Demerits update

Breeding
CPLCPL    632 posts
edited July 2015 Breeding
Any word on his early horses as yet?

Comments

• CPLCPL    632 posts
    edited July 2015
    I guess it's a case of 'if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all?
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    Ive got one - had a blue with a fence though, 60/40 chance of making it to the track - unbroken as yet. As with most I have seen at the sales was a bit small as a yearling - however is furnishing into a nice type.

• silkysilky    342 posts
    edited July 2015
    Yep from what I've seen they aren't going to be 2yo's.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    In the case of the Colt I bought for Sam earlier this year, he had some immature bone that needed plenty of time. He has just begun or about to finish being broken in, then I can only assume after some education work with Jim, he will go back into the paddock for more time. That's really the only thing that is keeping him most likely being a three year old. The impression I get is that Lonhro stock can perform quite easily at two, and in this current season he has 8 winners from 33 2YO's with three of those being stakes winners.

Demerit himself was a late 2yo. he debuted against Black Caviar in a Listed race in May, then was put away until September when he came out and won his first two starts back as a 3yo. So in saying Lonhro's can run at two, this one seemed to be one of the later ones, and I think most of his stock will as well.

That is the basis under which I considered buying one. Just letting the client know we were not talking about Oct/Nov of the 2YO season like some other breeds do.

Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

• CPLCPL    632 posts
    Thank you very much for your comments and it goes along way in helping my d decision.
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    edited September 2015
    I hear the stallion injured himself quite badly. Anyone have any updates?
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited September 2015
  • Pink_BluePink_Blue    74 posts
    Good evening everyone.

I can confirm that this morning Demerit was involved in an incident at Taunton Vale Stud that has left him fighting for his life.
    At this stage I won't be leaving too many details other than the fantastic team at Murdoch are doing all they can for our amazing stallion.
    Anyone who had there mares booked in for this season Kent or Nina will be in touch ASAP to make arrangement.
    Thank you all for he well wishes and we like so many others have our fingers crossed and look forward to having him black at home.
    Terrible news for the connections. The team at Murdoch are fabulous people, I'm sure they will leave nothing to chance.

jum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    our thoughts and prayers are with you, pink....

jum, Tucool, oldhendo likes this post.

Thanks guys, your thoughts are all very much appreciated.
  • Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    Pink, How's he going?
    Good afternoon all,

Just to update you all,'Demerit' is still at Murdoch and it has been due to his laid back and well mannered nature he has done remarkably well in recovery and whilst not out of the woods yet, every hour that goes by he is slowly winning his long battle.
    At this time Hamlin Bay Thoroughbreds and Taunton Vale Stud would like to take the opportunity to thank the magnificent vets and all the staff at Murdoch that without their care and superior skills we would probably be without our stallion.
    Thank you to everyone else who has wished us and Demerit well during this tough time, we look forward to seeing some more of his progeny hitting the turf shortly.

RIO, jum, kam, oldhendo, DamienWyer likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    great news, pink..... =D>
  • Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    Good news!! Hope it get better!!
    Thanks guys, we really owe it all to the brilliant staff at Murdoch and for a big fella who is going to be missing out on all the fun this season 'Demerit's calm natured self has really made it easier for the team down there.

RIO, DamienWyer, oldhendo, Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    All the best pink! Hopefully everyrhing goes ok in the next few days.
  • DaleDale    1,346 posts
    can i ask what happened?

Thoroly_Bread, Tucool likes this post.

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts.
    'Demerit' remains at Murdoch in a sling and will remain unchanged for the next 14 days. This period is absolutely crucial and he is a long way from being home. Fingers and toes crossed he digs in deep for the fight.
    @Dale be more than happy to once we get out of the woods, thanks for the understanding.

RIO, jimbo1 likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    All the best for the next fortnight.....and thanks for the updates.
  • DaleDale    1,346 posts
    @Pink_Blue Obviously a long ongoing ordeal. Best of luck to connections and indeed the horse himself.

thefalcon likes this post.

Demerit,
    Thank you everyone for all the wishes during the past couple of weeks, it has been truly overwhelming for everyone at Taunton Vale and at Hamlin Bay Thoroughbreds. 'DEMERIT' is now back at home on the long road to recovery and we look forward to seeing him back to duties next season. Thank you to the amazing staff at Murdoch who got him thru the ordeal and a massive heartfelt thank you to David Bishop and the Touchstone Park team for helping place our mares at the 11th hour, we can't wait to see our 'Planet Five' babies. Again, thank you to everyone industry wide for the wishes, support and offers of kindness along the way.
    -Hamlin Bay Thoroughbreds-

Tucool, RIO likes this post.

• MakybedonMakybedon    34 posts
    Dale said:

can i ask what happened?

He was in a paddock showing off to the girls.He pulled down the top strand of wire which got caught on his leg.He then panicked and tore his leg open,almost severing his hoof.
    It will be a long road to full recovery but Murdoch did a great job and he's home to continue the healing process.

RIO likes this post.

As is always the case with death or near death incidents with a Stallion prospect, his results seemingly look to be on the improve. There are a couple of smart types that have trialed in recent times.
    Hahaha Damien, some of them have been impressive without being pushed. A lot of the trainers have echoed what was said at the first sales which is that particular crop were expected to be 3yr olds and credit to the trainers who have patiently trailed as late 2yr olds and now look to have some quality sprinting stock. Some like Penalty Point have just been bitterly unlucky.
    Best of luck to all who have a few shares here and there.
    Please do keep us updated as we love to hear how they are going and it's amazing to see them a year or so on how they have developed both physically and with their personalities.
    Best of luck all and once again thank you for all the support.

thefalcon, Makybedon likes this post.

• SuperSnoopSuperSnoop    164 posts
    Pink_Blue said:

Hahaha Damien, some of them have been impressive without being pushed. A lot of the trainers have echoed what was said at the first sales which is that particular crop were expected to be 3yr olds and credit to the trainers who have patiently trailed as late 2yr olds and now look to have some quality sprinting stock. Some like Penalty Point have just been bitterly unlucky.
    Best of luck to all who have a few shares here and there.
    Please do keep us updated as we love to hear how they are going and it's amazing to see them a year or so on how they have developed both physically and with their personalities.
    Best of luck all and once again thank you for all the support.

penalty point? thats a gee up surely? 
    looked to have every chance at its last two runs. they'd want to go better than that...
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Surely ^^^that is a rev up SSnoop. Got a chq at 4 of its 5 starts this campaign. Irrespective of where they are, they are heading in the right direction...Not every stallion can produce regular city winners in its first season or two. But the old adage of horses for courses is applicable to local stallions.

They need to produce good looking foals, get some results and provide a return for owners...When they start winning Saturday city races that should be seen as a bonus...Cos if they do too well they will end up like Henny Hughes, and we still wont have them here!!! or if they stay, not many owners can afford them.

If you want to mate to a good stallion, send your mare to the east coast. If not be happy to have your horses running around in the support races and every now and then land a Saturday race..

That's our industry now.

Spangled Impact had a very nice trial at Belmont yesterday, getting over the top of Dusty Storm.
    Captivated Point also a sharp trial

Spangled Impact had a very nice trial at Belmont yesterday, getting over the top of Dusty Storm.

I'm not betting today but I hope everyone followed my observation