G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Not very often I feel sorry for the opposition (when there is money at stake) but I did this morning for Theegala.
    That one is going to sting him for a while.
    Especially when he watches the replay and hears Nick Faldo commenting on what he should have done ad nauseam. Ok Nick...we get it.:-@

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Nice one @detonator, we've pulled you back in with that collect hahaha
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited June 2022
    Well done Det someone at least was a winner..ok guilty i watched a bit of the last round out of curiosity and checked the scores most days etc.
    Very unlucky that he choked Theegala, still nice to see Schauffele get the monkey off..played a gun 2nd shot into 18 too to seal the deal I believe.

Few of the big guns were plain at best..ie Mcilroy, Scheffler and Cantlay, he actually putts like shit mostly these days :-?? And his driving no better, ditto for Scottie he is off the boil needs some remedial work I feel.

One for the blackbook 20yo amateur Michael Thorbjornsen, a real star in the making when can he turn pro?
    Obviously played great all week shooting 15 under(actually got to -17 and -6 for the round but had two boges on the back nine)but his best play was on the long par 5 6th this morning.
    Hit a 3 metal(or maybe fairway metal)2nd shot from around 280 yds to less than 10cm for a tap in eagle, everyone was willing it to go in for a 2 it was a truly stunning golf shot.
    H-BOMBER said:

Nice one @detonator, we've pulled you back in with that collect hahaha

Thanks Bomber. I feel like I am part of the dream team now.
    With that win I reckon I am -100 units on the season.@-)

Thanks for the congrats TS. Lot of time and skill went into that “lucky dip” umm I mean selection. $20.00 bonus bet allows you to breathe easier as well, when one is considering the cash out option. NO WAY !!!

[-X
    One for the black book

Chesson Hadley.
    Well apologies for the later posting than usual. Hard to get motivated for this tournament. Unfortunately its the same every year with the Majors and Travellers hangover, the John Deere is just badly positioned between the fore mentioned and the upcoming Scottish Open and Britich Opens where all the big dogs will be barking.

But alas, there is a winner to be found. It is these types of tournaments which might reveal some diamonds in the rough. The John Deere is historically a low scoring feast. Last year, the winner carded -19 in what was one of the harder years. Early on course reports are the course is playing short and soft. This relies on predominantly accuarcy off the tee and wedge play. Driving accuracy ranks here at number 7 out of 43 courses, with the rest of the stats seemingly not significant enough to consider. If you want a real deep dive, approach from 50-125 yards is the bracket you need to consider, and most of my blokes blokes fall into this category.

So here we go, 10 units outright across 6 players as follows

3.41 units Adam Hadwin @ $19
    2.23 units Denny McCarthy @ $29
    1.8 units JT Poston @ $36
    1.06 units Chez Reavie @ $61
    1.06 units @ Adam Schenck @ $61
    0.44 units Chesson Hadley @ $151

and to complement this, having a crack at first round leader for 5 units. Last year had "Hammerin'" Hank Lebioda at $61 where he bogied the final hole to miss by a shot

1.3 units Adam Hadwin @ $34
    1.07 units Denny McCarthy @ $41
    0.87 units JT Poston @ $51
    0.66 units Chez Reavie @ $67
    0.66 units @ Adam Schenck @ $67
    0.44 units Chesson Hadley @ $101

A quieter week but hopefully can regain some momentum!

detonator likes this post.

Season Current +142.1 units

Out this week -15 units

Running total +127.1 units
    And a bonus this week. The DP Tour is in Ireland for the Irish Open. A pretty good field but ive lobbed outright into Min Woo Lee this week. 

5 units at $36 for 180 return

Good luck
    Season +127.1 units

Out here -5 units

Total +122.1 units
    Good luck to you mate, what's @Det doing ? :P

I'll wait for the UK stuff next week, really will be looking for some insight on the Open the following week, suppose next week's Scottish Open you say? will give some indications.
    Bonus will be the far better viewing times with the poms only 7 hrs behind, i like that!

Fresh off my success and now being back in the gang I am going again.

Theegala @ $23.00
    Denny @ $26.00
    Stallings @ $31.00
    Bez @ $36.00

$20.00 on each. Good luck and happy punting.  :D

edited June 2022
    See you guys are tempting me now I had my eye on Denny the other week or maybe it was a bit further back and now I've just gone to check the odds(partly to see wtf Bez is lol)my interest is piqued, Denny may have a huge impost to carry shortly!

Update soon but i'm thinking this reserve grade lot to use a footy analogy really suits Denny "Crane" and Webb "Homer" Simpson, am also liking at decent odds Charles Howell III (deadset I think of Gilligans Island when i see this dudes name Lol).

Update i'm on, just had 50 on the 3 mentioned..

Simpson 20@$13
    Denny 15@$26
    Chuck 15@$29
    No boosts available at Ladbrokes this week...

edited June 2022
    If I had to type Bez’s full name I would still be typing. Haha.
    If he wins you will know who Bez is….don’t worry about that.
    :D
    Some of your best stuff above TS. Old Thurston Howell. Haha

detonator said:

If I had to type Bez’s full name I would still be typing. Haha.

If he wins you will know who Bez is….don’t worry about that.
    Some of your best stuff above TS. Old Thurston Howell. Haha

Yeh I even crack myself up sometimes Det :D keeping it light life's too short.

Sth African fella Bez iirc?
    I think our plunge though is Denny! Can't recall his appearance well but am hoping he looks like a young William Shatner haha.
    Reckon you have found that momentum you were chasing Bomber. =D>

Killed it, wasn't he the early leader last week too?
    Yes he was, consecutive 62s. Not bad

The Postman delivers! 44.3 units jump in to make it a winning week regardless. Hoping he can continue the low scoring. I got sucked into Hadwin who stumbled to +4 and will miss the cut while Adam Schenk withdrew. That leaves Poston, Chesson, Denny and Reavie to fly the flag
    I`m hoping Stallings doesn`t Stall and Denny denies the opposition. :D
    Simpson faltered his last 2 holes to finish even, a bit sluglike umm well like Homer actually, being 9 back already is far from ideal..

I still feel Denny Shore can do it Det haha(remember Rhona Mitra in that show? hells bells :x )
    Denny Shore ??? You got me there mate. Lol
    Denny Crane and Alan Shore - Boston Legal?? Lol

Shatner and Spader shared star billing.
    The "other" JT posting a great 2nd round score at -15 to take a 4 shot lead into the weekend from the plunge golfer (well at least on this fine thread) Denny Mac outright second at -11. A host of players on -10.

I said it would be a birdie fest and the scores would be low. I predicted the winning score last week of -19, this week I'll have a stab and say you need to post -23 to win
    You have had your collect on the “other JT” Bomber.
    So don’t be greedy and let us have a few crumbs as well. Go “Denny “
    [-O<

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER likes this post.

Well JTP was able to shoot a solid number over night to finish 3 shots clear of nearest rival Denny. JTP sits at -19 while Denny and Stallings sit at -16. Hard to see much of the chasing pack run these top 3 down. Let's hope Denny can get on a fun early and pip the Postman on the line for a clean sweep for the group

Over in Europe, Min woo Lee is 11 behind going I to the final round. Just hasn't got going but might be a nice time up for the next few weeks.

I've had 4.43 units on Lucas Herbert to win back to back Irish Opens at $13. He is only 3 behind and is proven on the course and on a Sunday. To collect 56.8 back

Good luck

Update

+166.4 units

With

5 units alive Min (collect 180)
    4.43 units alive Herbert (collect 56.8)

10 units alive in the PGA for 64.7 back

Let's go boys bring it home
    Denny will hopefully make said charge H
    Homer obviously is sacked for life(pissoff to the LIV you clown :D )and Chuck Thurston Howell just had too many bogeys in his round or isn't good enough some of each I guess, nevermind at least he tried to shoot a score.

Good luck all but primarily Go team Denny obviously, pls have a semi choke JT Poston then we all will win.
    Stallings in the last group I assume? You 2 guys are well placed.

May be too short to bet and i don't know the price but i may save on(jinx)Poston.i jagged a winner at SAF Greyville last nite in R10(thanks Tabtouch and sucked in for giving me a bonus superpick on the meeting haha)so may give it a lash with some of these bonus funds in my account.
    I am saving on JT. Just hope Grillo gets grilled . Reckon it is out of the top 4.
    Denny would obviously be a nice result for us all.
    Stallings would be a nice result for the ego, but I am a “team player”.

Also need Novak to get up as well for my tennis multi. Short but boosts the payout by 5%.

The nags phucked  me over yesterday. Went chasing. Never a happy ending with that play.
    Turned to the NRL….yes NRL. Warriors at home for an emotional return to Smart Stadium against the 2nd worst team was easy money @$1.72 hd to hd.
    I reckon I gave the nags away 12-18 months ago and haven't missed it one bit. Not for me anymore. Stick to golf :))
    edited July 2022
    Det NRL? wtf... lol Warriors are in the convo as 3rd worst but at home for the first time in 2+ years yes that was a solid bet.idk if you watched but the ferals were out there were at least 3 pitch invaders I saw.
    Under/over total match points are also solid bets and pay @1.90 each of two..ie inclement weather = unders are generally king Dog/Sharks 40 or less was a gift, ditto for the Dragons/Raiders today

H its likely ill never give up the neddies I love the sport, do certainly concede the punt can have its fair peaks and troughs however.

I've had a saver/Jonah bet on JT is $2 to go on and win it.