G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Kendel Star

Breeding
HenleyBrookHenleyBrook    408 posts
edited November -1 Breeding
Whats everyone's thoughts on this stallion? has anyone raced any of his progeny?

I am very inclined to go to him. his stats are rather incredible for a bread and butter stallion. Perfect for someone whom has a mare with a strong northern dancer line and is willing to breed and race.

your feedback and input would be appreciated :wink:

Comments

• TucoolTucool    156 posts
    I've handled a fair few in general they are a good size with good legs and more than half have got ability ,on the downside they can be tempermental. Give them to the "RIGHT" people from day one and you should find yourself in the winners stall as a two year old.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Tell you another one that is underrated, because he was never given a chance.
    I really really like him because he was tough and versatile as a racehorse, and he's thrown that in to his stock that I've seen.
    Not sure where he's at now ?

Natural Blitz
  • SprintcarSprintcar    99 posts
    Natural Blitz stood up at Cromarty Park last season. Kendel Star certainly is underrated, I have had a few that I didn't breed and they can be really touchy if treated wrong. I bred one and he is one of the nicest horses I have bred, very big just over 17hh, races well always tries.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Kendel Star covered 16 mares this year at Stud, down from 35 the previous year.

Natural Blitz also mentioned in this thread covered 15 mares, only just down on his 17 the previous year.
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Like both Kendel Star and Natural Blitz his stock should be decent middle distance runners as they age.
    The thing with most these sires and similar is if they had Saxon's mares their results would be better comes down to opportunity but then again the topliners will amke it anyway.
  • cabmastercabmaster    9 posts
    Every one I've ever seen has been a nice strong type, but absolute dog to handle/ride. Missing a few cells in the brain department! The ones I've had personal experience with, have had not much ability.
    You know it's bad when even the breaker has no confidence in the job!
  • sunsetsunset    8 posts
    We have bred to both. Our Kendel Star filly was a big strong filly but unfortunately broke her leg in the paddock and we have a Natural Blitz colt currently, fantastic type, very happy with him.
  • rot8inrot8in    1,881 posts
    said:

Natural Blitz also mentioned in this thread covered 15 mares, only just down on his 17 the previous year.

Damien ..think i mentioned Kendal Star last year at the sales....What dont you like about it is probably what i should be asking
    said:

said:

Damien ..think i mentioned Kendal Star last year at the sales....What dont you like about it is probably what i should be asking
    It is not what I don't like about him, but I wouldn't breed to him if I was selling in the MM sale. He is just not rated highly enough to make it into the main sale, so that means little profit in the deal.

But to breed to race he is as good as 95% of other stallions standing in WA. He can get a Saturday winner and of course he has had three stakes winners. They are tough horses and seemingly get that right sort of distance from 1000 to 1500M comfortably enough.

I would recommend his stock easily in fact.
  • HenleyBrookHenleyBrook    408 posts
    I agree Damien. He is incredibly underrated as a race to breed proposition. Likewise with heritage.
  • said:

said:

said:

It is not what I don't like about him, but I wouldn't breed to him if I was selling in the MM sale. He is just not rated highly enough to make it into the main sale, so that means little profit in the deal.

But to breed to race he is as good as 95% of other stallions standing in WA. He can get a Saturday winner and of course he has had three stakes winners. They are tough horses and seemingly get that right sort of distance from 1000 to 1500M comfortably enough.

I would recommend his stock easily in fact.
    Agreed I have had a couple & still have some at my farm I dont own them but they are superb.great stallion to go to to race not the best to handle though
  • mattakhanamattakhana    8 posts
    whats Kendel Stars service fee this year?
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Same as anyone elses - "make an offer"
    I haven't spoken to the Stud for a few weeks so I will do so tomorrow and also ask them the stud fee's for 2012. Answer here tomorrow.
    Rivercrest Stud Stallion fee's for 2012

Kendel Star $5,500
    My Atacanta $2,750 (Facebook discount available)
    Izmir $1650
    Black Tom $550

All have LFG.
  • silkssilks    53 posts
    does anybody know how i can get hold of rivercrest by email thanks
    said:

does anybody know how i can get hold of rivercrest by email thanks

[email protected]
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited December 2017
    KENDEL STAR, the sire of Blamey Stakes winner He Or She, has peacefully
    passed away at Rivercrest Park on Sunday night.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Sad to read this he was a beautiful old grey.. his progeny are pretty adept on rain affected ground usually.
    Ramruey may have been his last winner that i know of which saluted on Sunday 26 Nov at Bunbury...Giddyup 'ruey!

Thanks for the post FM sad news but good to recognise the old boy.

Tucool likes this post.