In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 47 Non Members

Belmont 10th August

West Australian Racing

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

I would be a Lot happier if Lucy was on but none the less I think today might be Rocky Path's birthday in the next

Just needed a few of Lucy's kicks in the ribs.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Paul Harvey serial offender has cost Romancing The Rock 3rd place. Watch the slo mo when he stops riding and restrains. The horse opens its mouth resenting the restraint.

jpg
    jpg
    PH.jpg
    2M

Tucool likes this post.

Look at the difference in riding to the line...

jpg
    jpg
    ph2.jpg
    5M

Tucool likes this post.

Jockeysroom dislikes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Pont at it again today it seems...
    1. Excessive whip use on Lukes Pierro, then doesn't ride it out to the line, gets beat a small margin
    2. Stops riding Romancing the Rock, gets beat a nose for 3rd

He recently got done for each of these charges I think. Probably in strife I'd reckon
  • RexRex    397 posts
    Flanders said:

Pont at it again today it seems...

1. Excessive whip use on Lukes Pierro, then doesn't ride it out to the line, gets beat a small margin
    2. Stops riding Romancing the Rock, gets beat a nose for 3rd

He recently got done for each of these charges I think. Probably in strife I'd 

Lay outwards and bumped near the 900m and continued to lay outwards in the straight placing the rider at a disadvantage and not being able to fully test his mount over the concluding stages. Trainer advised he will effect a gear change in an attempt to improve the geldings racing manner.
    edited August 2022
    That is laughable. He is riding it out with the whip and then gathers up the reins and sits up at the 15m mark when he has clear running to the line. Check out the head on at 2min 50 secs on the clip below. No excuse not to ride it out for 1 more stride.

Flanders, Tucool likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Couldn't agree more Rodent. I bet the owners and trainers don't believe that excuse either
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited August 2022
    thefalcon said:

570 on your books....how in the hell could you have a handle on even a small %age of them? you would not have a clue if you had a "nugget" in that lot.

Couldn’t agree more, imagine owning a middle of the road one of theirs and bumping into them On the track.  You’d ask how’s it tracking, think we can win a race soon.  You’d cop a blank stare and “are you sure that’s one of mine”
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    they wouldnt know their horses or their clients and they all work to a system and its either fit in or fu&k off - goes for horse and client.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    You would be surprised . When Vic, John, and Peter were training for the Inghams they knew the horses . The had them in about 10 barns and they checked the progress of all. They even went to the spelling/pretraining complex regularly and the stud.. .They did not have many owners though.