G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

God Has Spoken

Breeding
DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
edited March 2015 Breeding
Just been announced that he will stand at Rivercrest Park this coming season for $1100

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    For a second when I saw that title I thought it was about Andrew Carter #:-S

thefalcon, Thoroly_Bread, paraletic likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    I photographed him this morning at White Hills Farm, prior to his departure for Rivercrest Park for the upcoming breeding season.
    1.jpg
    2142 x 1428 - 726K
    8.jpg
    1728 x 2592 - 748K
    3.jpg
    1949 x 1300 - 465K
    4.jpg
    2445 x 1630 - 999K
    11.jpg
    1568 x 1046 - 463K
    13.jpg
    1646 x 1098 - 511K
    12.jpg
    1665 x 1110 - 467K
  • MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts
    What a dud. Full brother a champion.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts

What a dud. Full brother a champion.

'Champion' is a big statement at this early stage. His oldest are four, just 35 runners with 20 winners and two stakes winners including a Gr1 winner.  This from crops of two to four years of age of 85 live foals. His fertility is a bit of a concern ranging from 85% down to 66% and his mare numbers were in decline until arrested two years ago. Even though his service fee is $11,000 now, he is doing a very good job at Stud for connections. He does have 13 yearlings in the upcoming MM Sale, but just two have made Day 1. That's an imposing record and probably one of the best starts for a WA Stallion in the last decade, but long way from being a Champion Sire.

God Has Spoken on the other hand has 76 live foals of two and three years of age. He is getting more mares but of lessor quality at a very low service fee of $2,200. Only the one yearling has been nominated for the MM Sale. He certainly has an uphill battle from here to achieve anything close to his full brother, but he was a quality racehorse and eventually he will taste success.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Playing God's, but today I saw 40 yearlings and as this year is heavy with new Stallions, I think competition from WA based  buyers looking to grab some Westspeed Platinum bonus money will see a lot of the new boys well patronised. With just two in Day 1, Playing God's average for those who went to him for $4,400 might not realise quite the averages they may have hoped for. He certainly is going to need a decent return and get more yearlings into the premium day for those breeders who paid the $11,000 service fee to get a decent return.

Not withstanding all of the above, I hope he one day is regarded as a Champion.
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    Nice Saturday winner for GHS - Holy Ghost
  • MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts
    silky said:

Nice Saturday winner for GHS - Holy Ghost

Still a fud.