G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport
SHOVHOGSHOVHOG    1,792 posts
edited November 2014 Sport
12th year in a row in profit will post some bets each week for those interested.

Dubai World Championship

Luke Donald top 10 between $4-5 depending who you bet with. Amazing price Luke loves this joint and finished off well in Turkey last week probably won't win but will be thereabouts.

Australian Masters

Greg Chalmers top 10 $3. Playing really good golf at the moment in the u.s and will be very confident of being there at metrop when the whips are cracking. Is a massive chance of winning.

Usually bet heavily after the first couple of rounds so will post some in-play bets.

Take the double Donald-Chalmers top 10 you won't get a better 13-1 shot all week.
+1 -1

Jordan likes this post.

Comments

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Mate you are a dead set genius if you can make profits punting on golf I had a crack at it was good fun but was  like betting on a 60 horse Melbourne Cup field as you say found some success betting after the cut.
    Also over the Aussie summer usually someone will get on a roll in the big three events follow them through.
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited November 2014
    @SHOVHOG You may have been one week early with the Greg Chalmers prediction, as he's now leading the Australian Open this week after 36 holes.  It was a good 'heads up' prediction though, so hopefully you have put some money on him for this week.  Might even got better odds this week after he missed the cut the previous week.
  • SHOVHOGSHOVHOG    1,792 posts
    Yeh got 55s and 12s Adam Scott yesterday. Still think either Rory Spieth and Scott will win and I just need to position myself to profit off all 3. Will make more time for this thread in the new year.

PieMan, Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    I took $61 about Brett Rumford pre tournament, he's in the mix. It's getting tough out there, wind is up.

SHOVHOG likes this post.

Shovhog you better post your tips by the looks Speith looks the next gun is he playing here again?
    edited December 2014
    Spieth is in America for the world challenge this week.

3 players im keen on this week

Danny Willett in South Africa

Graeme McDowell in the world challenge

Mathew Millar in the n.s.w open.

Will give a bit more input when the proper stuff starts in the new year.

Hope someone got a slice of the 40s about Danny Willett B-)

squid69, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    You are in a rich vein of form mate, both sport and thoroughbred.
    Chalmers wins the Australian PGA after a seven hole playoff with Adam Scott & Wade Ormsby (eliminated after three playoff holes). Great effort considering he was 7 shots behind at the start of the final round.
    Yer was great effort from Chalmers but Scott did have many chances to close it out he just couldn't hole one when it counted....
    edited June 2015
    US Open begins tonight.

Being played in the North-West for the first time at Chambers Bay in Washington, an open links style course which in vastly different in style to the majority of courses the US Open are normally played on.

OUTRIGHT BETTING (EACH WAY TOP 6)
    $9/$3 McIlroy ('11 champion)
    $11/$3.50 Spieth
    $17/$5 Mickleson (6 x Runner-up)
    $19/$5.50 Rose ('13 champion)
    $19/$5.50 D.Johnson
    $23/$6.50 Fowler
    $29/$8 Stenson
    $31/$8.50 Matsuyama
    $31/$8.50 Day
    $34/$9.25 Scott
    $34/$9.25 Garcia
    $34/$9.25 B.Watson
    Others
    $51/$13.50 Kaymer ('14 champion)
    $61/$16 Woods ('00, '02 & '08 champion)
    $67/$17.50 Simpson ('12 champion)
    $81/$21 Leishman
    $126/$32.25 McDowell ('10 champion)
    $151/$38.50 Els ('94 & '97 champion)
    $251/$63.50 Ogilvy ('06 champion)
    $251/$63.50 Sendon

Odds quoted from tabtouch.mobi https://tabtouch.mobi/#fob/event/35547630?sseq=30926&cseq=2013020&tseq=2433111

@SHOVHOG Any predictions?
    Rickie Fowler, Danny Willett & Bubba Watson are the ones I've backed.

Bubba is great value in his 3 ball tonight.
    edited June 2015
    Fowler is ultra consistent in the majors, by memory finished top 5 in all four last year. Also won the Players Championship this year, so definitely has the form on the board.

Interestingly, he was voted the most over rated player on the tour by his peers last year. Might be based on the fact he only had 1 PGA title to his name at the time.

I think the long hitters could have a distinct advantage at Chambers Bay (which could play as long as 7,800 yards), so players like Watson or Dustin Johnson could go well.
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    edited June 2015
    I'm going Willet and Reed Top 6 finish
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Have seen very little golf this year so am betting on the very little that I caught last year but I liked the look of Willet and Marcel Siem spread over win very small through top 5/10/25 and best for the round purely for an interest. I Siem has been going very poorly of late, did he have a wrist injury towards the back end of last year?
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    You could back 6 or 7 players at double (even triple figure) odds, find the winner a make a decent profit or on the flipside back them and still miss the winner.
    It's an absolute raffle
    Justin Rose, Brandt Snedeker, Tommy Fleetwood and Alexander Levy. Straight out Rose. EW the other three
    Don't look anywhere else but betfair for win bets.

hash likes this post.

SHOVHOG said:

Don't look anywhere else but betfair for win bets.

Massive prices and crazy trading opportunities

SHOVHOG likes this post.

edited June 2015
    US OPEN LEADERBOARD - ROUND 1
    -5 D.Johnson, Stenson
    -4 Reed
    -3 Kuchar, Martin, Campbell (a)
    -2 Day, Dufner, Spieth and 5 others
    Others
    -1 Mickleson, Ogilvy, Snedeker
    EVEN Garcia, Levy, Scott, Watson
    +1 Fraser
    +2 Els, Kaymer, McIlroy, Rose, Senden, Willett
    +3 Siem
    +4 Fleetwood
    +10 Woods
    +11 Fowler
    edited June 2015
    SHOVHOG said:

Don't look anywhere else but Betfair for win bets.

Agree with you on that one. Compared the odds between TABtouch and Betfair after Round 1 and every player listed above was paying better on Betfair except one, Danny Willett ($201 on TABtouch v $180 on Betfair).
    edited June 2015
    US OPEN LEADERBOARD - ROUND 2
    -5 Reed, Spieth
    -4 Grace, D.Johnson
    -3 Finau, Luiten, Martin, Summerhays
    -2 Day, Holmes, Lovemark
    Others
    -1 Levy, Stenson
    EVEN Smith
    +1 Ogilvy, Scott, Snedeker
    +2 Els, Fraser, Rose
    +3 Fleetwood, Mickleson
    +4 McIlroy, Senden
    +5 Garcia
    Jason day and Phil mick are the only 2 players I've backed that are stil in the hunt.. Any of u golf experts think either are still a chance?
    edited June 2015
    Depends if he is Ok to play in the 3rd round, collapsed on his final hole today. In reality, anyone is still a chance, especially someone like Mickleson, if Phil can shoot something like -3 tomorrow and the leaders shoot par or worse. Not many easy holes out there, so it's not hard to get on the bogey train. Just ask Tiger (+16).

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-20/jason-day-collapses-with-suspected-vertigo-at-us-open/6560468

hash likes this post.

All my boys made the cut, anything can happen from here. Only 9 shots first to last and on a tough course like this, things can change very quickly.

hash likes this post.

US OPEN LEADERBOARD - ROUND 3
    -4 Day, Grace, D.Johnson, Spieth
    -1 Holmes, Lowry, Oosthuizen, Smith
    +1 Finau, Luiten, Reed, Romero, Snedeker, Stenson
    +2 Kisner, Kuchar, Levy, Schwartzel
    Others
    +3 Scott
    +4 McIlroy, Rose, Senden
    +6 Fleetwood, Ogilvy
    +9 Fraser
    +10 Mickleson

Louis Oosthuizen is the big mover in the field, was +7 (12 shots behind the leaders) after Round 1.
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    Wow DJ choked on that last hole after a great approach shot. Great finish by Scott
    edited June 2015
    Spieth wins back-to-back majors with a birdie on the final hole, after making a double bogey the hole before. Johnson three putts from 12 feet on the last to miss out on a playoff by one shot.

US OPEN LEADERBOARD - ROUND 4
    -5 Spieth
    -4 Oosthuizen, D.Johnson
    -3 Scott, Smith, Grace
    -2 Schwartzel
    -1 Snedeker
    EVEN Day, Lowry, McIlroy
    +1 Kisner, Kuchar
    +2 Senden, Reed, Finau, Romero
    +3 Beljan, Dufner, Garcia, Ogilvy and 4 others
    Others
    +5 Fleetwood, Levy, Rose
  • kittradkittrad    38 posts
    I had high hopes on Fraser here. Just too bad. image
    Rory McIlroy in a race against time to be fit to defend his Open title after rupturing a ligament in his left ankle.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-06/mcilroy-in-doubt-for-british-open-after-rupturing-ankle-ligament/6599656?section=sport