G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Belmont 23/7/22

West Australian Racing
R1- JEANELLA won nicely on debut before not getting things to suit last start. Had trialled nicely for her debut when knuckling down late score before going a month between runs with an apprentice on and drawn the carpark. She sat four deep throughout but never gave it away in what looks a strong midweek event. Comes to a Saturday here but gets Clint back on and drawn four should get a much softer run in a genuinely run race.

R2- WEDNESDAY actually jumped best last start before being restrained to find some cover. Finished off nicely into fifth alongside a couple of rivals she meets again here but importantly she has drawn one this time. She seems to run her best races when able to have a soft time early and providing there isn’t too much early rain the fence should still be fine for her. Looks another race where they’ll really roll along and she’s always a chance in this sort of race.

R3- ASTRO WARRIOR did get all the favours first up but was good to see him prove he has ability. Has always looked a horse who could make the grade and further proved himself last start in Saturday grade. Didn’t look suited by a slow tempo in that but still found the line well once he got clear. From barrier two again looks like holding the leaders back and provided he gets a run goes close again.

R4- RELIABLE STAR is never an easy watch but is going super now that she’s out to the staying trips. Looked gone two starts ago before picking up under the apprentice to get up on the post and last start looked to find 78+ grade a touch too sharp but still picked up nicely into fifth. Backs up again which she loves, gets a likely wet track which she also loves and gets the blinkers on for this. Apprentices on get back stayers is never an easy task but gets big weight relief and Dyson is riding well.

R5- Best Bet: NERO KING looks a very nice horse in the making and this race looks to set up nicely for him. Was a debut winner at Northam and won as he pleased once he let loose and then came to town on a Saturday and started favourite in a slightly better field than this. He was ridden close and against the fence which didn’t look to suit him but he was still more than a pass mark into third. Went back to midweek grade and again rounded them up nicely from last. Looks a race where he can be three deep cover midfield which should suit as should the rain as his full sister Snowchino was a swimmer.

R6- FLYING MISSILE is probably on her limits at 1400 but worth noting she’s twice black-type placed over the trip. This looks a race with zero speed and so from two should find herself leading by default and from there she can walk them and utilise the turn of foot she possesses. Was good last week when taking a sit and peaking a touch late after making her run on the turn with 59.5kg. The three kilos weight relief and soft lead should be a massive help to her chances.

R7- MR MT WALKER is always a chance in this grade from low draws. Can put himself into spots which in big fields is a massive plus and gets through the wet nicely which will likely be another big tick. Has improved with each public appearance this prep and if he can take another step here he can go a couple better. Eachway chance in an eachway race.

R8- NERODIO is a quality racehorse. Really had to dig deep first up to grab Mervyn who looked like he had pinched it but was able to do so and looked as though he was ready for 1200 that he gets here. Does have to do it now with 59.5kg and give away 2kg weight swings to those he met in the Beaufine he looked to have enough improvement left to offset that. Should find some cover just off midfield and he simply loves a wet deck at Belmont.

R9- SENTIMENTAL HERO really looks ready for his preparation off the back of a sharp trial win. Looks to have been set to come back for Belmont being first up for just over twelve months and like he has been saved for a wet track. He went 2/2 this time last year both on wet tracks including a heavy track win in Saturday grade over Sentimental Queen. Has never actually raced over 1200 but gives the impression it shouldn’t be too sharp for him first up provided he doesn’t get shuffled too far back from four in the big field. Looks one who could shoot through the grades quickly.
+1 -1

Tucool, detonator, Chris, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Comments

• TucoolTucool    156 posts
    Good to see you back
    =D>
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,991 posts
    bet you have a great cable beach tan...
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    edited July 2022
    R7 Seminole Brave is interesting. When it raced on a Heavy8 last month the trainer stated that the horse failed to handle the track conditions....Then why start it today on a Heavy9. I give it a big chance if it can handle the conditions. Wide gate okay and will probably be kept wider away from the inside like most runners particularly later in the day

R9 Solid Azza continues to disappoint but I still think there could be a decent run on the horizon. Not certain how far away that horizon is ;)) No starts on the heavy but it may suit each way at the very long odds
    Another I like is Kia Ora Star though it has a big task ploughing through the track with more pudding than Sago but it will run a cheeky race

• ChrisChris    5,229 posts
    Called off
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    30 mins before race???
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    edited July 2022
    This would never have happened back in early 80’s where they would race in boats at Belmont if they had to LOL
    An hour of homework down drain with Belmont DOH!!!!

JimmyPop likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    That thunderstorm that went thru was nasty.
    true, it was, deto, but as you said it went thru. i don't think there was any lightening.
    just wait and see, it will clear up mid afternoon.

effing hell if these guys ran sydney/melbourne they'd never race...as gray said, in the 80's and before they'd race as belmont was perhaps the best wet weather track in aust.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    There was lightning. Scared the crap out of me . I am about 5kms from Belmont Park.
    after that downpour...zilch.
    i'd hate to be in the trenches with those guys.....nervous nellies...
    imagine the costs, trainers have brought their horses from all parts of the metro and near country, have arranged strappers etc.
    plus the food wastage, not only the pies and sausage rolls but the a la carte stuff from upstairs.
    i really think there will be some reprocussions and angst from those who feel dudded and gutted...and good on them.

• actionaction    60 posts
    Has the meeting been postponed or cancelled?
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    7 races transferred to Belmont Wednesday. Races 2 and 4 abandoned. 4 races from Belmont Wednesday moved to Northam Thursday. 11 races Wednesday. 12 races Thursday.

action likes this post.

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    edited July 2022
    Gray said:

30 mins before race???WWW

Gray said:

30 mins before race???

Gray said:

30 mins before race???

We were saddled up waiting to go to the mountig yard
    what was the general feeling about the cancellation, shothru?
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    thefalcon said:

what was the general feeling about the cancellation, shothru?

Correct decision made saw nobody disagreeing , a few saying the call should have been made earlier. I was with a HALL OF FAME jockey who inspected the track, he said it was the correct decision.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,735 posts
    Different direction but similar topic. Can anyone tell me if the bloke that painted the grass at Acot is now the head man across the road at Optus stadium or have I got my irrigation lines crossed?
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Anyone notice any difference in prices for tomorrow compared to Saturdays markets before everyone got their bets refunded?

Bookies would’ve seen all the plunge horses from Saturday and reframed tomorrows markets to suit them so no one could get the overs they originally did if they were betting into an early market for last Saturday?
  • spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    Who do you bet with Hash. At the moment WA tab or Sportsbet have markets up. Also looked at bet 365 and could not find market for tomorrow as yet 8 o’clock Tuesday morning
  • spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    Sorry that should have read do not have markets up . 8.52 am and still nothing
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited July 2022
    TABtouch had a few races from Saturdays card already up this morning

Little flirt opened 20’s on Thursday for Saturday
    Yet this morning opens around 11-12$
    Fkn crooks they are but in their defence they’d be mad to offer the same opening prices for tomorrows meeting as they did last week, the cats out the bag so to speak

My Fury another one, opens $9 on Thursday into as little as $6 for Saturday and now into $5 for tomorrow

Coldy likes this post.

• Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    472 posts
    We racing 2moro? Yay or nay?
  • ManchildManchild    696 posts
    yep
    there should be a big sign at the entry today:
    "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"