubilee it's called, probably changed the name of it in Lizzies honour.
  • PCPC    2,196 posts
    Easy win by Nature Strip
  • PCPC    2,196 posts
    This is why I have been so critical of Australian racing remaining in its silo - not travelling their horses overseas regularly like other countries do. Nature Strip has won the Group 1 King Stand Stakes easily but this win has done a few things and good things they are: 1. Its reconfirmed that Australian racing still produces the best sprinters in the world. 2: Australian trainers should travel their horses more often, thats what world racing is all about. 3. Nature Strip winning has broken the 6 year drought for an Australian trained horse winning a stakes (Group/Listed) race outside Australia, the last time was Chautauqua in the G1 Chairman's Sprint Prize in 2016 in Hong Kong. Well done Nature Strip. Brilliant ????????????

#TeamWaller #NatureStrip #RoyalAscot2022 #WorldRacing #DominantWin #KingStandStakes

thefalcon likes this post.

edited June 2022
    My Prospero to upset the fav here R4.

"Einstein" got planted 3 deep, gets beaten a long head probably a certainty beat...
  • G-MacG-Mac    1,570 posts
    Nature Stripe?  :))

Regardless of what he was called in the last couple of furlongs that was a dominant win. The interesting call is whether he backs up and clashes with Home Affairs (he is still nominated) in the Platinum Jubilee. My guess is that Waller will bend to the wishes of Coolmore and give Home Affairs the opportunity to increase his stallion value.
  • PCPC    2,196 posts
    Nature Strip, not too far off the track record. The time was 58.25 seconds. I think Miss Andretti (AUS) still holds the record: 57.44 seconds
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    PC said:

This is why I have been so critical of Australian racing remaining in its silo - not travelling their horses overseas regularly like other countries do. Nature Strip has won the Group 1 King Stand Stakes easily but this win has done a few things and good things they are: 1. Its reconfirmed that Australian racing still produces the best sprinters in the world. 2: Australian trainers should travel their horses more often, thats what world racing is all about. 3. Nature Strip winning has broken the 6 year drought for an Australian trained horse winning a stakes (Group/Listed) race outside Australia, the last time was Chautauqua in the G1 Chairman's Sprint Prize in 2016 in Hong Kong. Well done Nature Strip. Brilliant ????????????

#TeamWaller #NatureStrip #RoyalAscot2022 #WorldRacing #DominantWin #KingStandStakes

All well and good to say travel to the other side of the world PC. Just so we can poke tongues and say we have the best/fastest sprinters in the world. But with all that work and effort as well as the RISK. connections pick up $375K I believe. IMHO,  If nature strip was my horse and a gelding, I would not risk it for that prizemoney when millions is on offer here.
    BUT, if he was a Bull like Home Affairs. Then that is completely different.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Edit. Glad they went though and he smashed them . <:-P

• JayJayJayJay    7,664 posts
    I reckon Waller would play that slick donut salesman Wesley Ward on a break with his hands tied up. Saw 15 seconds of him being interviewed and speaking mexican and  generally being a cocky smartarse and went, okay, time to have a bet on Nature Strip. He smashed them, magnificent effort.

thefalcon, Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,986 posts
    i had a look at the field on racenet and they showed stake winnings. NS at +$17m and the rest of the field had not cracked the million. shows how bloody fantastic our stake money is. if you told the world we had 73 races worth more than a million i don't think they'd believe it.

• tonytony    2,369 posts

Jamie Kah might be on a plane tomorrow to ride him in the July Stakes I think its called.

Platinum Jubilee it's called, probably changed the name of it in Lizzies honour.

2 different races. Platinum Jubilee was Diamond Jubilee and is always on the last day of Ascot.

July Cup is at Newmarket.

edited June 2022
    jum said:

PC said:

All well and good to say travel to the other side of the world PC. Just so we can poke tongues and say we have the best/fastest sprinters in the world. But with all that work and effort as well as the RISK. connections pick up $375K I believe. IMHO,  If nature strip was my horse and a gelding, I would not risk it for that prizemoney when millions is on offer here.
    BUT, if he was a Bull like Home Affairs. Then that is completely different.

Yeh i agree mate biggish risks and costs for some "cred" and chump change prizemoney.Their sprinters are trash our group 2 horses would be in the finish of their big sprints :P
    Not diminishing the win he was superb..ran 20.9 from the 800-400 positively gassed them :D
  • JayJayJayJay    7,664 posts
    Onya Wez......

"Of all the winners I've ever had here, this is the fastest. I don't
    know anything about the Australian horse other than he's nearly eight
    years old, so I don't know how that'll go.

"My horse is four and the fastest I've ever had. I haven't seen the
    Australian horse race and I really don't need to study it, I just want
    my horse to be the way he is today and that's it."

He will actually make a fool of Golden Pal Wez, that's how that'll go.

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

I get the impression they won't back up for this reason he is pretty conservative CW..and they would want the colt to win i.e it would be flat knacker trying to beat the old boy on that win last night
    JayJay said:

I reckon Waller would play that slick donut salesman Wesley Ward on a break with his hands tied up. Saw 15 seconds of him being interviewed and speaking mexican and  generally being a cocky smartarse and went, okay, time to have a bet on Nature Strip. He smashed them, magnificent effort.

Perfect example of why we think their vvankers that tossa..Come to Australia with your speed machine fella, we will tear you a new one here too :P
    edited June 2022
    Poor last night the computer selections can only improve tonight...

ASCOT
    R1 Manhattan Jungle 40
    R2 Zechariah 20 ew
    R5 Greatgadian 28ew Via Serendipity 50pl. I don't mind Intellogent 50 ew
    R6 Mehmar 33ew Whistle & Flute 50pl
    R7 Serenading 20 each way. Finishes strongly and is my best bet in an open race
    UTTOXETER
    R5 Lignou 20 ew
    HAMILTON
    R2 Hello Havana 28
    R3 Mas Rapido 20 into 12
    R4 Sir Benedict 20 I think Kilconquhar 16 big chance. missed the start previous goes well track
    WEXFORD
    R1 Maska Du Morven 25ew
    R6 Double Windsor 40ew 
    RIPON
    R5 Dora Penny 33ew
    R6 Sudona 14ew
    R7 Madam Arkati pl

jum likes this post.

Not as appealing.tonight.
    Couple i like early, results will decide if i continue.

Dramatized R1 for the in form hoop Tudhope.

R2 Nahanni, the Appleby/Buick yard again.

R3 Shahryar a Japanese horse who will ping on the firm.deck.