G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 24 Non Members

Racing memorabilia.

West Australian Racing
I thought this would be a good topic, who's got what out there?

Comments

• notapuntanotapunta    938 posts
    6 wins of Wombie's Legacy pic :x
  • BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts
    Old style bookies board

Very_Average_Punter likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,735 posts
    A signed autographed copy of Oliver's 10k bet on Miss Octopussy @ Moonee Valley.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

A signed autographed copy of Oliver's 10k bet on Miss Octopussy @ Moonee Valley.

Now that would be a good one!!!!
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Saddlecloths worn by Takeover Target (1) and Apache cat (2) in the group 2 Sgio winterbottom stakes. and what a race that was!!!!!!!!!!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,944 posts
    who did u pinch them from, para? :))
    I've got a 1947 sporting year handbook from dad......very interesting would like to give it a good home..its in good nick.
  • lamelame    1,757 posts
    edited February 2016
    Black caviar 1oz silver coin and 2 mass print $1's
    both betting slips I put on her last race before heading to Royal Ascot
    Phar lap $5 coin and a 50c
    Makybe diva print
    A display cabinet with odd bits and peices that I've forgotten what's in it that sits behind a couch in the corner of the lounge room so the kids can't get into it " The joys of having children"

thefalcon likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited February 2016

edited February 2016
    RIO said:

Now that would be a good one!!!!
    I don't know about that. I suspect-like the Media Puzzle whip-it may be one of many :)] :-$
    I received one as a present. A framed pic which displays the "Legends Of The Turf" over the last 30yrs:

Octagonal: check: Saintly: check; Sunline:(debatable, but check); Northerly: check etc etc...curiously Might And Power has been excluded but Fields Of Omagh made the cut :-? :-O
    Oh I still have the plastic visor they were handing out for free for the 2005 BMW, billed as a match race between Maybe Diva & Grand Armee. I got the MD one and there were plenty. I went back to grab the GA one and they were all gone. Who would have thought that now? :-??
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited February 2016

framed print of Black Caviar, it has separate photos round the border of each win, signed be Peter Moody and Luke Nolen... I wouldn't mind and shouldn't be too hard getting Jarrad Noske to scribble on the first two photos that have him winning on her B-)

jpg
    jpg
    bc.jpg

lame likes this post.

@hash If you look closely at the UK win you can see Nolen thinking: "Oh ****, that was close!"  ;))
    paraletic said:

Saddlecloths worn by Takeover Target (1) and Apache cat (2) in the group 2 Sgio winterbottom stakes. and what a race that was!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to give us the story about how you procured those acquisitions?

hash, therealkramer, thefalcon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

@hash If you look closely at the UK win you can see Nolen thinking: "Oh ****, that was close!"  ;))

still gives me shivers thinking of that win and how close it was... imagine if it went the other way and he got her beaten!! the uproar from punters, the whole of her followers from Oz, connections of the horse and all the rest.... and that unbeaten streak gone! it seriously would have been the biggest disaster in sporting history in our lifetime

• spinkingspinking    3,730 posts
    in the late seventies when I was about 10-13 years old I used to work in the jockeys room they had a race called the H G Bolton international if I remember correctly the best jockeys from all over the world were invited in the racebook they had a picture of them and a little story on each of them I got everone of their signatures still have the racebook at home also helped ROY HIGGENS with his gear in those days us valets would walk down to were they weigh in and get there saddle I think it was the derby or a lead up race the professor won on stormy rex  Jimmy Hollands went to get a photo of Roy Roy put his arm over my shoulder and said not without my little mate the next Saturday after packing his bag  he hands me a framed copy of it with the signature to my mate best luck good wishes roy Higgins still has pride of place on my wall even though I am now 50
  • spinkingspinking    3,730 posts
    also very good mate has lets elopes racing plates from when she won the cup and shafstbury avenues rugs from the Honda stakes and one other group win
    hash said:

still gives me shivers thinking of that win and how close it was... imagine if it went the other way and he got her beaten!! the uproar from punters, the whole of her followers from Oz, connections of the horse and all the rest.... and that unbeaten streak gone! it seriously would have been the biggest disaster in sporting history in our lifetime

Moody's reactiojn after the race when what looked like an official-went to shake his hand but was brushed-was a classic. He was livid. Oh to be a fly on the wall when Luke Nolen gave his explanation behind closed doors.

paraletic said:

Are you going to give us the story about how you procured those acquisitions?
    no probs slip, not much of a story. I used to work at PR. And they were throwing them out (the whole set). However, as a Takeover Target fan I asked my superior if I could keep the 1 and 2 numbers and they said yes. This is going back a number of years ago now.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,232 posts
    Haha they were going to throw them out. Speaks volumes really

OliversTwist, thefalcon likes this post.

I would love to have Joe Janiak sign it for me. If I ever got to meet him I would probably give it to him.   
  • Aussiereds72Aussiereds72    601 posts
    Got a pair of magic moriera signed jockey pants from Hong Kong and zac Purton signed pair aswell plus makybe diva signed by boss limited edition print
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Have the 1956 Perth Cup racebook somewhere in a cupboard.

Last year gave the Kal Racing Museum the riders trophy (whip) for the 1955 Kal Cup

Fairetha, p_b?

edited February 2016
    paraletic said:

paraletic said:

I used to work at PR. And they were throwing them out (the whole set). However, as a Takeover Target fan I asked my superior if I could keep the 1 and 2 numbers and they said yes. 

Unusual souvenirs but a great collect Paraletic.

paraletic likes this post.

• I've got some old wrigleys gum that mick dittman chewed when he rode chief de beers one day.
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited February 2016

hash said:

Moody's reactiojn after the race when what looked like an official-went to shake his hand but was brushed-was a classic. He was livid. Oh to be a fly on the wall when Luke Nolen gave his explanation behind closed doors.
    Moody told the story at a carbine lunch a few years back. A good yarn - bit too long to go through here ( cue bookielover =)) ).
  • lamelame    1,757 posts
    edited February 2016
    My wife's mum has a not 100% on the date but 18** whip inscribed brass handle with Perth cup and other bits . Looked up up years ago couldn't find anything on the details at the time her grandfather was a jumps jockey and theirs a Perth in the UK so couldn't clarify if was here or not ,when her mum passed was a what looked like a fob watch that was a furlong timer inscribed with I can't remember the race , horse jockey of another big race and time with my name attached to it , one of the sister in laws ended up with her mits on that one and when my mother in law asked about it , it was as if it never existed and claimed she didn't know any thing about it X(
  • TucoolTucool    156 posts
    edited February 2016

I got a Doriemus trophy for the Grey-Smith stakes and a set off fronts from British Steel also a set of racing spurs that I'm told that belong to Jack Marshall.