G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Markovina said:

You and your extensive football library - what a load of craap - we have to take that as the gospel do we 

And i knew youd play the man and have a go at Kim Hagdorn - simply because it is different to your opinion 

I've only known Kim for about 40 years. Working in the media and telling stories is what he was born to do...Would never repeat a word he said without checking it

freodockers, VillageKid, savethegame likes this post.

• runyonrunyon    569 posts
    Markovina said:

Don't expect anything positive from Marko in respect to all things Western Australian.

I dont usually respond to his rubbish Chariots but sometimes you just have to show them up when they are so completely wrong all of the time!

I also could have mentioned John Todd coached EF to the 1974 WAFL Premiership, WA to the 1983 & 1984 Australian Championships accounting for Marko's beloved Vics & SA both years, coached Australia to a series win in Ireland in the gaelic game after the 1984 season and of course after his WCE days coming back to coach both SD & SF to upset WAFL flags in 1990 & 1997 respectively all outside of his Swans 1980s era he supposedly only succeeded in as a coach but I didnt want to make a complete fool of him! 
    Precious little Swan District supporters - allways  very touchy about their club 

And the guy who told me was a top flite professional engineer -  didnt say it a nasty way about Todd - but thats what he told me - and he had a friend who played at East Fremantle 

The problem with this forum - is if you tell the truth - you get disliked

Where as your good self and Chariots and Jay Jay and a few others - you hold hands and make daisy chains - alah you like each others posts - even if they are rubbish posts - you give them a like even if it is complete nonsense - just to keep sweet with them - just plain ridiculous - but thats what some people are like- id like rather good robust debate

Todds 2nd year at West Coast - i heard the late Bob Davis - and he wasnt just some internet knob

And he heard or overheard Todds spray at half time - im pretty sure it was a game down at Geelong and they were getting thrashed - and Bob just shook his head - and said thats not the way to get your players up. And of course there was that game at Essendon where they kicked 1 goal for the game - to about 25 - thats clearly a coach  who has lost his players - and thats one of the reasons he got sacked at the end of the year

And of course there was that state game where Todd was coach - and again alah a sports forum - im just repeating what someone said- and im testing my memory - and it was 6-7 years ago 

It was Kim Hagdorn on the radio  - and he said along the lines - WA  were getting walloped  and at h/time Todd none too pleased  and gave Buckenara a hell of a spray - like you are hopeless Bucky - you havent touched the ball yet Bucky - the only problem with that - is Gary  Buckenara had been on the interchange bench the entire 1st half - and apparently Bucky gave Todd a nice spray back 
    I'm pretty sure the game you're talking about was in 1983 against the Vics when Buckenara kicked 7 goals. Like all good footy yarns there seems to be a bit of truth to it but also it seems like a bit of mayo has been added to it over the years.
    There's footage of the last quarter with Percy Johnson calling the game and when Buckenara kicked his 7th goal late in the game, he said it was an exceptional performance especially because for some unexplained reason he'd spent a period of time on the interchange bench. He didn't say when or how long but it certainly wasn't the entire first half because he kicked 2 goals in the 1st quarter and 1 in the 2nd.
    I may be wrong but my best guess is he kicked the goal early in the 2nd and went to the interchange bench and they forgot about him being there.  
    WA were 2 points up at quarter time and 20 points down at half time but went on to win by 3 points. 
    One other thing, listening to Percy reminded me just how crap footy commentary is these days. Back then, it was just two blokes who knew what they were talking about calling the game as they saw it. Sometimes less is more.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Luke Jackson purchased house in Shelley not Claremont, not Cottesloe, not Vic Park or Belmont.
    Flagmantle 2023.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    talking of commentators, how was rex hunt for colourful calls..

Manchild likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    When did he buy that Freo?

I've been told there is a 3 club deal between Dorkers, Melbourne and a Queensland team involving Lobb, Jackson and a trade swap. Not signed sealed and delivered. But as good as a done deal can be in this industry
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    reported on last nights news Rio

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    forgot to add Shelley is a lot closer to MRP than it is to Cockburn Freo lol

RIO likes this post.

spinking said:

forgot to add Shelley is a lot closer to MRP than it is to Cockburn Freo lol

Thought the same myself tbh.
    Rumours of Bradshaw included in the trade from Melbourne to Freo that is.

I hear WC Al king to new potential coach also.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I see our Weagles have gone hard for started the race for bottom spot. Rotham is in again!!!

If the had Nelson, and Duggan in next week, they will be right on track!!!!

detonator, Manchild likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    runyon said:

Markovina said:

Don't expect anything positive from Marko in respect to all things Western Australian.

I dont usually respond to his rubbish Chariots but sometimes you just have to show them up when they are so completely wrong all of the time!

I also could have mentioned John Todd coached EF to the 1974 WAFL Premiership, WA to the 1983 & 1984 Australian Championships accounting for Marko's beloved Vics & SA both years, coached Australia to a series win in Ireland in the gaelic game after the 1984 season and of course after his WCE days coming back to coach both SD & SF to upset WAFL flags in 1990 & 1997 respectively all outside of his Swans 1980s era he supposedly only succeeded in as a coach but I didnt want to make a complete fool of him! 
    Precious little Swan District supporters - allways  very touchy about their club 

And the guy who told me was a top flite professional engineer -  didnt say it a nasty way about Todd - but thats what he told me - and he had a friend who played at East Fremantle 

The problem with this forum - is if you tell the truth - you get disliked

Where as your good self and Chariots and Jay Jay and a few others - you hold hands and make daisy chains - alah you like each others posts - even if they are rubbish posts - you give them a like even if it is complete nonsense - just to keep sweet with them - just plain ridiculous - but thats what some people are like- id like rather good robust debate

Todds 2nd year at West Coast - i heard the late Bob Davis - and he wasnt just some internet knob

And he heard or overheard Todds spray at half time - im pretty sure it was a game down at Geelong and they were getting thrashed - and Bob just shook his head - and said thats not the way to get your players up. And of course there was that game at Essendon where they kicked 1 goal for the game - to about 25 - thats clearly a coach  who has lost his players - and thats one of the reasons he got sacked at the end of the year

And of course there was that state game where Todd was coach - and again alah a sports forum - im just repeating what someone said- and im testing my memory - and it was 6-7 years ago 

It was Kim Hagdorn on the radio  - and he said along the lines - WA  were getting walloped  and at h/time Todd none too pleased  and gave Buckenara a hell of a spray - like you are hopeless Bucky - you havent touched the ball yet Bucky - the only problem with that - is Gary  Buckenara had been on the interchange bench the entire 1st half - and apparently Bucky gave Todd a nice spray back 
    I'm pretty sure the game you're talking about was in 1983 against the Vics when Buckenara kicked 7 goals. Like all good footy yarns there seems to be a bit of truth to it but also it seems like a bit of mayo has been added to it over the years.
    There's footage of the last quarter with Percy Johnson calling the game and when Buckenara kicked his 7th goal late in the game, he said it was an exceptional performance especially because for some unexplained reason he'd spent a period of time on the interchange bench. He didn't say when or how long but it certainly wasn't the entire first half because he kicked 2 goals in the 1st quarter and 1 in the 2nd.
    I may be wrong but my best guess is he kicked the goal early in the 2nd and went to the interchange bench and they forgot about him being there.  
    WA were 2 points up at quarter time and 20 points down at half time but went on to win by 3 points. 
    One other thing, listening to Percy reminded me just how crap footy commentary is these days. Back then, it was just two blokes who knew what they were talking about calling the game as they saw it. Sometimes less is more.
    Thanks for clarrifying that mate - and you have done so very  fairly

As you say - there was some truth in it - alah they took him off early in the 2nd qtr - forgot about it - copped a spray at h/time and wasnt happy about it

Yet i got called a dead set liar by one person and a troll by another person 

And FWIW - give me Ron Alexander - Big Ron or Graham Moss every day of the week - ahead of Todd - Mal Brown - Hardie - Maumil ( whoo wasnt even a footballer ) and Neesham - smart aarsey types with a healthy ego and tickets on themselves 

Went to a East Fremantle v Subiaco  game at East Frem oval ( also attended the GF between those 2 teams that year on a wet day at Subi ) and that day at East Freo i listened  to Alexanders break time address - he was a real mans man - there was no ego - no smart aarse nonsense - a very direct message and it was all about the team - exactly the same with Graham Moss 

Ones who think they are a bit smart and clever - and have got tickets on themselves - i cannot stand them

Didn’t Alexander coach WC.

VillageKid, RIO likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited July 2022
    Exciting finish.
    Serong should get the coaches votes for Freo. He played a ripper. 
    Just reads the ball and the play so well. Always seems to be in the right positions. And makes the right decisions. 
    =D>
    Good game Detto.
    Looks like Freo getting bit tired towards back end.
    Hope I’m wrong.
    Unfortunately game destroyed by one sided Foxtel commentators even before the game started.
    It’s a long season and need the timing right heading into September. Maybe your boys are feeling the pinch a bit.
    Lobb would have been handy tonight. In career best form and Taberner needed a hand.
    Seeing Robbie Tarrant running away from Taberner was not what you wanted to see.  
    Fyfe injury not ideal. Age may be catching up with Mundy.
    Midfield been playing out of their skin but still young boys who need support too. 
    Still in the hunt and anything can happen !!!

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Fyfe & Walters & Tabernar & Mundy are crippled by fear of and actual hamstring tears  ...the ship of youth has sailed for them unfortunately....won't stretch out & nurse themselves like horses with bowed tendons learn to do. 

savethegame, detonator, RIO, Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ exactly, curmudgeon.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Throughout the game players from both sides in different passages of play.when it was up for grabs went like they had bowed tendons and stood on a nail in the process .VFL days teammates would've asked how far has your heart dropped.Too much coin at risk nowadays.

thefalcon likes this post.

Fyfe & Walters & Tabernar & Mundy are crippled by fear of and actual hamstring tears  ...the ship of youth has sailed for them unfortunately....won't stretch out & nurse themselves like horses with bowed tendons learn to do. 

Wouldn’t stretch out before or after they fell over the 18 Richmond players in their forward line.
    It was Hardwick and flooding at its best.

Halftime Geelong Port match.
    Geelong look a team without a weakness. Going to be hard to stop for the flag.
    Hope someone steps up to beat them because I can’t stand em.X_X
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Go boys.

:-c
    Well done Hendo what a game …

oldhendo likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Yeah, thanks FD these close finishes are not helping the heart.

RIO likes this post.

Was always going to be a good game against Essendon.
    Re Essendon and Port Adelaide wtf went on for the first half of the year. Both teams were miles off.
    Eagles coaches, fans, players have had enough. End the season now. Re group and go again next year.
    Like a slow death watching us play. The emphasis on the word “slow”. Haha
    X_X
    Good to see Jai Culley go today.
    he is very similar player to Serong.
    Long termer there.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Eagles coaches, fans, players have had enough. End the season now. Re group and go again next year.

Like a slow death watching us play. The emphasis on the word “slow”. Haha
    X_X

Geez i thought it wa great to watch... Williams playing as he should've been for the whole season. Culley, Basso, Hough all learning the trade. Shuey getting through another game, Hurn playing like a teenager....

To see the team having some sysemto build on for next season is all i wanted to seen the second half of the season. Yeah i was hoping for 3 or 4 wins in the second half and we aren't going to get them, but i've seen enough to believe we wont be fighting for a wooden spoon next season. The same as all the Dorkers fans should believer that they have 2 or 3 very good years ahead..
    Yes. Already a fan favourite. One of the few shing lights we have at the moment. His work ethic off the ball is impressive. Obviously doing what he can to stay on the list.
    Standing ovation when he lined up to kick that goal in the last quarter. That is how our season is going. Haha.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    edited July 2022
    never seen so many brain fades by professional footballers. 
    I understand many of them are young blokes at pressure points of the game... but surely you've been playing footy since you were 6 years old and you know that in the last minute of the game, if you mark within range.. you go back and take your shot.
    not one week, but two weeks in a row by richmond. 
    The bloke that did it this week should hang his head in shame after the very recent reminder the week before... 
    the bloke that took 40 seconds to kick the ball (you only get 30... and if you cant count to 30, the umpire tells you when 15 are gone... he also blows his whistle to hurry you up... and then as a back up... you can count to 30).
    am i being too hard? 
    the sky ball to jamie elliot in the last second of the collingwood game... smallest bloke on the field... how those two Essendon players failed to kill that ball, right on the boundary line.... this is under 10's stuff. 
    am i being too hard? 

RIO likes this post.

You are not too hard Diva.
    The one the week before for Richmond was dumb.
    Bolta 30 second brain fade was dumb.
    Had a bit of sympathy for Cumberland. One point would have been enough. Was probably thinking he needed to get in range. 
    Essendon should have done better on that last play for sure. Blame purely lay at the feet of the players for not setting up. Even mediocre teams would do a better job at that task. 
    The heat will be on Rutten....again. David King has lined him and Essendon up since the start of the season. Almost personal his attack on the Bombers and Rutten. :-B